Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE: Valkyrie - Carrier Assault

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
edited April 2016 in EVE Online
Fresh from Fanfest up North:

EVE: Valkyrie VR Gameplay Trailer – Carrier Assault

"Experience the next level of space dogfighting with Carrier Assault, part of the first free content update for the multiplayer virtual reality game EVE: Valkyrie. Take down the enemy team's fighters and cripple their defenses to infiltrate and destroy their Carrier. Your team will need tactics, coordination, and nerves of steel to win the day and take home the spoils of war."

Have fun

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2016
    More VR stuff, clearly the "star" they are hitching their wagon to.

Let's hope it turns out better than in the past, we EVE players are tired of funding their failed ventures.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Kyleran said:

Let's hope it turns out better than in the past, we EVE players are tired of funding their failed ventures.
     They've already made a huge mistake by making this a VR only title.

• marcjt20marcjt20 Member UncommonPosts: 106
    My Problem with CCP Has always been their failed attempts to make new games and their slow attempts to continually improve EVE's core gameplay. The combat in Eve at times is a cluster fuck, Mining is boring and exploration is the only fun thing yet with thousands upon thousands of star systems and a low player base of 30k people, its hard to find other people. This of course is just my opinion and I am sure others have different experiences.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    marcjt20 said:
    My Problem with CCP Has always been their failed attempts to make new games and their slow attempts to continually improve EVE's core gameplay. The combat in Eve at times is a cluster fuck, Mining is boring and exploration is the only fun thing yet with thousands upon thousands of star systems and a low player base of 30k people, its hard to find other people. This of course is just my opinion and I am sure others have different experiences.
    I'm slightly different, I'm happy to have CCP run a stable and consistently improved base game while using revenue to venture into other, far less stable, areas. I was always plenty satisfied with Eve core gameplay. 

Although really, they are being pretty incompetent with their extra revenue. You'd think SOMETHING good would have stuck by now. Hint hint, Dust 2.0.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    marcjt20 said:
    I often feel like they farm EVE to support their various boondoggle development misadventures, when they could be more successful as a company simply by focusing on bringing EVE up to snuff.
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    /shrug...having a blast with WH living
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Sad this is only for VR. As an Eve Online vet of close to 4 years total, I just can't afford this. Not at the present anyways.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• AluminaraAluminara Member UncommonPosts: 21
    edited August 2016
    < waiting for cheap vr to play 

Cradle of Magic - unique 3-in-1 mmogame - help us at kickstarter. THX!
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    EVE: Gunjack is also a lot of fun.

Fundamentally, it's no different than Galaga.  However, it's set in the Eve universe, which is just great.  CCP delivers with usual panache.  The opening cinematic has a gravelly male voice talking about how a sweeping panorama of asteroid fields represents "billions of ISK" in unprocessed wealth.  The level select scene has plenty to look around at, and a female voice will sometimes get on the intercom and talk about things like the expiration date on yesterday's rations; all things that might be going on in a space mining outfit, making it just a little more believable.

Riding the lift up to the shooting deck in the turret makes me feel like a complete badass, where wave upon wave of formation-flying bad guys fall prey to my dual-wielded Gatling guns like that scene from Matrix Revolutions.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited August 2016
    I didnt like Eve: Valkrine but for reasons that have nothing to do with VR.

I dont like games that forces me into a story functionally speaking. I really dont care to listen to her chat for 10 mins before I can fly....3 times.

I say that but I am sure I have some expections but bottom line is that I found the forced story in this specific game to be anyoying

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    marcjt20 said:
    so how would you suggest they improve that?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:

They've already made a huge mistake by making this a VR only title.
    No, their biggest mistake was the time and money invested into World of Darkness. What was it? 7 years? Or was it DUST 514? I can never remember their biggest mistake.
    Take your pick from some of the following...by no means an exhaustive list.

* Using EVE to fund Dust 514 which they failed to even consider porting to computer and tried to link it to the main EVE universe and make it important. 

* Letting Devs play favorites and help out various players and alliances in the past.

* Promising the world when it came to Ambulation/Walking In Stations/Space Barbie and delivering... the "door" and nothing else.

* Buying a stellar property like White Wolf and then committing to making a World of Darkness MMO only to give direction like "Make it more...EHHH!" and walking off.  (I'm pretty sure this was some kinda tax scam to take advantage of Georgia at the time.)

* And my favorite.  After most of this came out and the outrage was aired on the forums, responding with essentially a challenge of "We don't listen to what players say, we only watch what they do."  Massive ingame protests and plumetting subscriptions and A LOT of bad blood later, they had to eat crow and FINALLY start turning some of those profits back into their cash cow instead of the "1000$ pants."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Everything in your list was over half a decade ago. There has been a very significant change of course since then IMO. CCP are way more professional than they used to be. For better or for worse.

Give me liberty or give me lasers