Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Dislike The Most?

Comments

• GreenBeanDemonGreenBeanDemon Member UncommonPosts: 11
    The some of cash shop dyes being sold for in game currency. Waay too many game affecting items behind paywalls, with no in game functions to achieve the same result. These sorts of things make it smell like fish and taste like chicken.. and .. Zzzzzzz ZZzzzz.....

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Well, thats what i call a nice and constructive thread/discussion. Are your click numbers really that low mmorpg, that you have to start such b...sh..?

Hodor!

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I hate all the stupid AFK'ing in this game. Because it requires so much damn grind, that you actually NEED to afk. It's got nothing to do with online. Besides that I'd call it "Horse Training Online".

Games with lots of grind allows for cash shops to be that much more useful.

And im IP blocked. Havent tried the game yet.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• StevonStevon Member UncommonPosts: 221
    The fact that they have so many systems that hide mechanics/numbers in order to help drive cash shop sales. Overall it's as bad as Archeage with the only difference being that they found better ways to hide their gimicks. They refuse to provide percentages on any items that you buy that are supposed to improve your odds... then later we come to find out that some items never worked or that they don't work in the way the game describes in the ui (horse skill resets anyone?)

Overall the game is a huge cash grab with hidden mechanics and not so hidden (want to avoid exp loss buy pearl shop potions).

Welcome to Archeage 2.0.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Being a slower paced gamer, I dislike the combat the most. Enough so that I stopped playing the game after the first hour of beta.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    The action combat combined with a huge grind. Grind doesn't bother me, but I can't do it combined with action comabt.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Can your writers do one of these hate threads for other mmos as well? It could be a series: "WoW- What do you dislike the most", "FF14ARR- What do you dislike the most", "GW2- What do you dislike the most" etc. Maybe you could call it "The Hate Files" or something.

Because like the OP says it is healthy and productive for the genre for this site to write feature articles detailing the things the writer dislikes about a game and asking everyone in the community to also post about the things they dislike most about a game. Surely the kind of balanced debate that will spring from such threads will propel the genre to new heights.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    YashaX said:
    Can your writers do one of these hate threads for other mmos as well? It could be a series: "WoW- What do you dislike the most", "FF14ARR- What do you dislike the most", "GW2- What do you dislike the most" etc. Maybe you could call it "The Hate Files" or something.

Because like the OP says it is healthy and productive for the genre for this site to write feature articles detailing the things the writer dislikes about a game and asking everyone in the community to also post about the things they dislike most about a game. Surely the kind of balanced debate that will spring from such threads will propel the genre to new heights.
    I suspect the next installment will be "what do you like".

Just wait for it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    For what it's worth, I moved BDO over to my SSD drive and Pop-in went away, completely. I can only assume then that they're using some sort of Just-In-Time hard drive texture swapping... whatever, that's my observations. Faster drive fixes Pop-ins.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

I don't hate anything about the game. Everything that annoys me has a reason for it to be there.

-No trading= no (actual) goldsellers, limited damage from hackers/exploiters

-Silver weighing me down= immersion

-Pop in= Best looking MMO ever. Every MMO has a limited range. If you play Archeage, you can notice a visible circle where the environment things like grass will load in. That to me is worse than the pop-in that happens in BDO.

-Expensive Cash shop= B2P with no sub and currently no p2w.

Probably the biggest problem with no upsides the game has currently is Desync. I notice it a bit when I fight mobs solo. I haven't done a big group thing yet but I hear it can get pretty bad. Although one could argue if desync has increased recently like some have claimed, it's a price to pay for moving skills to be checked server side and deal with hacking.

The problem is that they built the combat to be client side. Most games have it server side and are able to build the game to deal with that and thus don't have desync problems. They plan from the beginning how to minimize or mask any lag issues.
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    You know, I bought it around launch and have really not gotten into it enough to hate it. Maybe that is something in itself, the game does not draw me in.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    edited July 2016

Valkyrie said:

Albatroes said:

The hacks?

The ones they patched out three weeks ago?

My least favorite thing would be how life skills are worth FAR FAR less money than mindlessly grinding monsters.

I agree with some of your statements but that part ...? I sell a single top quality fireflake seed for 50.000 silver. Carrot seeds top quality go for 35000-47000. Insanely profitable life skill in my opinion.

My biggest gripe is how grindy it quickly becomes if you want to focus on the life skills. Crafting is simplistic, player-interaction pretty much non-existing except in PvP. It is like an RPG put online, people play next to each other but not really with each other.

I farmed at Sausans for 2 hours, I made 17 million silver. my node is level 7, almost 8. I'm also an afk horse leveler, I also farm sunflowers. Killing monsters mindlessly with a wagon near by to stockpile their drops is far more profitable. Sadly. Edit: My guild tells me that Pirates is waaaay better money too. Gonna set up the nodes to farm there today.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Allow me to explain the pop-up problem. What you are experiencing is the difference between a user and a maker. Let's look at a car to better understand what I am trying to say. A user can drive a car and that's it. A maker can design, build, repair, and improve the car.

When it comes to game design we often find users employed to make games. They can use a programming language to make a program from Instructions or Tutorials, that they clearly don't understand. The Instructions or Tutorials are made by makers so they work well. But if there is a limitation or cap built into the design, the user is incapable of changing it. Without another set of maker made Instructions or Tutorials.

Lewis, the OP, said there is no option to control pop-ups. That is because the user doesn't understand the control of pop-ups, and can't improve the engine or code to control this problem. Notice I didn't mention the names of methods, systems, or solutions. Because what I am here to discuss is what I dislike the most. And that is, users that make games. Gamers can identify them by the artifacts they leave in games. These can be visual, such as pop-ups or non-visual bad performance or lack of fun.

I expect my own words to haunt me eventually, when gamers tell me my game isn't fun.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The abuse of the word "hate" is extensive in this thread.  Most posters are critical of the game, they certainly don't hate it.  Anyone using the word "haters" needs to go back and do English 101 again, there is no such word!  

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Ozmodan said:
     Anyone using the word "haters" needs to go back and do English 101 again, there is no such word!  

Actually, it's in Webster's dictionary as a noun under the word "hate". It also has it's own heading in Oxford Dictionary.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Dont hate BDO ................I just think  it sux...

Dont have to hate something to not like it .. Hater is usually throw around by fanbois when they really have nothing to base there stance on .. So it must be the other guy is hating ... lol   so soft some people are...
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Ozmodan said:
    The abuse of the word "hate" is extensive in this thread.  Most posters are critical of the game, they certainly don't hate it.  Anyone using the word "haters" needs to go back and do English 101 again, there is no such word!  

Given the context of the use of the word "Hate" in these forums, I would expect it to be directed towards those who have expressed it against people. There is a huge difference when someone says "Hater's gonna hate" when the phrase originated from expressed biases against people.  As opposed to when someone says, "I hate Lemon Jello". The latter is not truly considered a "Hater"  And yet, calling someone a hater for finding fault with intellectual property is itself an insult directed at another person where discussing the shortcomings of a video game is not. Such hypocrisy.
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Am I the only one that couldn't get past the horrible localization to English? There were times when I was completely lost because the dialogue made absolutely no sense. I felt like the entire game was translated by Google translate... cut and pasted verbatim. This was the biggest deal breaker for me.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    The abysmally low drop rate on shards that are needed to progress beyond +15, combined with a preorder system that allows a single person to monopolize the market, and Xing code that works as nothing more than poor antivirus software.

The combination of those 3 things makes BDO a cheaters paradise where they're able to effectively prevent others from progressing effectively by virtue of systems that only benefit them.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    The hate on this game is very focused, wonder if anyone that matters has taken notice. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    "“I hate it. Absolutely bloody hate it.” said my brother. He was talking about the fact that enemies in Black Desert Online reveal nothing about themselves until you’ve killed multiple. Such a system is certainly different from the ‘norm’ and does take some getting used to. The first encounter I had with an enemy, I assumed the game was bugged for failing to reveal its health or deterioration as I peppered the creature with arrows."

We want something different.  Oh wait, that is different.  We want the same!!!!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited July 2016
    Nanfoodle said:
    The hate on this game is very focused, wonder if anyone that matters has taken notice. 
    Eh, it's a pretty big steaming pile of hate here on mmorpg.com, but I don't notice any other forum being that way.  Not to mention it's been the top voted released game for a long time, so you have to question how much of the perceived hate is real or just a few guys that can't run the game on their computer and are pissed about that.

But lets say Daum wanted to appease the random MMORPG.com haters.  There is no way they could.  They all complain about different things and their minds are already made up.

And like I said, I highly suspect most of them couldn't run the game anyway.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Nanfoodle said:
    Eh, it's a pretty big steaming pile of hate here on mmorpg.com, but I don't notice any other forum being that way.  Not to mention it's been the top voted released game for a long time, so you have to question how much of the perceived hate is real or just a few guys that can't run the game on their computer and are pissed about that.

But lets say Daum wanted to appease the random MMORPG.com haters.  There is no way they could.  They all complain about different things and their minds are already made up.

There is a lot of hate around here but I think there is enough fighting going on that we can't be called an echo chamber.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Nanfoodle said:

White Knight much? Many of these concerns I have seen on other web sites. Where this game shines it shines bright, where it fails it's a steaming pile of crap. It's a strange place to be for a game. 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I think someone like your brother may have grown up in a time where people have access to information about anything and everything at their fingertips, there are no "mystery's"  no unknowns.  People are scared and intimidated by things these days when they cant "google" the info.  

Figuring things out for yourself by doing something and learning and with patients is kind of a lost human attribute.

I think not having access to mobs when you first encounter them and having to go through the process of discovery is an awesome feature.  I would love to see more MMO's doing this.