Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Online: Features and Info

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited July 2016 in Revelation Online

Revelation | First Impressions & Review

Revelation | Which Class To Play?

Revelation | Dungeons Explained

Revelation | Guilds & PvP Explained

Revelation | What Is Dragon's Abyss?

Revelation | Free To Play! Marriage System, Guild Alliances & More

Revelation | Skill Translations, Gunslinger Mech & Exclusive Content soon!!

Revelation | Crafting Gear, Mounts, Wings & Life Skills

Post edited by Mikeha on

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited July 2016
    Open Seamless World, Open World PVP, Trinity Combat , Battlegrounds, Castle Sieges, Open Character Building, Guild Alliances and more. 

It is like a mix of Aion / Blade And Soul.

All the features I am want in a mmo.

Revelation Online looks awesome.  =)
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Looks very interesting! I sure would like to give it a spin :)
    Thanks for sharing!
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Any timetable on when it goes belly-up?

I'm sorry - you can call me jaded, because I am, but I've just been burned too many times on these Asian MMOs (aside from FFXIV, but that's really a different beast entirely). If it's not horribly grindy, then I'm being nailed by hackers, crippled by P2W stores, or undercut by poor translation/buggy mechanics/hopelessly cluttered interfaces. 

I'm not prepared to just automatically write RO off, but I'm not going be there at the start, either - it tends to take about 6 weeks for the shine to come off these things and for people to realize they're a less-than-stellar experience. 
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    This game imo needs more classes, especially ones that can take advantage of the stat distrabution and fit multiple roles. So far everything besides the necro is really just built for one specific role and they are all the very basic ones. At the very least give more than 1 of the tank and main heals.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    edited July 2016
    DMKano said:
    I think many are turned off by Chinese games in the west - this is probably the best looking Chinese made game yet.

But it's not doing anything for me so far - the world the classes - it's all a rehash of korean games.

Even Steparu says in his review ".. crazy amount of content ripped off or inspired from other games" 

Or how about the fact that I'm unwilling to give a government that frequently stages digital attacks on our country my credit card # (let alone money)? Yes, yes - we all buy things from China via Walmart or what-have-you, but I'm not happy about that, either, and this certainly seems like taking things a step further.

And no, I'm not singling out the Chinese - part of the reason I stopped playing WoWs was their open hostility towards western gamers, bias against western navies (which is a complete joke, since the Soviet "navy" in WWII was a veritable shambles), and the simple fact that I didn't trust them with my information. 
    edited July 2016
    Koboli said:
    Any timetable on when it goes belly-up?

What games have gone belly up?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Well this has me feeling some hope. Will be consuming any info I can on this game over the next week. Thanks for the heads up :) 
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Koboli said:
    DMKano said:
    I think many are turned off by Chinese games in the west - this is probably the best looking Chinese made game yet.

But it's not doing anything for me so far - the world the classes - it's all a rehash of korean games.

Even Steparu says in his review ".. crazy amount of content ripped off or inspired from other games" 

Or how about the fact that I'm unwilling to give a government that frequently stages digital attacks on our country my credit card # (let alone money)? Yes, yes - we all buy things from China via Walmart or what-have-you, but I'm not happy about that, either, and this certainly seems like taking things a step further.

And no, I'm not singling out the Chinese - part of the reason I stopped playing WoWs was their open hostility towards western gamers, bias against western navies (which is a complete joke, since the Soviet "navy" in WWII was a veritable shambles), and the simple fact that I didn't trust them with my information. 
    Well considering that if you play the chinese version it's free and you don't have to pay anything or give payment details...

and the western version any billing will be handled by my.com... you won't directly be dealing with chinese or letting them have any of your information anyway. Honestly no one is telling you play the game... if you don't wanna play it or have some tin foil hat on against the chinese.. just pass
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

The game seems really fun and I am looking forward to getting my hands on it. I like the feature set
    I've played the Chinese version, but as i don't speak Chinese and the "English patch" is super rough i find it hard to really get immersed, from what i did play i had an enjoyable experience, i was playing the gunner class, which is something i've always been drawn too in MMO's maybe because so many of them are very high fantasy and it's not often you get to be a dual pistol wielding badass.

I very much am looking forward to the western release though and hope i get a beta key soon and i'm honestly not even bothere with My.com publishing, they did a pretty good job with skyforge.. free to play with optional sub.. so i assume they will go the same route with this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    I'm being trying to find a new fantasy MMO lately and this looks kinda interesting, but also super Korean generic (even more than Chinese generic) at the same time.

Oh, I'll try to keep an eye on it.

azarhal said:
    I'm being trying to find a new fantasy MMO lately and this looks kinda interesting, but also super Korean generic (even more than Chinese generic) at the same time.

i wouldn't say it's super korean feeling like archage or BDO.. they have a very distinctive sort of feel to them...

this is more like the team saw what NCSoft East did with blade and soul & Aion, then took influences and feature sets from a couple of other games and said... well we like all these games but none of them have everything wrapped into one package so lets do it, it feels pretty Asian but not Korean if that makes sense... more of a heavily Chinese / Japanese influenced vibe to it. One thing i will say is it's gonna be worth keeping an eye out for regardless, it's just a pretty fun game.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    you know, it looks cool up until the points it "doesn't look cool". Angelic form for Necro class? having the summoner summon dolphins from the ground to splash down?

And some of those turrets seem so out of place.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited July 2016
    DMKano said:
    mbrodie said:
    azarhal said:

i wouldn't say it's super korean feeling like archage or BDO.. they have a very distinctive sort of feel to them...

this is more like the team saw what NCSoft East did with blade and soul & Aion, then took influences and feature sets from a couple of other games and said... well we like all these games but none of them have everything wrapped into one package so lets do it, it feels pretty Asian but not Korean if that makes sense... more of a heavily Chinese / Japanese influenced vibe to it. One thing i will say is it's gonna be worth keeping an eye out for regardless, it's just a pretty fun game.

To me  neither AA nor BDO are "super korean feeling".

and i guess thats where opinions differ... my point is revelations doesn't have that feel too it, it feels more anime i guess you could say.
    mbrodie said:
    DMKano said:
    mbrodie said:
    azarhal said:

To me  neither AA nor BDO are "super korean feeling".
    and i guess thats where opinions differ... my point is revelations doesn't have that feel too it, it feels more anime i guess you could say.
    I agree with DMKano, AA and BDO don't really generate a "Korean feeling" when you look at them. They are quite western in look to me actually.

When I said that I was talking about the old (and semi-old) stuff like Silkroad Online, Lineage 2, Tera, Aion, etc. I played Silkroad Online over 10 years ago.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Sigh looks just like any of a dozen other games.  
    psiic said:
    Sigh looks just like any of a dozen other games.  

Yep, but it's the only one with a mount that can transport 50 players...

edited July 2016
    Updated with new videos about the Gunslinger and Crafting.  =)