Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best quest of any MMO

DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
So, what's the best quest you've ever experienced in an MMO?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    edited July 2016
    DKLond said:
    That is one mighty tough question....

I actually have no idea, but i would have to say it must be a Secret world quest because of the games fantastic stories with engaging gameplay.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    WAR

Was a level 2 or level 3 quest for greenskins, to assault a stuntie stronghold. You sat in a catapult and got shot across a lake to land on top of a wall, where you then had to kill some dwarves. Made me laugh. 

(I dislike questing. 99% of storylines suck and the gameplay isn't unique. I generally prefer quests that lead to dungeons because I like group content, but it's not the quest itself that was good, but the dungeon). 
  • fatearsfatears Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Storytelling is the weak point of many mmos, something that is better served in single player games... But GW Nightfall was a campaign I enjoyed a lot, and I think P101 has some great little story arcs that are a lot of fun.
    You received 25 LOLs. 
    You are posting some laughably bad content, please desist. 
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Tough Question...As a quest in an MMO sense implies a single "quest"... which is but a small part of some truly epic "quest arcs"...

I think EQ Epics are in the discussion... a long adventure with great rewards...
    I also think most "story arcs" are in there like the class stories from SWTOR, or the Mages Guild from ESO

BUT for pure one shot enjoyment quest... The Loppi-lopp in Wildstar... you have to lick some lolli-lops that make you hallucinate and run around like a madman with all trippy colors and stuff... To this day me and the wife joke about licking the lollylops

Wildstar, in general, had some amazing humor and quests.... to bad the gameplay was subpar.... it could of been a contender. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited July 2016
    Quests that allow me to xxx someone in SWTOR.

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

The Secret World.. most quests are better then any other mmo quests. There are some missions that are so epic in scope that im not sure there are single player games with as good story/mission/quests.

• freakkyfreakky Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Everquest! Epic quest was rewarding and long. My favorite was 

Coldain Ring #10: Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV 

You triggered a Npc war and had to protect the npc dwarfs from waves of gaints. 
    Good lucks and have fun. 
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    DKLond said:
    The Immortal Tauren questline in WoTLK. Not so much for the quests themselves, but the wonderful and well told story that unfolded as you went through them.

Also, though not strictly an MMO, one of the last quests in the original GW (Before it was called Prophecies). By the time undead Prince Rurick shows up the cheese meter has been pegged so long it's broke, the writers are clearly shoveling in random pages from Tropes, every time you think it can't possibly get more ludicrous it does, and yet somehow it all works.

Or, at least, is enjoyable and memorable, which is more than I can say for 99% of the quests I've ever done.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    DAOC Epic quests that you start at level 5 and every few levels you do another. Took you all over the world as well as the RvR zones. Each quest gave you something you could use at that level and beyond. In the last quest you got an amazing set of class specific armour.
  • fatearsfatears Member UncommonPosts: 86
    DMKano said:
    Sort of like asking what's the best shit you've ever taken....

Nobody can tell you because it's all the same endless repetition of the same thing over and over again, kill x number, bring X to Y is what makes up 99.9% of it.

It all becomes routine and meaningless fast.

Might be incontinence, perhaps a visit to the doctor is in order. 
    You received 25 LOLs. 
    You are posting some laughably bad content, please desist. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Coldain Ring Quests, in original Everquest

Part of the quest is triggering a zone wide war. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Jboots questline in EQ.
    DMKano said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Jboots questline in EQ.

I got mine as a drop from Drelzna in Najena in 1999 ;)
    I had a ranger so I didn't need them. But I helped my monk friend with the quest since I had tracking. Was sometime during Kunark if I remember.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Other than the ones I've written...

There was this mission where I had to fly around grey (dangerous) space as part of a covert 'black' operation. I wasn't given very clear instructions on how to proceed except to avoid being scanned or raising suspicion while searching for a way in to national territory, every once in a while receiving "burst crypto" comms from my point of contact.

I just found it to be a very clever piece of narrative storytelling.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Warrior Epic Quest in EQ1 it had you go to 3 different planes and running all over the place. Great quest that required time and investment.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I have no idea.  I've never read any of the quest text in any mmorpg.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    edited July 2016
    Chocobo License quest from FFXI. Or the Subjob quest. They both sucked, but you felt like you accomplished something.
  • KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Forgrimm said:
    Jboots questline in EQ.
    You mean camping Najena for jboots :)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    All the quests in WoW that made you pick through feces.................
    No, not really.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    The quest in WoW where I had to loot 10 courser eyes.  To my amazement 9/10 of the coursers didn't have any eyes.  Gotto love vanilla WoW quests.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

edited July 2016
    Kahrek said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Jboots questline in EQ.
    You mean camping Najena for jboots :)
    No, I meant doing the questline from Hasten Bootstrutter. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=28 The Ancient Cyclops part alone took hours because he was a rare roaming spawn and would usually get nuked down by a wizard as soon as he was found.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    LotRO epics
    WoW Charger questline.
    First epic story line in Rift (one ending with killing Greenscale) also was somewhat fun.
    DAoC questing as a whole really too.
  • GalacticBatGalacticBat Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I don't know if I'd call these two the BEST quests I've done but they are a couple of the more memorable ones.

Wildstar: Eat the mushroom to make yourself very small and squeeze between the rocks to enter a secret cave, then eat another mushroom to grow very big and be able to jump up to a high ledge in the cave. After opening a chest, pull the lever to open a hidden door to find WS characters having a tea party a la Alice in Wonderland.

Vangaurd: Find the crazed farmers and hypnotize them, then lure them away from the farm and into a windmill where you kill them. Then take their body parts and grid them up in the mill. Then add the ground parts to the hay bales to feed to the cows the farmers were raising. This was to avoid the other villagers ever suspecting you played any roll in the farmers going crazy in the first place. Weird mission.

Also, as already mentioned, The Secret World has pretty damn good missions.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Oh it's been awhile... but I really enjoyed the quest lines in early The Secret World. The story telling and everything was awesome. It actually got me paying attention. My favorite out of all of the early ones would be the quest line the old native guy sends you on. The atmosphere of it and they attempt at being spooky made it fun.

Second for me would be dealing with the crazy guy in eso.