Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is horse **** trying to find something to get into.

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
Took a break from MMOs for a fair time but upon return the same old stuff is getting thrown around. So the list is basically this still...GW2, ESO, WOW, Wildstar, The Secret World, Rift and AOC. There really isnt anything thats been released in the last few years thats worth looking at. 

Whats a good MMO to get into with PVP progression, dungeons etc. 

Whats this Black desert online like / anyhting else knocking about...

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    EVE.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited July 2016
    DonY81 said:
    Took a break from MMOs for a fair time but upon return the same old stuff is getting thrown around. So the list is basically this still...GW2, ESO, WOW, Wildstar, The Secret World, Rift and AOC. There really isnt anything thats been released in the last few years thats worth looking at. 

Whats a good MMO to get into with PVP progression, dungeons etc. 

Whats this Black desert online like / anyhting else knocking about...
    GW2, ESO, WOW, Wildstar, The Secret World, Rift and AOC.  There is also Tera and FFXIV but XIV has awful PVP.

End of the day, the only new mmo is Black desert, try it out
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Well your list left out FFXIV which is one of the higher subbed MMO's out. But the reason for the lack of new MMO's currently would be because the ones that keep coming out are ones that have been out in Korea for a few years. Blade and Soul came out but the hype died off relatively quick, it still has a decent userbase just isn't huge. Black Desert has been fun for me and the people I know who play it but they have had ALOT of bumps a long the road with hackers, cash shop, and just bad management. Wildstar died off for a while, but recently got rereleased on steam and got a bit more of an active userbase. 

For PVE I would say play FFXIV but if you are looking for PvP I'm not really sure of anything that's popular that has a good PvP system other than WoW, GW2, or ESO. 
  • DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Kyleran said:
    EVE.
    cheers but i like to keep my feet firmly on the ground. OK well i guess then MOBA has defeated this genre it seems......

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    DonY81 said:
    Kyleran said:
    EVE.
    cheers but i like to keep my feet firmly on the ground. OK well i guess then MOBA has defeated this genre it seems......
    No, the players defeated it.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    You could try "the division."  It has several RPG elements to it.  Early game is mostly solo, but you can group with others.  Once you hit level 30 (which should only take a few days max) grouping becomes more necessary to get the best loot.  You have 3 stats firearms, toughness, and electroincs.  Firearms is your weapons DPS, toughness is a combo of your health + armor, and electronics is your skill / ability power.  There are various gear sets to collect each with different stats / bonuses.  Also each piece of gear / weapon is randomized.  So two people could have the same piece of gear and have totally different stats / attributes.  This is the only game that has been able to hold my attention for more than a few weeks.  On PC / Xbone the new expansion just released and on PS4 it comes in august.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Dude, OP, chill.

BDO is the best MMO released maybe ever, although it may not be your cup of tea.  But there's a reason it's the most popular voted game on this site and has been for like a year.

It doesn't have PVP progression or dungeons.  But don't be afraid to try something different.  Maybe try to get a trial key and check it out.

BnS has some PVP progression and lots of dungeons.  It's got a great combat system.  You do have to not care about bots, hacks, or p2w rng boxes though.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    BDO is horrible. Don't fall into the trap.

You will thank me later, and so will your wallet.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:

BDO Korea is actually pretty good.

BDO EU/US is worse for sure both technically (server desync) as well as game itself being changed for the worse. Korean playerbase is far better and the game is much better supported in Korea.

Kano, buddy, can you tell me, someone who's actually interested, why is KR better in your opinion? 
    If you don't wanna it's cool, I just am genuinely getting bored here on NA :-(
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:

BDO EU/US is worse for sure both technically (server desync) as well as game itself being changed for the worse. Korean playerbase is far better and the game is much better supported in Korea.

Kano, buddy, can you tell me, someone who's actually interested, why is KR better in your opinion? 
    Pvp.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Bloodaxes said:
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:

Pvp.
    What about the PVP?  How is it different?  
    Seriously considering switching or something, it's just like... the NA feels like PvP has no real point right now.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Begin writing short fiction. If you like, publish it. Move along to novellas or even directly to novels. Learn to market your products.

There, that should keep you busy for a little while, enjoy!