Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If MMORPG.com integrity matters to you...

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Distopia said:

Also, I'm always amazed at how many of the same people continuously flock to @Kopogero's threads just to tell him how much they don't care what he has to say.
    Lets be honest here, most of us responding are those who lurk the recent posts feed... We flock to everything... a certain mister as well :P...
    yeah i came here off a whim from the recent posts thread... and then the OPs words got the best of me and i had to bite.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    DMKano said:
    The points are meaningless, same with colors and ranks.

It was meant to be a fun/light hearted system not indicative of anything serious. 

You can safely ignore it and just focus on the posts and the site is the same as before.

i also agree with this... it's meant to be a bit of fun and variety to the forums, but of course some people just have to take things too far.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    People really take this stuff seriously...
    Master being the duck in the rain....
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited July 2016
    I couldn't care less about rankings on some mmo average gaming site. I also wouldn't put this site and the word integrity in the same sentence. They sell space to mmo company's who expect them to say nice thing's about there games.

I get it's a business but you could still have some integrity, unfortunately this site lost it years ago.

BioWare and swtor is a great example of what I'm speaking about and numerous other games that really haven't  lived up to the hype this site generated. 

Look at how they creamed themselves over EQN lol.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited July 2016
    Quizzical said:
    I have an assignment for you.  I want you to run an ordinary least squares linear regression.  The y-axis should be someone's score, while x-variables should be his number of insightfuls, agrees, awesomes, and LOLs received.  Get data on 20 or so players with a lot of posts and blue or purple names, but filter out any that have at least 1k of any particular button type, as those don't show you exact numbers.  Come back and report the coefficients you find.
      Z scores, please.

Maybe we could keep him busy with a Correlational Snipe Hunt.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Realizer said:
    Kopogero said:
    Good for him, and he shouldn't like most here don't as I've been saying because of the nature of the ranking system in place. It's MMORPG.com staff job to make these forums matter enough for individuals to care more.
     So now you are blaming the site creators for their rating system benefiting others more than you? While those people seem to get agrees and insightful responses, yet people only LOL you, because your stuff is ridiculous? The difference is those people are posting things that people actually like, where you are mostly posting stuff about yourself. Every thread you've ever made, has been about you in one way or another. 

You even posted about your dentistry work costing too much, sometimes you just gotta pay for things and move on. Sinatra said it best, That's life.. 
    +100 Awesome (If only I could clicking that many, sigh..)

"....they just try to get my rating as low as possible by tagging every post I make with "LOL", "LOL", "LOL"."

You know what? When I read THAT line, I immediately looked for "LOL" and clicked on it.

I just remembered a quote from True Detective series:
    "We Get The World We Deserve."

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    First off... The day i actually care about the "integrity" of a un-regulated entertainment site is the day i need a head exam. No matter in what capacity you use the word.

As for the ranking system, could not care less. I see a ding every now and than i have got a mile stone amount of something. That is about as much as i care. 

Threads like this as a result of said ranking system... Priceless. 

This have been a good conversation

edited July 2016
    Say hi to professor X...

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Sorry the F2P MMORPG.com is P2W.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Horusra said:
    Sorry the F2P MMORPG.com is P2W.
    With a lot of PvP.
    What if I say that Kopogero is Kim Kardashian of MMORPG.com?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'd rather have my old forum title (Bittervet) than this "Epic" one any day.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Kyleran said:
    I'd rather have my old forum title (Bittervet) than this "Epic" one any day.
    My god, I'm only rare! :(

Epic sounds a lot cooler. Unless we're talking wellfare epics - as my fellow WoW raiders used to call purples :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Thorkune said:
    I get a kick out of the folks on the site that have a purple name and have only been members for months. They are the same ones that race to end game when playing mmo's and have nothing to do and complain about it afterward. Like in game, it will probably take me years to get purple because I don't care about racing to the finish. I enjoy the ride...
    Funny you mention this, it seems I've obtained almost all of the available badges and titles so I guess I've reached "endgame?" ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Woe is me.  A lowly rare.  My life now has no meaning.  I am going to go find a bridge.  When I get there a will jump or live under it.....
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I must admit, I started posting slightly more regularly as I approached "rare" (500 points) but I've never once altered what I wanted to say in order to gather more clicks. 

As others have already said, its a meaningless status thing. 

Also, @Kopogero , all those LOLs are counting towards your status, not detracting from it, so each time you post the same "I haven't spent any money" message and we all laugh at you, its actually helping your status, not hindering it. 

If you care about your own integrity, stop posting crap and start contributing. Nobody cares how long its been since you spent money on a new game, just put a line in your signature or something. Try actively contributing to the subject of MMOs, suggest new features, provide new information, set out balanced arguements etc. Bitching and moaning won't get you anywhere. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited July 2016
    LOL *awards another LOL to @Kopogero.*
    You've earned it buddy. I can never tell whether you're actually serious, or simply trolling everyone each time you make one of these. Masterful.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Honestly this thread should make your score go down. 
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    This is what I am getting from @Kopogero OP...

I swear to god if I don't get AT LEAST 5 "Awesomes" and 10 "LOL" from this post I will never spend a dime on any game again and will post weekly reminding you all of my decision.

You have been warned!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    After wading through all that I've got to say in my not so humble opinion, much ado about nothing. I find it no more meaningful than the amount of twitter followers someone has, or how many people have tagged them on facebook. 

Also, I'm always amazed at how many of the same people continuously flock to @Kopogero's threads just to tell him how much they don't care what he has to say.
    I suspect it has something to do with the ellipses...

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    At blue level you learn the secret handshake, get a stylish fez, and get invited to Bill Murphy's karoke nights. Purple gets you into the karoke night after party. Omg I've said too much. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited July 2016
    Distopia said:

Lets be honest here, most of us responding are those who lurk the recent posts feed... We flock to everything... a certain mister as well :P...
    Oh of course but when it comes to this poster in particular a certain contingent can't seem to just walk away from something they don't really give a shit about and instead bloat the thread count into the stratosphere thereby encouraging the guy to keep making more posts. It seems very counter productive. 
    On the contrary, I really do care about OP's posts.

Only in you-know-who's thread, every interesting troll flocks and throwing funny comments about their hate and those actually made me laugh on occasion. 

Edit:
    With every effort he made, Kopogero actually has established a fan base. Only, you know, he attracted different kind of "fans."

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    OP hates to have to pay to play games and thinks the site should not get advertising dollars. Are you from some country that has state-run entertainment?
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Integrity? They list single player games and run ads for league of angels and scarlet blade.

Oh sorry this is just about crying over the colored names and points, continue...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Such a sad little thread in the OP's trademarked, self-centered negative style.

If this sort of thing is really important enough to you that you felt the need to write a few hundred words about it, try participating in other threads in constructive ways instead of just your own tired "I haven't spent any money on games since" ones.

It's a community. Participating in it is what it's all about.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

This discussion has been closed.