Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone please tell me Whats coming out in the next year? What MMO are you excited for and why?

AlpennAlpenn Member UncommonPosts: 30
So I am just wondering what MMO's i should be keeping an eye out for between now and the next year. I am so bored of all the current MMO's i cant find a game I like. Whats coming in the next year that you guys are excited for and i should keep an eye out for?

Tell me why that game is going to be good!!

Alpen

Comments

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Very little, there is almost nothing new coming out unless you count kickstarter low budget mmo titles.

The market moved on, go play overwatch if you don't like the mmorpg genre anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited July 2016
    Alpenn if you can't find a MMo you like there is only one option, take a break. I have done it before 3 to six months and my MMO batteries are recharged. Then find yourself a MMO but make sure you have a good guild to join, that makes a MMO ten times better,
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Nothing on my radar either...

I'm waiting for some studio to surprise everyone with a new announcement, rumour has it there's a few "secret projects" on the go... :D
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    The only mmo that I'm interested in trying would be Bless.

Otherwise it's Pantheon though I don't know what year that will release.

If Dragon's Dogma Online were to come here I would be "in".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• UruketoUruketo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Pantheon, Saga of Lucimia, Chronicles of Elyria are three of the MMO's I am looking forward to in the next year.

Uruketo, 70 Bard/Ninja/Warrior
    <Grievance> Free Company
    Final Fantasy XIV - Midgardsormr
    http://www.grievancegaming.com/

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    On a side note: There  have been a wealthy of amazing non-mmo games released this year and still more to come. perhaps step away from the genre for a bit and let the market mature.

Yeh .. when there are games like Deus Ex & Dishonored 2 coming out, i wouldn't bother with MMOs. 
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Bless Online  (Been playing for about 7 months)
    -Group focused
    -Open world
    -Harder content than most in the genre
    -Amazing graphics
    -Taming that matters ( I'm looking at you Riders of Icarus)
    -Best dungeons I have played in a long long time

All my opinion of course and based off of the Korean version. Not sure what will change in the NA/EU release
    This one and Revelation Online have my attention.  I hope to run with you in Bless when it releases here!

Besides that, I am very interesting in Camelot Online, Chronicles of Elyria and eventually Pantheon and City of Titans.  But for now I am still having fun playing Elder Scrolls Online.

I would, however, throw all of this away in a second if City of Heroes was brought back or (better yet) a remastered version of COH was released...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• AlpennAlpenn Member UncommonPosts: 30
    GladDog said:
    -Group focused
    -Open world
    -Amazing graphics

All my opinion of course and based off of the Korean version. Not sure what will change in the NA/EU release
    This one and Revelation Online have my attention.  I hope to run with you in Bless when it releases here!

Besides that, I am very interesting in Camelot Online, Chronicles of Elyria and eventually Pantheon and City of Titans.  But for now I am still having fun playing Elder Scrolls Online.

I would, however, throw all of this away in a second if City of Heroes was brought back or (better yet) a remastered version of COH was released...
    and when is Bless online due to come out in EU and Revelation Online?
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited July 2016
    Bless is no different than stuff you can play right now, it's basically Tera (without action combat) crossed with ffxiv (with xivs horrible combat).

At least it has actual cool looking cat guys I guess, unlike the feminine mess of male miqote

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Closest release in Lineage - Eternal. Not much hope on it but Pantheon, Sgards and Camelot unchained seems to have some potential, not sure when any of those 3 games releases though.

Next game I am looking forward to is Pantheon.
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Camelot Unchained whenever that releases.
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    edited July 2016

Crowfall, and eq2 x pac, hell CU and Legion as well.

Newer games blow chunks I know, so these 2 oldies and 2 newbies are all I can see being decent.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Ya. I play DAOC still, if theres anything to be 1/10th as good I ll be happy as hell.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Alpenn said:
    GladDog said:
    -Group focused
    -Open world
    -Amazing graphics

and when is Bless online due to come out in EU and Revelation Online?
    Bless for NA/EU is supposed to go to beta in January, but take that date with a grain of salt.  Revelation does not have a date, but I would guess mid 2017.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Where's the big list of upcoming 2017 MMORPGS?

Greatest era of PC gaming indeed. ;]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    The newbs, carebears and casuals want PvE focused MMO's with mobs performing the same mechanics, that they can easily learn step by step.

The rest want MMO's where the focus is the players not the mobs. OP, on this site if you've been follow this community you can easily tell by now who belongs in which category. You will also learn they always recommend their game regardless how good that may be for you, in fact many are very biased and uninformed. Finally, you got those who promote these games because they are somehow involved.

From my experience great way to see if a game has high potential, launched successfully on a high quality is to look at the budget it was used for it on development. You'll be surprised how few actually disclose this very important information and more importantly to see specifics on what this budget was used, on things like marketing or actual development.

Star Citizen by the looks of it will have 125 mil budget before its release end of 2016 and its the only MMO by far compared to the many indie, low budget, MMO's that this market is flooded with. Star Citizen will make me feel important at least that's the plan of it with its bounty system in place.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    edited July 2016
    Kyleran said:

Why do we need a 2017 mmorpg list?

It is the greatest era of PC gaming, not the greatest era of mmorpgs. 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I'm kind of interested in Albion Online for some mindless PvE and PvP fun...

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Kyleran said:

Why do we need a 2017 mmorpg list?

It is the greatest era of PC gaming, not the greatest era of mmorpgs. 
    Yeah I'm sure MMORPG.com would be a fantastic place if there was no 2017 MMORPG list.

With comments like this I would ask why your even on MMORPG.com but I already know it's for forum pvp. (AKA trolling)

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Waiting for Revelation Online and Bless Online.