Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 2.4 Released To PTU

13»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    What is going on?
    Testing and development.

Have fun
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    hfztt said:
    Shodanas said:

Of course they could have walked the other path where the player docks / lands on a station and every interaction would be accomplished via static screens and menus.

I presume this would be an impressive example of very nice game play for you.
    Depends.

What can happen in the shop? Besides the "immersion" part, what happens there?

Can i get shot while shopping? Is there live auctions? Can I make meaningfull choices about anything that could not be acheaved simpler, and possibly better, via a menu?

If nothing is added to my gameplay, except a timesink as i have to walk around to find what I want instead of a simple search interface, then absolutely yes, a menu would be better gameplay. 
    This reminds me of that time when my grandfather complained about people wanting planes when trains were a perfectly good form of transportation.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Erillion said:

You could have INTERACTION WITH OTHER PLAYERS. 

"Hey Erillion, what do you think, does this necklace and thes epants look good on me?
    Or should I try these pants and this jacket?
    hmmm.....
    Nah, I'll try these on first.
    Mission? What mission?
    I can't undock and go out and do missions with you, I need to accessorize first man! Come on back into TS, I need your guidance on which color hat I should wear!"

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Muke said:
    "Hey Erillion, what do you think, does this necklace and thes epants look good on me?
    Or should I try these pants and this jacket?
    hmmm.....
    Nah, I'll try these on first.
    Mission? What mission?
    I can't undock and go out and do missions with you, I need to accessorize first man! Come on back into TS, I need your guidance on which color hat I should wear!"
    Would not be the first time ;-)

Have fun
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Erillion said:
    The Characters and their clothing look a little bit aged .... like 10years ago tech aged :(
    That is "10 years ago characters" ... so ... No. 

Have fun

I had more stuff like Splinter cell in mind ...

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15401-Star-Citizen-Alpha-241

Alpha Patch 2.4.1 has been released to Live, and is now available for players to test! This patch is primarily focused around resolving a few specific game bugs.

Your launcher should show “2.4.1-368250” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

• We will be wiping the persistence database with this patch from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1. All aUEC progress and item purchases will be reset.
    • If you do not see your ships on first log in, please close the client and log back in.
      • Your ships should appear on the second login.

Contents:

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

• You can no longer obtain large amounts of aUEC by shooting parts of Security Station Kareah under specific circumstances.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where the Mustang Delta shields were not visualizing correctly when physically damaged.
    • Fixed an issue where the Aurora would rotate up to 180 degrees when spawned on the landing pad.

Technical:

• Fixed a server crash.
    • Fixed several persistence service related crashes.
    • Fixed several persistence issues that related to items being incorrectly deleted, items not showing up in game correctly and items being duplicated.
    • Fixed several client crashes.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing infinite load screens when attempting to load into ArcCorp or Crusader.