Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The unexpected bonus from waiting for the store - bravo SSD!

FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
There are some people who want their cake, and they want it RIGHT NOW.  And they complain when things take time ... well I'm not one.

While some jump up and down and whine about the store being down, there is something the less perceptive out there will have totally missed.

The level of community interaction, including by devs, on their IRQ chat has been amazing.  We've had roleplaying, great discussions, even a discussion between a number of us over the best strategies for writing novels.

Anyone who is complaining that the website is still down is missing a critical point.  The core of this community, and the level of passion and engagement from the devs, is amazing.  And is alive and beating - without the website.  Indeed, it is quite possibly easier for new players to introduce themselves and interact with established members of the community right now, on IRQ, than it was when we had the old server.

No-one likes delays.  But there is a real and unexpected bonus - the core community has just shown it is stronger than any single website.

This community is amazing.  And I genuinely feel sorry for you if you are jumping up and down complaining about the store not being up yet - because you are literally missing out on a golden moment in community formation.  

Comments

• 1000111010110001110101 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I just thought it was great to see the website down to be updated.  Take however long it takes to get it done right.  Not like we are waiting for game servers to come back up, that's a horse of a different color there.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I just thought it was great to see the website down to be updated.  Take however long it takes to get it done right.  Not like we are waiting for game servers to come back up, that's a horse of a different color there.
    Yup.  I Backed for the game, not for a fancy website.  And to be honest, the community is having fun with the lore and politics already, and we're not even at open alpha yet.
  • slagathoreslagathore Member UncommonPosts: 31
    There are 100 of you in IRC. That is 1/100 of the people that backed the project.  Your voice is tiny.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Flute said:

The level of community interaction, including by devs, on their IRQ chat has been amazing.  We've had roleplaying, great discussions, even a discussion between a number of us over the best strategies for writing novels.

This community is amazing.  And I genuinely feel sorry for you if you are jumping up and down complaining about the store not being up yet - because you are literally missing out on a golden moment in community formation.  
    Enjoy it while it lasts !

If the current situation is a reflection of things to come, then you'll be "roleplaying on IRQ" for the next 5 years, lol

Some of you may even finish that novel before the game launches... :D
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Flute said:
    There are some people who want their cake, and they want it RIGHT NOW.  And they complain when things take time ... well I'm not one.

While some jump up and down and whine about the store being down, there is something the less perceptive out there will have totally missed.

Anyone who is complaining that the website is still down is missing a critical point.  The core of this community, and the level of passion and engagement from the devs, is amazing.  And is alive and beating - without the website.  Indeed, it is quite possibly easier for new players to introduce themselves and interact with established members of the community right now, on IRQ, than it was when we had the old server.

No-one likes delays.  But there is a real and unexpected bonus - the core community has just shown it is stronger than any single website.

Sounds GREAT!

Maybe they should just leave it down and keep RPing with you on IRC...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    There is a saying, "Talk is cheap."  IRQ chat is cheaper.