Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Reasons Why MXM Is The Best MOBA - MXM: Master X Master

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2016 in Videos Discussion

image5 Reasons Why MXM Is The Best MOBA - MXM: Master X Master

MXM is (subjectively) better than every other MOBA! TheHiveLeader is here to give you 5 reasons why! Yeah, this'll go over well... For more on MXM, visit MMORPG.com! Master X Master or MXM for short, is an Action MOBA with a revolutionary TAG system—which allows you to swap between two characters mid-combat— multiplying your depth of strategy. With a diverse selection of 30 powerful Masters to choose from —including brand new characters as well as a selection of k

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Awesome video!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I hate you Hive, now I have to look into this game more....
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    TheHiveLeader:
    "My bad everyone. Apparently the game does has a more normal 5v5 lane, tower, minion mode. Oh well. That just means it's even BETTER with more modes. All previous points still stand."
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Dawngate was the best moba ever, but Master X Master is unique and surprisingly high quality. I'll be playing it and hoping it does well.

Also, needs fewer original characters, more NCSoft license characters.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    I don't like MOBAs but the gameplay of this game made me like it.
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    edited July 2016
    Now this is a "Moba" I would play and it doesn't bore me to death after 5mins.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    to bad the animations look floatier and well gummier (are those even words... who knows) than a melting bit of gum in a bucket.

There is no connect between the heroes and the ground or anything that they do. That s OK-ish for a mouse click game. But in a game like this the animations need to be crisp as bloody lettuce.

It is a solid PASS for me

This have been a good conversation

• SanisarSanisar Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Firstly, good video.

As for the actual game, I seriously doubt it could steer me away from Dota, but I won't say it's impossible.  The game does have good visuals ingame, though the selection UI looked super generic.  It was interesting that there was a lobby area of sorts with tons of players congregating, presumably forming parties or trading or something.

For this game to ever realistically gain traction with me though it will have to do a lot of things very well.  First it will need to be popular (short queues).  The non-5v5 modes will have to be really well done to the point that they shift the genre.  The gameplay mechanics and engine will have to be extremely polished (I've experienced performance downgrade before when switching from HoN to Dota2 and it is not fun).  My friends that I MOBA with will have to be willing to try it.  Etc.

Overall I have my doubts.  IMO NCSoft makes 'acceptable' games, and it would take something truly exceptional for me to swap MOBAs.  I have zero interest in learning/playing 2 different MOBAs.

Just my opinion, though I certainly hope for the success of every game.

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    ALl i see is a "SAO Legend" ad with a play button
  • mabis55mabis55 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    is moba have Lines :)
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I wonder where was everyone when Bloodline Champions was there looooong before this one.

beLIEve

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    +1 for movement. Can't stand click-to-move.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    After watching this the whole way, I reinstalled D2 and started a hammerdin. :D And no, that video didn't make me like MOBA's a tiny bit more, in fact it made me hate them even more, lol.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Heroes of NCSoft, can't wait to see the cash shop on this one.