Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If MMORPG.com integrity matters to you...

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Dullahan said:
    Koboli said:
    Realizer said:
     Not sure about that @Kopogero I've seen you get "out dueled verbally" many times. Usually in threads where you are talking about how you are at the forefront of pushing the genre into the future, by refusing to spend money on products you enjoy the privilege of playing at little or no cost. All while riding the backs of paying customers.  
    The key is to not duel at all. I used to fall into that trap constantly when I was younger, but I've come to realize a simple truth as I age: you aren't changing any minds on the internet. It doesn't matter if you're right; it doesn't matter if the other person is a screaming imbecile - they're set in their ways, and so (more than likely) are you. People can be overawed, swayed, brainwashed and intimidated IRL... but it doesn't work on here.

Once you reach that inescapable conclusion, it's a little like ringing a bell in some kind of zen, Buddhist shrine after a long ascent up a lonely Himilayan peak. There's no winning on forums - only losing. And the only way to lose is to engage.
    By not dueling at all, you allow people to spread lies and misinformation. The internet was great back in the 90s when conversations were cordial and people were simply interested in exchanging ideas and rational debate, but this is 2016 and that is no longer what takes place.

Now, most of the people going from thread to thread arguing are mostly there to argue. They are smart enough not to blatantly troll, but trolling is what they're here for regardless. As such, they come with enough circular reasoning, circumstantial evidence, and straw man arguments to confuse the average passerby. Without someone to actually bring some real information and objectivity, you'd be left with nothing but a bunch of bored kids that are more than happy to shitpost all day and listen to the sound of their own voice.

So you don't argue for the sake of convincing them, its for the sake of having well informed and rational discussions.
    I like your train of thought: Don't argue with someone to convince that person, do it to convince and inform others looking in.

I guess that's the entire basis for debate clubs and shit in school, but I never put any thought into it. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I said your statements presented a form of arrogance, if you want to flag me for "trolling" for that, go right ahead. I simply had no better word to describe how your post reads (the same applies, with the use of "passive aggressive"). 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Thorkune said:
    I get a kick out of the folks on the site that have a purple name and have only been members for months. They are the same ones that race to end game when playing mmo's and have nothing to do and complain about it afterward. Like in game, it will probably take me years to get purple because I don't care about racing to the finish. I enjoy the ride...
    Is there anyone who is purple who has only been here for months?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Kopogero said:
    Distopia said:
    @Kopogero do you not see the arrogance presented in your post? It's oozing from it. 

From the "you don't know who you're dealing with" " no one can verbally spar with me" to the "I'm the only honest person here"... That is essentially a self defeatist path to take, you're beating yourself with such dishonesty. Hence why you get (LOLs)...

What you don't seem to realize is there is no winning these arguments, your feelings on the genre are framed in opinion, as are everyone else's. More people simply agree with the opinions others present over yours. Getting passive aggressive over others attaining "purple" status before you (which that's what this is in a nutshell), is just ugly...

Most of those who are "Blue" or "purple" don't post any differently now than they did when such points/rankings didn't even exist. @Torval, @Blueturtle, @DmKano, @Kyleran , etc are not pandering to anyone now, their posts are the same as always... Sorry they're faring better under this system...

Distopia, and thus if you knew better that calling a poster around here "arrogant" is deemed insult and one worthy to be flagged for trolling, which would indeed put your account in danger. Now I'm telling you this, where I could've easily not and just flagged because that's how I would "win" vs you if that was my purpose.

Then you continue to completely mislabel and misplace my structure with phrases that are no where to be seen in my original post for no other attempt but to discredit me because again that is your purpose because it makes you feel better about yourself when you are in a "duel" vs someone like me.

At the end, again you are saying that "most here" as you already have an opinion about this community that their opinions present over mines, and further insulting me as someone who is "passive aggressive" like I actually some issue with individuals like you who have a different color because someone choose out there to give them that color over me for instance.

You earlier stated that "LOL"s don't make difference in your ranking, yet then somehow some individuals here if there was different system of ranking, maeby by post count, I dunno with far fewer posts than me somehow have double or more my points. Bottom line, whatever type of ranking this site has and whatever way its using it, clearly isn't accurate in my opinion. I would personally preferred if there was no ranking at all, in that way no one would have any reason to feel less than someone else, but that's what MMORPG.com staff wants to promote and that's their choices and if I was in their place if I was indeed interested to run such ranking system, I would make it more clear and more accurate than what currently is.
     So this whole thread is basically you being upset that you have over 1k posts and only 200 score? I never even looked at your score till now. No one would have if you hadn't brought attention to it. Who cares about the score as long as you are posting what you actually wish to represent? 

I give good responses honestly, if I actually agree with something I'll press the button, same if I think something is insightful or awesome. If a post is funny I'll give it an LOL, and since there is no response for Cringe, I just lump it in with LOL and hope the user distinguishes between the two. Sometimes LOLs are given because something is truly funny, sometimes it's to show you think an opinion is outrageous.

You'll notice @Gdemami is responsible for almost 70% of my total LOLs just because he doesn't like Black Desert, even though I support others games which he plays, doesn't bother me. I just do the same thing back and let the other users decide where their opinions fall. If they like my post they might press the feedback, if they don't they'll press his etc. 

It's also fair to say you get what you give, if you never give good feedback on other people's posts you can't expect them to bother clicking yours, and you can't force anyone to have the same opinion as you if they truly don't.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    tl;dr
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    edited July 2016
    Kopogero - so after reading this thread in it's entirety.. which honestly exhausted me due to your long winded and overly egotistical try hard-ing to sound above intelligence which honestly comes off as arrogant and self serving and does you no favors what so ever.. i can see why people vote "LOL" on basically anything you post. which is what your original argument was about.

Edit - just to make myself super clear to you. Everything you wrote could have been summarized in literally 1/3 of the bloated text you actually wrote, which would probably get a more positive response from anyone who didn't want their eyes and brains taken advantage of.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @mbrodie Your response only makes perfect sense why imo you are lacking the confidence or the ability to open a new thread around here with a subject of your choosing, probably because you believe you would face individuals like you doing the exact same thing you just did here. I understand that it is easier to be in someone else thread, criticizing, and nit picking the OP and his/her subject, to be specific 140 posts per new discussion is best proof of that.

When it comes to this topic, I purposely made it thorough and detailed as I could, so I don't have to add further discussion about it. I also find it ironic individuals who complain about being exhausted from reading, yet that is all what you intend to do when you come on a forum in first place.

Finally, your opinion, tips and advice is always valued, so here is one of mine, which is don't give one unless someone asks you for one. Do you see somewhere in my thread asking how I should get more positive response around here?

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    I'm really starting to believe you actually have some kind of personality disorder.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    edited July 2016
    Kopogero said:
    @mbrodie Your response only makes perfect sense why imo you are lacking the confidence or the ability to open a new thread around here with a subject of your choosing, probably because you believe you would face individuals like you doing the exact same thing you just did here. I understand that it is easier to be in someone else thread, criticizing, and nit picking the OP and his/her subject, to be specific 140 posts per new discussion is best proof of that.

When it comes to this topic, I purposely made it thorough and detailed as I could, so I don't have to add further discussion about it. I also find it ironic individuals who complain about being exhausted from reading, yet that is all what you intend to do when you come on a forum in first place.

Finally, your opinion, tips and advice is always valued, so here is one of mine, which is don't give one unless someone asks you for one. Do you see somewhere in my thread asking how I should get more positive response around here?
    Thank you for your concern, but by my count i've opened 8 threads of my own regardless of if they were of popular opinion or not, more than 1 were not. That being said i could care less about my "score" or how people react to said thread. I actually open a thread when i'm passionate about something i find relevant not to complain about how an entire community is the problem.

The fact is, when i do open a thread or post a reply, i don't try to big note or act like a condescending jackal to those i choose to post with unless of course i'm forced into an argument in which case i still try to remain calm and not personally attack people.

Now see the problem with your logic is.. if you didn't want people giving an opinion you shouldn't have started a thread in the first place, so regardless about how you feel about people giving one, you opened yourself up to it the second you decided to write a bloated essay all of which could have been written in literally 2 paragraphs instead of a meaningless bloated thesis.

Also, you are the one complaining about getting "LOL's and having a crappy score and the colored tier system.. literaelly NO ONE else has complained or seems to even care except you, but again if you are complaining about having a crappy score... people are going to suggest how you can make it better. The solution don't complain about a community being the problem, when honestly the problem is probably you.

Edit - I come to a forum to read interesting things about games and things i enjoy, not people whining because they don't have a blue or purple name because the community are haters. On the same note, if i open a thread which i feel i'm going to want to comment on, i'll read the thread too regardless of how long winded and bloated some peoples posts are.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Kopogero said:

I think the problem is, you make threads assuming that just because you made a thread it makes you valued contributor. Which it only does if the threads you start aren't just meaningless personal assertions on how others should feel the same way you do, or else be a troll or burden.
    edited July 2016
    @mbrodie Again, no where in my thread I state that "I don't want people giving an opinion about me" as you put it, on the contrary, I encourage all opinions, which is the purpose of forums like these. IMO, you are showing many delusional signs from the earlier post when you actually believe I seek advice on how to get positive response around here, to the fact you compare yourself and your opinion with everyone else's except me with the words you used such as "NO ONE ELSE".

edited July 2016
    Kopogero said:
    @mbrodie Again, no where in my thread I state that "I don't want people giving an opinion about me" as you put it, on the contrary, I encourage all opinions, which is the purpose of forums like these. IMO, you are showing many delusional signs from the earlier post when you actually believe I seek advice on how to get positive response around here, to the fact you compare yourself and your opinion with everyone else's except me with the words you used such as "NO ONE ELSE".
    you created this thread seeking validation. there is nothing else about it.. stroking your ego, trying to say i'm right everyone else wrong look at me look at me.

you can butter it up however you want but at the end of the day.. your post was very clear

I should be purple because i'm amazing and people just hate me for it. You are wrong on so many levels, you cling to 1 argument that "you never asked how to get positive responses" but someone doesn't have to directly ask a question to get opinion on how they should go about getting something they are indirectly asking about.

Edit - i'm not actually sure if you're intentionally trying to be ignorant and ignore everything else except the one thing that makes you think your point is valid.. or if you are just that arrogant you can't see past your own ego.
    @VengeSunsoar you are close to 200 posts per new thread and I'm glad that someone out there like me is helping you reach it, otherwise you wouldn't have any threads where you can come in and do what you just did above.

Oh well. I have more points than you :)
    edited July 2016
    mbrodie said:
    Kopogero said:
    you created this thread seeking validation. there is nothing else about it.. stroking your ego, trying to say i'm right everyone else wrong look at me look at me.

you can butter it up however you want but at the end of the day.. your post was very clear

I should be purple because i'm amazing and people just hate me for it. You are wrong on so many levels, you cling to 1 argument that "you never asked how to get positive responses" but someone doesn't have to directly ask a question to get opinion on how they should go about getting something they are indirectly asking about.

Edit - i'm not actually sure if you're intentionally trying to be ignorant and ignore everything else except the one thing that makes you think your point is valid.. or if you are just that arrogant you can't see past your own ego.
    The only ego I can see here is the one that clearly is you failing to understand the very nature and purpose of this thread, which was about promoting a more honest forum, and imo the current ranking is discouraging that. The way the ranking is also structured makes it opposite of being important enough for most to care for and something to feel great about.

If I was running any forum ranking I would reward those who encourage individuals to be part of these forums. Regardless how somebody has different opinions about something, they are here to do just that and discuss about it.

Oh noes. Other people have purple and I don't. It can't be me, the system must be broken.
    Kopogero said:
    mbrodie said:
    Kopogero said:

The only ego I can see here is the one that clearly is you failing to understand the very nature and purpose of this thread, which was about promoting a more honest forum, and imo the current ranking is discouraging that. The way the ranking is also structured makes it opposite of being important enough for most to care for and something to feel great about.

If I was running any forum ranking I would reward those who encourage individuals to be part of these forums.
    you're basing that off your assumption LOLs take away your points.. which others have pointed out they don't. so your whole thread is meaningless.. the forums are honest and you're just mad because you're not purple, when most of the people who are have 5000+ post count and you do not.
    @mbrodie like @VengeSunsoar who you are clearly failing to see between your posts?

Kopogero said:
    @mbrodie like @VengeSunsoar who you are clearly failing to see between your posts?
    i have seen all of his posts, but i have no need to address him, he is having his own conversation that doesn't involve me.
    edited July 2016
    He clearly has over 5000+ posts and don't count as you put it. He's also been part of these forums for 12 years, yet he only has 440 pts. If the ranking is also based on "activity" it would've made sense, but again that's not the case either and @nariusseldon is best proof of that since he yet to be purple. Maeby after 30,000 posts :)

edited July 2016
    I don't feel the need to get involved in most of these posts. Simple isn't it. I come here for information and entertainment. Could care less what my points are. These forums are not a source of validation for me.

You know the points system hasn't been here very long right? A year or so.
    edited July 2016
    Kopogero said:
    He clearly has over 5000+ posts and don't count as you put it. He's also been part of these forums for 12 years, yet he only has 440 pts.
    and he aint crying about it either.. he honestly doesn't seem to care.

Kopogero said:
    He clearly has over 5000+ posts and don't count as you put it. He's also been part of these forums for 12 years, yet he only has 440 pts. If the ranking is also based on "activity" it would've made sense, but again that's not the case either and @nariusseldon is best proof of that since he yet to be purple. Maeby after 30,000 posts :)

just to address the added part - 29,000 of those posts could have been done before the new system come into play... i don't think people are going to go back through posts from years ago to agree. i have my ancient member badge and i only have 1100 posts... it's all relative
    edited July 2016
    Good for him, and he shouldn't like most here don't as I've been saying because of the nature of the ranking system in place. If I was running these forums I would like my community to care more about the forums they are part of and this ranking system in place is clearly not helping in that regard, on the contrary.

Kopogero said:
    Good for him, and he shouldn't like most here don't as I've been saying because of the nature of the ranking system in place. If I was running these forums I would like my community to care more about the forums they are part of and this ranking system in place is clearly not helping in that regard, on the contrary.
    if you don't care... or if you're that mad that you're not purple even though you post the most stuff ever and don't get points, move a long, no body else is bothered by the system by all accounts.. i haven't seen one person agree that they feel discriminated against because they make a lot of posts but still have a green name. So you're unhappy.. find another forum which suits your needs better?
This discussion has been closed.