Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gold Edition Announced, Contains All Four DLCESO Elder Scrolls Online News - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGold Edition Announced, Contains All Four DLCESO Elder Scrolls Online News - MMORPG.com

Bethesda has announced that a Gold Edition of Elder Scrolls Online will be released on September 9th. The new edition of the game will contain all four DLC, Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as well as a palomino horse.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited July 2016
    good for them! & new players

i have all DLC and a member!- this is great for anyone starting ESO now. great mmo.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    I played for about an hour, and am not convinced I will do so again.

In other news, why do all the elves in ESO have spooky alien eyes, but the promo art depicts them as beautiful women with pointy ears?
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Great news!!! Sweet!
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    In other news, why do all the elves in ESO have spooky alien eyes, but the promo art depicts them as beautiful women with pointy ears?
    TES elves were always alien looking and described as such since the first game Arena, the people doing the promo art for ESO don't seems to have researched their stuff much...
  • MareliusMarelius Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I can just imagine what the price will be. If we look a dlc's being 40 for each one, that is $120.00 so add 50 because you aren't getting the Imperial horse which would be at the least $70.00 so final cost could be around $170.00. Then you still will need to sub for $15 a month if you want crafting bag. So final cost if you want crafting bag will be $185.00 before you make first character. 

Lot of people that like pvp may not like the price with all the lag bugs and cheats still in game. 
    Sometimes it's not always about what you can see or hear but what's under the hood of a game that's most impressive. Between those thousands and thousands of lines of code, magic happens. Sometimes the most amazing feats of gaming wizardry happen without you even noticing.

Rob Manuel

• PetrillowPetrillow Member UncommonPosts: 3

Marelius said:

I can just imagine what the price will be. If we look a dlc's being 40 for each one, that is $120.00 so add 50 because you aren't getting the Imperial horse which would be at the least $70.00 so final cost could be around $170.00. Then you still will need to sub for $15 a month if you want crafting bag. So final cost if you want crafting bag will be $185.00 before you make first character. 

Lot of people that like pvp may not like the price with all the lag bugs and cheats still in game. 

The most expensive DLC is 20,99 EUR and the base game is 39,99 EUR. BrokeBack
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited July 2016

Marelius said:

I highly doubt they will charge that much. There wouldn't be hardly any incentive to buy it if they charged full face value for all of the dlc + core game. On that note I'm wondering if they are ever going to offer a dlc bundle deal or if they already did that.
    Post edited by rodingo on

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    must get horse!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2016
    Koboli said:

It's the mods.......oh wait, wrong game.

Seriously, though, I don't know what it is...I look at this game, how it plays and what it has to offer and it looks like I should love it. But I don't. I love theory crafting. This game has it. I love crafting and making my own gear, especially to level with. This game has that. I love options, especially with how to build a character, this game has that too.

Can't put my finger on it. I'm just not drawn in by ESO. I don't like the UI, but it's not the 1st game I played where I didn't like it but still enjoyed it. Something just feels "off" with ESO.

Maybe it is the eyes of  the mer.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Koboli said:

I played in the beta and was not impressed at all, plus using the mouse bothered my hand. I came back for a free trial they had switched to using my xbox controller rolled a sorc and ended up buying the game so give it another try maybe the class you rolled was not fun for you I know I'm glad i gave it a second chance.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Now to comment on the news I just bought my wife the imp addition for 39.99. I hope they offer a dlc bundle also for people who have the game already.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So they're saying if people want all the DLC's without subbing, then let them buy the whole game. Typical Zeni.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited July 2016
    Koboli said:

Seriously, though, I don't know what it is...I look at this game, how it plays and what it has to offer and it looks like I should love it. But I don't. I love theory crafting. This game has it. I love crafting and making my own gear, especially to level with. This game has that. I love options, especially with how to build a character, this game has that too.

Can't put my finger on it. I'm just not drawn in by ESO. I don't like the UI, but it's not the 1st game I played where I didn't like it but still enjoyed it. Something just feels "off" with ESO.

Well, think about it, you have double the hours in skyrim that I have and I have about 1,300+

I imagine you might have the same in Oblivion and Morrowind? No matter what people say, the game play in Elder Scrolls online is different from the single player games.

I can play through a quest or two in ESO but then I have to log out. Exploration doesn't yield the same results or I should say the same types of experiences as the single player games.

I then log into the single player games and spend hours.

Elder Scrolls online is more quest centric and finding mines or tombs is essentially a jog in a circle and then you are out. So essentially the game play in ESO is doesn't compel one in the same way that the single player games do. This is not to say that players don't find game play in ESO "compelling" but since it's different it's not going to deliver the same as the single player games. Regardless of the multiplayer aspect.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    edited July 2016
    Might get the gold edition when I drop sub so I can keep the DLC.

Not actually playing it right now either, just paying. :\

One of those things with as much as they tried to do, it's still a static game world and you're still doing the same thing as other MMOs treadmilling quests through zones and running repeatable content like dungeons for loot.

I'm kinda just on and off playing it at this point to get through the quest stories and then I don't think there will be much left to enjoy...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Koboli said:

Well, think about it, you have double the hours in skyrim that I have and I have about 1,300+

I imagine you might have the same in Oblivion and Morrowind? No matter what people say, the game play in Elder Scrolls online is different from the single player games.

I can play through a quest or two in ESO but then I have to log out. Exploration doesn't yield the same results or I should say the same types of experiences as the single player games.

Elder Scrolls online is more quest centric and finding mines or tombs is essentially a jog in a circle and then you are out. So essentially the game play in ESO is doesn't compel one in the same way that the single player games do. This is not to say that players don't find game play in ESO "compelling" but since it's different it's not going to deliver the same as the single player games. Regardless of the multiplayer aspect.

While it explains the differences within the ES franchise, I still wonder why I am drawn by a number of other MMORPGs yet not this one. I have spend a large number of hours in WOW, SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2 not to mention going back to yesteryear with City of Heroes, SWG and Anarchy Online. I've enjoyed all of those games at one time or another, Currently I'm having fun in XIV.  Ironically, with SWTOR's new expansion and the heavy focus on single player content, I didn't find myself drawn into that either. Although, it may be as you said. It's still quest driven.

EDIT:
    Your comment about hours in Skyrim, prompted me to see how many I've logged. I think I have a problem. Is there such a thing as Skyrim addiction? 
    edited July 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Koboli said:

While it explains the differences within the ES franchise, I still wonder why I am drawn by a number of other MMORPGs yet not this one. I have spend a large number of hours in WOW, SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2 not to mention going back to yesteryear with City of Heroes, SWG and Anarchy Online. I've enjoyed all of those games at one time or another, Currently I'm having fun in XIV.  Ironically, with SWTOR's new expansion and the heavy focus on single player content, I didn't find myself drawn into that either. Although, it may be as you said. It's still quest driven.

EDIT:
    Your comment about hours in Skyrim, prompted me to see how many I've logged. I think I have a problem. Is there such a thing as Skyrim addiction? 
    Maybe it is because of how the quests present themselves as they are VERY storied and require you to give a bit. For instance, the SWToR quests, as far as I can remember are voiced and have the npc's moving around but once you are done with the npc it's like any other quest based mmo.

Elder Scrolls online will have you going here, moving this lever, taking samples, doing all sorts of things, following npc's, etc. Since it's all very scripted it feels like less freedom?. It's hard to describe what I'm talking about but I logged into Elder Scrolls Online last night and then logged out as I decided I just didn't have the energy for those quests at that hour of the night. I then went to Dragon's Dogma instead.

As a side note, I have 1,311 hours in skyrim but just realized I have almost the same amount in the creation kit with 1,144.

edit: I think the long hours in skyrim is a testament to how much a "world" it presents and how one can lose oneself in the game with different characters.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    So does this mean non sub members will get the crafting bag that is ESSENTIAL to play the game properly? Or will you still have to sub to use that?

This reason alone is why I don't play/support the game. They've made loads of improvements since launch and I just played recently but that put a big damper on my gameplay.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I hope they are lowering prices for their current audience too. Because if they sell at the current rate that gold box is going to be 150-180 bucks (CAD). If they sell it for say 70, great. But do current players get that kind of discount? 
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    VitaminK said:
    So does this mean non sub members will get the crafting bag that is ESSENTIAL to play the game properly? Or will you still have to sub to use that?

This reason alone is why I don't play/support the game. They've made loads of improvements since launch and I just played recently but that put a big damper on my gameplay.
    It is not essential at all. Thats a huge stretch. But god damn would it help. This is from someone who is nearly maxed out. I am maxed out in Enchantment, Blacksmithing and one other that I can't think of at the moment. Never had the crafting bag.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited July 2016
    Is there such a thing as Skyrim addiction? 
    Yes. Welcome to the club.

As for the whole discussion about not being able to stick with ESO. I am in the same boat. There is actually a lots of things I like about it, but I can't play it for long. I have the same issue with it that I have with quite a few games I played in the last 2 years (including single players):

- most quests and dungeons contains <5 minutes of doing something once you remove all the scripted stuff.
     - exploration is boring (this is hard to explain, but walking in a direction at random in Skyrim is a lot more fun than doing it in ESO).
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    VitaminK said:

yet people played without that bag for two years? no it isn't essential, it's a quality of life addition that is nice to have.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Koboli said:
    You never played Skyrim did you? As weird looking as elves are in ESO, they're down right pretty compared to the butt-ugly ones with huge heads in other TES games. No Galadriel, Arwen or Legolas here.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Not sure where the idea of $185 comes from.........it's actually $59.99 on all platforms.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Koboli said:

It's not just ESO....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    Koboli said:

It's not just ESO....

I'll be honest, I really like the Alien eyes.

Oh well