Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

White Wolf Announces World of Darkness Documentary Series - General News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

White Wolf Announces World of Darkness Documentary Series - General News

White Wolf has announced a partnership with LuckyDay to create and release a documentary based on The World of Darkness IP that rose to prominence in the 90s and "helped shape and define film, literature, fashion, club culture, and ultimately fans".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I think "help shape and define" is pushing it a bit.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Yes I will make a point to see that film

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    edited June 2016
    toolak said:
    I think "help shape and define" is pushing it a bit.
    Then you didn't live in Atlanta, New Orleans or Colorado when when White Wolf was at the height of their power.  Those three cities in particular had huge cult followings of this IP and was the reason that their second iteration of the game world were so heavily focused on those cities.  The fashion and club culture, especially of the more underground clubs, was hugely influenced by this game in these areas.

As far as film and literature I would have to say that Anne Rice had a much larger influence on Vampire Culture than WoD, although the author of Vampire: The Masquerade swears up and down that he never read her books before working on the game.  I call bullshit as the game resembles her books very closely when it comes to vampire behavior and lore.

All this being said, I grew up an hour away from Stone Mountain, GA where all of these books were written and I visited their headquarters several times in high school and college back when Pen and Paper RPG's were at the height of counter culture entertainment.  I can't wait to see this film and see other people's take on this IP.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    I was GM of a VTM game for 4 years with friends...loved that game so this should be an interesting watch.
  • MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Played OWoD for many years, both as a player and as Storyteller. Some of my most memorable moments came from these games. Was actually the first game that I remember we actually sat and roleplayed for hours, instead of rollplayed :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I dunno, maybe they should focus on creating a new game?

BTW, until CCP bought them I'd never heard of WOD.

Counter culture I am not. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kyleran said:

How shameful! :open_mouth:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited July 2016
    Personally if you have seen one vampire movie you have seen all of them, but they are at least entertaining, no zombies.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Kyleran said:

BURN THE HERETIC!