Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Much Research on Star Citizen, My Informed Opinion and Outlook for the Future

Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
Just gonna' wait and see.

Comments

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Not that you, myself and backers have much of a choice, it's all a waiting game now.
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    I backed the game because I hope they can make it, I hope they can make the game they talk / dream about  and it is worth backing in an effort to get something that resembles those ideas, not as a guarantee but as a 'here you go, here is my 35$ now go..fly....please try to make that game!'. If they do make it, it will feel pretty great knowing I helped those ideas become a reality, in fact, it already feels great they got this far regardless of the outcome.

I have spent more on other games that have given me far less return / enjoyment than SC has already delivered....so that's good I guess. All the negativity I see on this forum from the same posters over and over again on this site is really mind boggling.
    :)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    That's the same as my opinion regarding World of Warcraft 3.

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Vrika said:
    Vrika, your Tardis has a fouled up navigation system again, it's only 2016 and they still only have the first World of Warcraft. ;) 

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Oriphus said:

I have spent more on other games that have given me far less return / enjoyment than SC has already delivered.... 
    And that's really all that matters. 

I have no idea what the future holds. If the PU is as rich as they are claiming I will certainly play it. If the game doesn't go gold for whatever reason, I am out nothing. 

But I believe something is being worked on. Will it be what everyone wants? Of course not. Will it even be a "good" game? That's subjective by its very nature. 

I will make a very speculative prophesy that SC will be released in Q2, 2018. Till that date or whenever it does launch I'll keep playing the games I enjoy and keep an eye on it.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    I suspect it will be about 66% of what was stated on launch and I am fine with that. As long as it is a fun game I really dont care about the stretch goals and promises honestly.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    barasawa said:
    Vrika said:
    Vrika, your Tardis has a fouled up navigation system again, it's only 2016 and they still only have the first World of Warcraft. ;) 
    Which game will be released earlier, SC or WoW 3? :)
    Half-life 3. You heard  it here first! B)

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Smart money waits on this, til there's something released to check out.   Right now they are selling fantasy, and fantasies are always perfect.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    There's nothing to convince me that the game will ever be anything even remotely similar to what was promised. Perhaps they can create something awesome; perhaps the product will be passable, but in no way resembling what people paid for. Then again, maybe it will just wind up being vaporware afterall.

If I don't get involved, then I'm not disappointed, regardless of the result. 
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Xeno.phon said:
    I suspect it will be about 66% of what was stated on launch and I am fine with that. As long as it is a fun game I really dont care about the stretch goals and promises honestly.
    That's the beauty of an MMO too, those things can be added as the game goes a long.

Which sounds better: a game that releases with all promises, but no new content updates for a long while due to having no progress done, or a game that launches at 66% that has regular content updates trickling out?

I'll take the latter personally, I have a tendency to get gamer ADD.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Next year around this time....  You will be saying the same thing OP.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Balmong said:
    Xeno.phon said:
    That's the beauty of an MMO too, those things can be added as the game goes a long.

Which sounds better: a game that releases with all promises, but no new content updates for a long while due to having no progress done, or a game that launches at 66% that has regular content updates trickling out?

But if that's the case, Elite: Dangerous seems the much better investment from an outsider's  perspective.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    good one, i just hope it comes out within the next year, but the risk is it will suck if it comes out before it ready.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited June 2016
    After Much Research on Star Citizen my informed opinion is that as soon as the usual suspects current accounts get banned, the number of new posts on the Star Citizen sub-forum here slows to a crawl :)
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Balmong said:
    Xeno.phon said:

But if that's the case, Elite: Dangerous seems the much better investment from an outsider's  perspective.
    Sorry for the delayed response, been out away from the internet for a bit.

It's funny you mention E:D, because they did the exact same thing. When it first launched, it was most definitely an MVP, there was a core game but not much frill. Today E:D is entering some exciting territory using the exact same premise CIG wants to use.

So you could honestly use E:D as a case study for how SC could plan it out.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    My informed opinion as of this past week is to NOT express my informed opinion on Star Citizen at MMORPG.com.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Except what he the team has done so far is amateur hour,so why even wait or follow the game anymore,the leader has proven to me to be incompetent.
    If i was the sole investor and saw what he has done with my money,i would fire him instantly and get some new person to take it over.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.