Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current build of the game?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Last time I logged into my test account in CU, the only thing to do was run around the landscape and attack bots and the occasional player.  Has this changed?  Is there more to test now?

Thanks!

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    The NDA is still in effect so you are better off asking this on the official forum. (I think I saw a comment worded almost exactly like yours over there, so maybe you already did?)

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, that was me.  Apparently, there's not much going on.
    They have been heavily focused on finishing core tech up until now, so gameplay has not changed much over the course of Alpha. There should be a lot more gameplay changes in Beta 1.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    meddyck said:
    They have been heavily focused on finishing core tech up until now, so gameplay has not changed much over the course of Alpha. There should be a lot more gameplay changes in Beta 1.
    any idea when beta 1 starts
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Raxeon said:
    meddyck said:
    any idea when beta 1 starts
    @Raxeon couple hours ago, in livestream, they said "this summer". For what it's worth, beta 1 testers already have access to some test sessions + building in C.U.B.E.
     W...aaagh?
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    ahh ok thanks
    @Raxeon also have in mind that test sessions are very rare recently, which should change in beta. In other words - if you are not a backer already, giving money now in order to just to hop in and test/play is bad idea.
     W...aaagh?
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Yeah, the game that players can see hasn't really changed substantially since the ability system went in most of a year ago. 

Since then they've added basic seige and destruction. 

Put the outlines of basic classes in the game.

Basically cut and re-wrote the vast majortiey of the ability system.

Added basic crafting.

Worked on the world creation and ambient graphics.

Still the acutal "Gameplay" is basically identical now to what it was a year ago, by which I mean, Mostly non-exsistant. 

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll see much progress for the next 6 monthes or so. There's still just so much to do. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    @Raxeon also have in mind that test sessions are very rare recently, which should change in beta. In other words - if you are not a backer already, giving money now in order to just to hop in and test/play is bad idea.
    Although I am an alpha backer I've never tried to join a test, partly due to a lack of interest but also because they seem to only test during weekdays and I'm always at work.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Yeah, the game that players can see hasn't really changed substantially since the ability system went in most of a year ago. 

Added basic crafting.

Still the acutal "Gameplay" is basically identical now to what it was a year ago, by which I mean, Mostly non-exsistant. 

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll see much progress for the next 6 monthes or so. There's still just so much to do. 
    NDA come down that I wasn't aware of?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Added basic crafting.

NDA come down that I wasn't aware of?
    Not yet. It'll drop sometime in Beta 1 supposedly.

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    There's not much point in an NDA for CU as far as I can tell. The User Stories section is open to the public, and they put tons of non-doctored screenshots in the weekly updates. 

There's really nothing behind the "NDA" wall anymore besides the bugs and patch notes. It basically just prevents us from posting our own screens or streaming.
    edited July 2016
    There's not much point in an NDA for CU as far as I can tell. The User Stories section is open to the public, and they put tons of non-doctored screenshots in the weekly updates. 

There's really nothing behind the "NDA" wall anymore besides the bugs and patch notes. It basically just prevents us from posting our own screens or streaming.
    It gives CSE the chance to try some mechanics, get feedback, and (if the feedback is negative) make changes to those mechanics without having the whole worldwide population of MMO players deciding the game sucks based on reading about those mechanics that won't even be in the game at launch.

Plus you would have had screenshots and videos about which people would rightly have said the game looked like crap...because a game with a work in progress custom engine in Alpha does look like crap compared to what it will look like at launch.

If anything, I think lifting the NDA in Beta 1 may be too soon since there is still a lot of BSC stuff they need to put in, test, get feedback on, and adjust or scrap.

@meddyck In mark's own words, NDA goes off in beta 2 "or later" - people asked him that already couple times during all these streams.

For me, the NDA drop moment (or, say, 4 new programmers) is much more important than the somewhat arbitrary start of beta, thou the latter will certainly make much more splash.
     W...aaagh?
    @meddyck In mark's own words, NDA goes off in beta 2 "or later" - people asked him that already couple times during all these streams.

For me, the NDA drop moment (or, say, 4 new programmers) is much more important than the somewhat arbitrary start of beta, thou the latter will certainly make much more splash.
    That's not what I've heard on streams. For instance this is from a post you made on reddit with Vellic's summary of the Q&A from the Beta 1 delay stream a few months back:

"NDA lift for beta 1?: Most likely not for the opening of beta 1, but probably soon thereafter. They want to wait for the new lighting system fully realized, animation system fully debugged, and some of the newer terrain in there before that."

https://www.reddit.com/r/CamelotUnchained/comments/47f7nk/camelot_unchaineds_mark_jacobs_explains_cses_beta/

@meddyck I know that one, but if you combine "beta 2+...", "beta 2+..." and "later in beta 1" with CSE's delay "policy", you know what'll happen.
     W...aaagh?
    @meddyck I know that one, but if you combine "beta 2+...", "beta 2+..." and "later in beta 1" with CSE's delay "policy", you know what'll happen.
    Delay policy lol. Well yeah it wouldn't be the first thing related to the game to happen later than first predicted by CSE if that should occur.