Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need a good ol pirate game

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
Sure we have black flag, really good game but it is a Assassin Creed game so you have to do alot crap, colect items yadda yadda yadda.
We have old games such as Pirates from Sid and we have sea dogs 1 and 2 and prolly other games i forgot.

Would be really nice to have a real pirate game a mix with black sails and sea dogs, no stupid collection missions just plain pirateing in a open world, were you do what you like, build a base, recruit captains, or if you dont enjoy being a pirate go trading or start your own settlement and do trade/pirate, build factories.

Yes I have heard of sea of theives, but the info of that game is slim to nothing.

Please for the love of god give me a open world pirate game.

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Pirates of the Burning Seas is still going or you could check out the latest one Naval Action.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Isn't Microsoft hyping some sailing game? I seem to recall a video about is roughly a month ago.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Upcoming Sea of Thieves looks pretty good.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Flem said:
    Upcoming Sea of Thieves looks pretty good.
    Isn't that a VR game?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    here gameplay -

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Well, if you are interested in something more fantasy-based than historically, there's a Warhammer pirate game.  But, note that it's still in early access; it's not completed.
    It's based on Warhammer fantasy, so there are orcs and sea monsters, etc.  Still, it's open-world pirating where you can build your own fleet, trade, etc.

Personal disclaimer:  I haven't played it, so I can't give a recommendation.

Main site: http://manowarcorsair.com/

You can apparently purchase the early version at either GOG or Steam, if it is of interest.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Yeah, but Sea of Thieves is going to require Windows 10, isn't it? Bleh to that.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
     "Pirates!" was a great game, played it a lot on C-64 and some on Amiga... And I would go for a good remake (but not something like they did to "Syndicate").

Something similar you could lan would be even better. And I agree, it was a long time since I played a fun pirate game.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I keep almost buying Sea Dogs: To Each His Own.  I loved the earlier games but the controls etc are so wonky.  The MS game looks fun.  There is certainly a lack of pirate games.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Maurgrim said:
    Sure we have black flag, really good game but it is a Assassin Creed game so you have to do alot crap, colect items yadda yadda yadda.
    We have old games such as Pirates from Sid and we have sea dogs 1 and 2 and prolly other games i forgot.

Would be really nice to have a real pirate game a mix with black sails and sea dogs, no stupid collection missions just plain pirateing in a open world, were you do what you like, build a base, recruit captains, or if you dont enjoy being a pirate go trading or start your own settlement and do trade/pirate, build factories.

Yes I have heard of sea of theives, but the info of that game is slim to nothing.

Please for the love of god give me a open world pirate game.
    Rockstar Games should make Grand Theft Pirate.

Great idea!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Lokero said:
    Well, if you are interested in something more fantasy-based than historically, there's a Warhammer pirate game.  But, note that it's still in early access; it's not completed.
    It's based on Warhammer fantasy, so there are orcs and sea monsters, etc.  Still, it's open-world pirating where you can build your own fleet, trade, etc.

Personal disclaimer:  I haven't played it, so I can't give a recommendation.

Main site: http://manowarcorsair.com/

You can apparently purchase the early version at either GOG or Steam, if it is of interest.
    I'll vouch for this one. As far as the ship combat, it is basically the same as Black Flag. There are boarding actions, now with firearms and melee. There are missions to run things from port to port or seek and destroy certain captains. There is a basic economy with ports having different supply, demand, and pricing. Sea monsters randomly appear. There are multiple factions you can juggle rep with. Campaign and skirmish modes eventually. And all in the Warhammer Old World setting. 

As far as longevity, there are rumblings of MP. I have fun with it as it is with SP only, but there is definitely a bit of optimization to be done.

Other than that, Naval Action is nice. It gets tedious at times due to pacing, but it is quite in depth.

Tempest is another early access title that is shaping up nicely and is already a good game. I would recommend it as well as Man O'War. Cheap too.

Blood and Gold: Caribbean! is another if you ever wanted to play Sid Meier's Pirates in the Mount and Blade engine with some added bugs. You don't.

I would also suggest http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons but only if you have a legitimate copy of the notoriously difficult to find Pirates of the Caribbean game from 2003. It was originally Sea Dogs II, but marketing.

I'm a bit of a pirate game nut. Also a bit of old world Warhammer nut, so MOW is my bag. I would likely suggest Tempest at this time though if I had to pick one. Unless you are big on Warhammer as well

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    I would like to have Black flag graphics, open world kinda like EVE, production and trade, clans can start settlements, clans can go to war, trading are dynamic, exploration are important, It's a huge world, dont wanna sail a ship, no problem, start a tavern or a plantation or even a shipyard, sell goods make food sell buffs.
    So much fun to be had if we could have a realistic age of sail MMO with TODAYS graphic.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Maurgrim said:
    " just plain pirateing in a open world, were you do what you like, "

I think (hope) that Sea Of Thieves will give us this feeling !!
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited July 2016
    I want a pirate game like Skyrim, but pirate themed

A fantasy pirate themed game! Where you ride on ships and fight dragons or whatever. And you'd have mage(s) on board your ship (kinda like in the Witcher 2 opening cinematic, while not pirate themed, that cinematic was epic)

Or sci-fi would be cool. A sci-fi pirate game like Skyrim, but futuristic

Singleplayer, huge open world, tons of quests, good crafting, get a bunch of resources, put in trade routes, put in settlement building like fallout 4 (but nothing else from Fallout 4 that game sucked). And its not 100% on the sea, you can go to islands and explore and kill stuff, murder innocents or whatever pirates do on islands. Set up a base on an island, and raid cities or pillage the local sea or whatever.

AND! make it a super ultra moddable pirate game (like Bethesda moddable). 

Now that I'd buy. But I'd likely buy a game like that no matter what the theme was :P

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul