Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky News - Gold Status Achieved - Are You Ready for Release?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Read the full story here

Hello Games' Twitter was updated a short time ago with a "groupie" of the development team behind No Man's Sky. According to the Twitter post, NMS has now officially gone gold and is speeding to release on August 9th. Originally set to be released at the end of June, the six week delay was announced in May.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Awesome so excited just wish it was coming sooner
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm sure Hello Games is an equal opportunity employer, they probably just never had any female applicants for vacancies...

At least it looks like there's ONE female in that "groupie", lol
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

I'm sure Hello Games is an equal opportunity employer, they probably just never had any female applicants for vacancies...

I would rather have people that know what they are doing than hire stupid people to be "politically correct"

Mystery Bounty

• OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47

Just because they present as male doesn't mean they all identify as males. Its 2016. The rules have changed.
  • CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited July 2016

The studio is based out of Guildford, Surrey, which is one of the whiter parts of greater London (like over 90% white). And as someone who is involved in hiring for tech jobs in the U.S., we post our job offers publicly and 95% of applicants are male (this is over the course of 2 years). Currently there are no female applicants. Again, we advertise openings PUBLICLY, both men and women have equal opportunity to find our job listings, yet the vast majority of applicants are male. If you want to see more women in tech, then women have to more frequently apply for tech jobs. 15% of our office is currently female, which means they are over-represented when compared to 5% applicants being female.

If the UK tech environment is at all like the U.S. environment, I doubt Hello Studio is "Keeping the women out".
  • Messiah78Messiah78 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    6 clones - 6 beards.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Even the woman looks like "one of the guys."

• OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Back on topic. Looking forward to the game. Grats on GOLD to the team!
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Was ready YEARS AGO to play this. Pre-purchased the day it became available on Steam. Standing by for release....

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    I've been clicking on the title in my steam library daily.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Im so excited!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443

Probably because women don't generally want jobs in gaming apart from community manager, cosplayer, and what passes for journalism these days. Once in awhile you can find one that does art design, but actual coding and game design, not so much. Diversity is just a code word for the political correctness crowd to try to shame companies into hiring people who are not qualified for a position. Hiring people based on anything other than performance or qualifications is just shit stupid. Likewise, not hiring someone because of something like race or gender is equally idiotic. Anyone in business knows this, but most SJW's know nothing about running a business or even working for one in most cases. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what this games really has to offer but I'm not buying it until I see what content is actually available. The concept is interesting and all, but I'm not sure how many hours of being a galactic librarian I would find enjoyable. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    OnisDE said:
    Just because they present as male doesn't mean they all identify as males. Its 2016. The rules have changed.
    No it hasnt, it still looks the same to me

Leviticus 20:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

That's pretty much every studio photo.  CoE has the most diverse staff I've ever seen.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited July 2016
    No idea what "gold status" is or why anyone would care about some celebration for a game that hasn't even launched yet.

Launch the game, then we can celebrate. Otherwise, its just hype.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Dullahan said:
    No idea what "gold status" is or why anyone would care about some celebration for a game that hasn't even launched yet.

Launch the game, then we can celebrate.
    Gold Status means they are finally finished with the game and it's ready for launch.

They are excited, what can one say.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    OnisDE said:
    No it hasnt, it still looks the same to me

Leviticus 20:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Well if you're going to get picky... there was also something about judging not...
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_actions_prohibited_by_the_Bible

Old Testament

A few of these crimes demand that the "sinners" be burned to death rather than stoned to death, the more usual form of capital punishment. 

Consuming blood (Genesis 9:4Leviticus 17:10).[13]

Eating a cheeseburger or anything that mixes meat and dairy (Exodus 23:19).

Sacrificing anything with yeast or honey (Leviticus 2:11).
    Eating leavened bread (bread with yeast) during the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Exodus 12:15).

Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17).

Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7–8).

Waiting too long before consuming sacrifices (Leviticus 19:5–8).

Eating aquatic creatures lacking fins or scales (Deuteronomy 14:9–10).

Eating any meat not killed according to the Kosher practice (Deuteronomy 12:21).

Eating peace offerings while ritually unclean (Leviticus 7:20).

Violent and legal crimes

Murdering a slave (Exodus 21:26–27).[19]

Kidnapping and selling a man (Exodus 21:16).

Perjuring yourself (in certain cases) (Deuteronomy 19:15–21).[20]

Ignoring the judgment of a judge or a priest (Deuteronomy 17:8–13).

Not constraining a known dangerous bull, if the bull subsequently kills a man or a woman (Exodus 21:29).[21]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This thread certainly took an unexpected turn now didn't it?
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    SBFord said:

Read the full story here

Hello Games' Twitter was updated a short time ago with a "groupie" of the development team behind No Man's Sky. According to the Twitter post, NMS has now officially gone gold and is speeding to release on August 9th. Originally set to be released at the end of June, the six week delay was announced in May.

Some people don't know what "gone gold" actually means. As I recall it being told to me it means that the master disc copy of the game and been set/recorded. From that disk, any actual physical disks AND/OR digital copies will be made. It is significant because it means that the game is finished and is now in the official pipeline towards launch. This almost always takes place approximately one month prior to actual release.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

Daikuru said:

Im so excited!

I object, white males are under represented in this group and (add some silly religion thing).

Looking forward to NMS rather a lot.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I'm looking forward to playing this for a few hours. I'll have experienced 90% of the content in a few days - much like I did with Elite.

I'm not exactly excited by the prospect, but I'm definitely curious to see what it has to offer.
  • Oije64Oije64 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I am looking forward ....
  • giberelinagiberelina Member UncommonPosts: 59
    This game is so overhyped.