Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the Price, It Provides a Fair Amount of Entertainment

Comments

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    my time worth something and my free time worth more that this crap games
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Should have added the famous penguin meme for this unpopular opinion lol
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    "It's not bad for a F2P game"...

It's the meme of our times, lol, when we accept rubbish games simply because they're "free"...
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    After that ringing endorsement, I have to play it. lol

Joined - July 2004

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited July 2016
    The article indicates that if you don't log in for a week then you lose your site. Does that mean that if you decide to log in that you are given another site or does that mean you have to buy the game again?
    Post edited by Sovrath on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    For my money they promised EQ Next . I hope they will fail and will go bankrupt .These companies not only make shit games but they also don't have player Trust.... When game has a strong community and players know that their game will still go on no matter what for years this give price to game unlike these cheap trash that can be shut down any day ,,,
    Wow.  Hoping that people will lose their jobs because you're out a few bucks in hardcore.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I think you missed the "Paid Advertisement" tag.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    when has SoE/DBG ever actually paid for advertising?
  • ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124

mgilbrtsn said:

For my money they promised EQ Next . I hope they will fail and will go bankrupt .These companies not only make shit games but they also don't have player Trust.... When game has a strong community and players know that their game will still go on no matter what for years this give price to game unlike these cheap trash that can be shut down any day ,,,

Wow.  Hoping that people will lose their jobs because you're out a few bucks in hardcore.  

Nobody likes getting scammed.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

yeah he need edit and add it
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    BS, i want my f^^k^^g EQ next, that is what my money went to!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Tekaelon said:

EQNext could have been something spectacular.

Is could have been good enough for you? Putting your hopes on potential is often disappointing.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

It's the meme of our times, lol, when we accept rubbish games simply because they're "free"...

When it's free they break out their spoons so they can eat as much of a steaming pile as quickly as they can. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

It isn't free though, which makes it worse. This rubbish will cost you $9.99.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    5 or 6? Maybe. Honestly, the housing in EQ2 is better.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I definitely regret buying this game early.  I was hoping it would lead to EQ next.  This game by itself is a joke. 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

mgilbrtsn said:

Nobody likes getting scammed.
    Does that mean you get scammed every time you buy food and it doesn't look like the one on the picture? They don't deliver their promise either. :awesome:

• KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    waynejr2 said:

Tekaelon said:

EQNext could have been something spectacular.

Is could have been good enough for you? Putting your hopes on potential is often disappointing.
    What is the point of this website if not to hope about the future. Sheesh. I'm as cynical as they come, but it stands to reason that, unless we're wiped out by nuclear war or space aliens in the next decade, someone is going to produce another AAA game that clicks for a lot of people. 'Never' is a very long time.
  • ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192
    "Every player starts off with one build site to do what they like with. You do not get to choose where your site is, but within the site there’s pretty much free rein. Each site starts with an expiration of one week, meaning if you do not log in for an entire week you’ll lose your site. Now this might seem sever but for every day you log in another day is added to the timer up to a maximum of 90 days. Of course each time the timer is also reset at the beginning. As long as you log in once a week you’ll still accumulate more time on your timer."

Uhm ... wrong??
    You have a pre-assigned claim on a flat "pioneer island" that never expires and sits pretty much next to other starter claims. And then you can teleport to the actual islands and claim land there - which has an expiration timer but it extends over log in time. And it does not reset or is not 7 days because when I established my claim it was at 19 days and is at 24 now.

Plus the delete tool works normal, you mark an area and hit DEL or select the delete tool and apply it to the selection or you manually delete voxels with the tool. What problem do you have? I've played since alpha and had never an issue with that tool? *perplexed*

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
    Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
    Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
    Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I didn't bite buying Landmark. Not based on its own merits but I had little to no faith EQNext. Storyblocks *giggles*, revolutionary *giggles*
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    edited July 2016
    Hey, don't you think you guys are being a bit harsh? This game is really engaging once you give it a chance.

Just kidding. This game is pitiful on so many levels. Sad. RIP EQ.
    -Chuckles
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    DMKano said:
    MrSyn said:

Lol the anger from people who fell for the hype.... Project Titan cancelled and (supposedly) assets used to make Overwatch - sells 10million, best hero shooter ever released!! EQN cancelled and assets moved over to Landmark - useless POS, just die will you.

All the while EQN shown almost as much gameplay as Titan did aka next to nothing...

Guess Blizzard saved themselves a lot of this hate by not talking about Titan years before it was ready to be a sellable product like SoE did with EQN... taking the typical publisher route of game development. 

For some weird reason SoE decided to take a kickstarter approach of talking about it, while it was still just words on the drawing board that kickstarters need and had no product they were certain would make release just like kickstarters. Will never understand why they decided to talk about it so early and while not go the crowdfunding route, instead of following the traditional publishing model of only showing/talking about it once they had a product near ready for release/testing.

Let's put it into perspective - you are comparing a billion dollar 6000 employee studio (Blizzard) - to financially struggling SoE at the time didn't even have 600 employees?

The reason why SoE chose the kick-started approach with EQN and Landmark is because they didn't have the money like Blizzard to fund it.

EQNext was a 3rd internal iteration of "Everquest 3", and unlike Blizzard who could afford a 40million dollar failed project, SoE couldn't.

There is almost no game studio to compare to Blizzard in terms of resources (money, sheer number of developers etc...) they are in a different league.

It would be like comparing a mom and pop shop (most game studios are under 200 employees) to a large corporation - it's just silly.

Bottom line - it's as clear as day why SoE went the hype/kickstart route - they needed money to fund the development.

Maybe one day posters would just take into account that Blizzard is the "big pharma" of gaming world and stop comparing them to studios that are about 1/20th the size in terms of resources.
    Well there's that, but it also compounds with the difference in design philosophy that SoE has/had. SoE was a company that drove innovation with their products. Even Everquest was ambitious for it's time, and with their subsequent MMO projects they continued their efforts to experiment and expand the content of the MMO sphere with hew technology and features.

That's a major part of where EQ:N hit a roadblock. SoE being a smaller company with limited budget and revving their project several times over in an attempt to move forward is not helped when they have the overarching goal of driving as much "new" into it as they can. They have to develop the entire platform for the title's they want to launch and EQ:N was just too much and too complex for them to handle in the end.

Not to disparage Blizzard, but they stay relatively safely away from the line of any major innovations, it puts them at considerably less risk overall.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    True that landmark is a joke, but let's be real here. EQNext was going to be a disaster.

There's NO WAY SOE could deliver on such an ambitious project. Even the announcement trailer looked laggy.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Terrible optimization and an empty shell of a game. I get the odd feeling people are talking about a game that is not landmark too much in this thread. The article is talking about landmark not that other unreleased game.