Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vampyr: A Grim ARPG With Tangible Consequences - General Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageVampyr: A Grim ARPG With Tangible Consequences - General Previews

One of the more intriguing games I saw at E3 this year was Vampyr, a "semi-open world" action RPG from Dontnod, the developers of Life is Strange. But don't make the mistake of thinking that Vampyr is going to be full of teenage angst and heart-warming moments of friendship.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Sweet

Joined - July 2004

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm looking forward to this. There're so few good Vamp games on the market. I even enjoyed Dark as unfinished as it was.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Yeah, this caught my eye as well, mostly because of how similar it looks to Bloodborne, one of my favorite games of all time. Can't wait to play this one.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I still have never been able to play Vampire: The Masquerade because no computer wants to play that game. Have it sitting on Steam but even with all the mods that are meant to make it playable I can't get it to work. Hopefully this game is decent so I can finally have a vampire RPG to enjoy!

Smile

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I still have never been able to play Vampire: The Masquerade because no computer wants to play that game. Have it sitting on Steam but even with all the mods that are meant to make it playable I can't get it to work. Hopefully this game is decent so I can finally have a vampire RPG to enjoy!

Try this guide:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-run-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-on-windows-78/

It explains where to get the unofficial patch (turn off Steam update) and has some useful links to the steam forums and a few other places that go through common problems you may find as well as the usual mods etc. It's well worth the effort. It's a great game.
    edited July 2016
    Vampire Bloodlines is a strange game. It runs on my laptop no problem. It ran on my pc for awhile then wouldn't run past the intro videos. The copy I bought off GoG runs with no problems. The best mods have the latest patches and can make the game run new again with new skills and new quests.
    Mods and patches.
    http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/mods

Just remember if it's on Steam to set it to not update or it will take out the patches and mess up the mods.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Needs less Bloodborne & more Maniac Mansion, imo.
    -Chuckles
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    edited July 2016
    Except that it's not an MMORPG.

Wasn't CCP toying with some kind of Vampire-themed MMO that they shortly-thereafter axed? Honestly, I find nosferatu to be infinitely more compelling than zombies (well, outside swill like Twilight), and lord knows we have plenty of zombie-themed games out there.

*Edit* Also, -1 to the developer for that edge with the 'y' in Vampyr. Because, you know, Dracula and stuff wasn't riveting enough spelled with an 'e' and an 'i.' 
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    i must be weird, but when i hear about vampires... the first thing that comes to my mind is "Dark Eden" mmo.
    The Vampire in ESO was great in PvE until they nerfed it due to PvP complains. Oh the pain...

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I though ARPG had a very specific definition that this doesn't seem to match with.  Not that the game looks bad, just that it doesn't look anything like I was expecting from the title.