Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back, what should I know?

dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
edited July 2016 in Elder Scrolls Online
I played at launch, and I believe right at the Imperial expansion launch. My issue previously was the game made grouping difficult, and the game was mostly solo questing. I see that there is a dungeon queue. What else do I need to know about the game? Are there certain servers that are dead, or are all of them still pretty populated? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. Went back in and found that it's still pretty much solo to 50. Really tired of the way mmos have turned into single player games with other people running around....

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

Post edited by dreamer05 on

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    edited July 2016
    Though I haven't played this in quite some time as I've been busy with the Witcher 3 and the Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset :-), I've played enough of this game to say the following: It's tiring to hear these same generic complaints which just aren't true. Its the same thing I heard with SWTOR. A game is as solo as you want it to be. Yes, they made this game very solo friendly and you can pretty much solo to 50. However, there are dungeons you have to group with others to complete and there are world bosses that you cannot do without others..not to mention the gates that have to be closed that spawn. Also, PVP is a group activity. Why is it bad that a game tailors to all playing styles if it does all of them pretty well? If you don't want to play solo, then don't. Don't complain that others do.

There Is Always Hope!

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    If yer like me....you should know that you are stating all over. They reset all skills and stuff and I have no idea what I'm doing now.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    dreamer05 said:
    I played at launch, and I believe right at the Imperial expansion launch. My issue previously was the game made grouping difficult, and the game was mostly solo questing. I see that there is a dungeon queue. What else do I need to know about the game? Are there certain servers that are dead, or are all of them still pretty populated? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. Went back in and found that it's still pretty much solo to 50. Really tired of the way mmos have turned into single player games with other people running around....
    You don't have to solo if you don't want with some exceptions for the story quests.

The dungeons are for groups and you can get a buddy or two and do the quests together (other than the aforementioned story quests).

In the fall the barriers between the factions will be broken down (except Cyrodiil) so you can go and hang with friends in any of the faction areas and do quests with them. Since they are making the entire world level appropriate per character you very well might be able to group up with people of different levels (though in all honesty we don't have enough info regarding their system).
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I don't get it?  I NEVER solo in this game, except on my main story quest, and I don't have any personal friends in the game.  It is SO easy to group for dungeons and especially pvp.  Yeah, you have to socialize and make the groups... it doesn't just stick you in a group for walking into an area, but it is easy to create and join groups.  In pvp you can join just by typing in the auto-invite word that peepz advertise in zone.  In pve you can use the LFG function or manually create groups (both are easy).

Its like saying, "I tried sex and yep, found it was still solo so I quit for a while".  Geez, the devs have made sex as mmo as possible, but there is still a little social requirement from you.

Sz  :)
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    You shout in chat for groups, and hope something gets started. The dungeon queue is useless. That is not group-friendly. I'll certainly give it a go, but I'm a big believes of MMOs being group focused. I don't even know how to join Cyrodiil, and I don't have any friends that play the game.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    animation cancelling ...................../end
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    dreamer05 said:
    You shout in chat for groups, and hope something gets started. The dungeon queue is useless. That is not group-friendly. I'll certainly give it a go, but I'm a big believes of MMOs being group focused. I don't even know how to join Cyrodiil, and I don't have any friends that play the game.
    What do you say in "chat"? "Looking for group to ..."

Change what you say.

"I'm putting together a group for ...."

You should get more people believe it or not.

As far as joining Cyrodiil, hit "L".

There is also a "button" on top of the screen when you are in cursor mode, I think it looks like a rook from chess.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    I'm just not understanding this. What is not "group friendly" about the game? What is it that you want, for the game to just auto group you with other players in the same area, no need to ask, send/accept an invite? The game itself doesn't appear to be the issue, perhaps it's just your perception and the way you are going about wanting to group up.
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm only lvl 18, and I don't really see many groups forming for my level. Are most people maxed?

• ImpmonImpmon Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Nobody groups in ESO unless their playing with friends they know.  You'll never be able to do group dungeons unless you're playing with friends because the activity finder doesn't work at all.  At best you'll just do quests, delves and minor dungeons until 50.  Then you'll realize wow even at 50 theirs another grind to max out champion points now & get turned off because all they give you is redoing another factions content.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This game definitely benefits those that are proactive about things. Dungeons can be ran by anyone since the dungeon mob level scales to that of the leader, so it doesn't matter how high level the person is. Best bet is to join a couple of guilds and socialize. If you can't socialize, play wow or something since you can stay in orgrimmar/stormwind once you hit 15 and never have to leave till maybe 90 (wish I was joking but just did this on my monk healer this morning starting a couple of days ago).
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited July 2016
    SaunZ said:
     Yeah, you have to socialize and make the groups... but it is easy to create and join groups... or manually create groups (both are easy).
    Two kinds of people, those who form/start/lead groups, and those who "join" groups, with the latter being the  much larger type IMO. (and the one I'm part of)

Those who start groups, play tanks, rarely see an issue with grouping in any MMO, while those looking for a group to join have an entirely different outlook. 

Back when healers (or other support) were more relevant, many of the more passive players (including me) played them because it made getting into a group much easier without having to form them because the game design made our classes necessary for success,  the trick doesn't work quite so well these days.

Devs understand, people won't change, which is why we had the rise of the group finders, because again, people much prefer to join groups, (automatically, even better) than put themselves out socially and risk rejection and it's much easier to dump a group of asshats if you aren't socially invested in any way.

dreamer05 said:
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm only lvl 18, and I don't really see many groups forming for my level. Are most people maxed?
    Exhibit A, a person I'm betting has been looking to "join" groups and had little luck finding them and this is not unusual for most games.

As mentioned, the way around this sometimes can be joining a guild, sounds like ESO is a lot different then when I played (at launch) was definitely a solo experience back then, I had some good friends in the game with me at that time and we never found an opportunity to hook up outside of Cyrodil.

These days I'm far too cantankerous to either join a random pug or form one, so many socially undesirable players that until Dev's provide me with a tool to just one-shot folks for being jerks I'll have to stick to only interacting with guild mates who I can trust and rely on to remain civil (in most cases)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon