Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best choice for pvp right now?

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
searching for some pvp without grinding to max level to start. I dont like mobas, i dont like shooters and i dont like open pvp.

i like battlegrounds and group arena pvp and i like to ne rewarded for winning (gear,skins,etc.)

anything out there?

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds like World of Warcraft tbh.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    SWtOR, WoW or Rift.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Where is the difference between a MOBA and battlegrounds ? Or even shooters and battlegrounds ?
    If you like battlegrounds why not play those games who do it best: MOBAs and Shooters.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Anthur said:
    Where is the difference between a MOBA and battlegrounds ? Or even shooters and battlegrounds ?
    If you like battlegrounds why not play those games who do it best: MOBAs and Shooters.
    There's this little thing called progression - which he already mentioned.

Why would you even care?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DKLond said:
    Anthur said:
    There's this little thing called progression - which he already mentioned.

Why would you even care?
    MOBA's are something completely different tbh, imo they also aren't very good when it comes to Battlegrounds, the difference between a Battleground in a game like WoW for instance and a game such as LoL is so extreme, its a joke, they are 2 completely different things. You could say much the same about the PVP in SW:TOR, you certainly wouldn't compare those Arena's to DOTA2.
    There is a reason why MOBA's and MMO's appeal to very different types of players, for very different reasons and thats because they are completely different games, in what they do, and how they do it.
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Styxa said:
    searching for some pvp without grinding to max level to start. I dont like mobas, i dont like shooters and i dont like open pvp.

i like battlegrounds and group arena pvp and i like to ne rewarded for winning (gear,skins,etc.)

anything out there?

By the standards you listed, you eliminated all the ones i like to play.  I don't think the game you are looking for exists.
    Haroo!
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Styxa said:

anything out there?

GW2's "spvp" fits that bill perfectly. 
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Jermzy said:
    Styxa said:

i like battlegrounds and group arena pvp and i like to BE rewarded for winning (gear,skins,etc.)

anything out there?
    By the standards you listed, you eliminated all the ones i like to play.  I don't think the game you are looking for exists.
    No rewards for winning - that stipulation eliminates all games
    He likes rewards. The 'n' key is right next to the 'b' key whereas the 'e' key is nowhere near the 'o' key. It's more like and makes more sense that he meant rewarded.

I agree with DKLond: SWTOR, WoW, RIft.

Unless you like grinding for gear you will end up getting very frustrated by those games, although they are a bit of fun.

If you just want to hop straight into an arena/BG type game where everyone stands a fair chance and skill and teamwork is what counts then GW2 is the only game like that available atm. You also get lots of rewards for playing.

However, if you like the gear grind and beating other players due to superior gear then Rift etc is the way to go.
  • StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Okay, first of all, thanks for your honest answers.

I think I will stick to a mmorpg that comebines somewhat decent pve and pvp and play it for a while...

candidates would be good old wow, tera or should i give wildstar a second look, now that is launched at steam?
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited June 2016
    GW2.. atleast last time i played it.. i think you had to be like level 10 or something but from then on you could do the spvp(battlegrounds/arenas) and not be at a disadvantage. you just pick your build and have at it. more games should follow this imo.
    you also got to pick a reward track which you could work on to get various cosmetics.
    Post edited by hallucigenocide on

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    WAAAaaAaaaGGAggagAgGAGAAHHAHHHAHHhh!!!!!!!!
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    GW2 currently has great class balance in SPvP (not in WvW).  There is almost no build diversity, though.  Look at GW2 and WoW.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Scorchien said:
    hmm are you referring to the now dead game warhammer online or the not released yet eternal crusade? i dont really speak Ork. :P

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Anthur said:
    A whole host of reasons.  Just because you like battlegrounds doesn't mean you dislike everything else. Progression, crafting, adventuring, persistence.....  It is not always an all or nothing deal.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Phry said:
    Sounds like World of Warcraft tbh.

^Yup. Was guna say Darkfall: New Dawn when i saw your title but then i read the rest and yea.
    WoW is the game your looking for. Thats what it sounds like.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    hmm are you referring to the now dead game warhammer online or the not released yet eternal crusade? i dont really speak Ork. :P
    https://www.returnofreckoning.com/about.php

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Darkfall new dawn just launched their beta test server. They also changed progression so that new characters are viable faster. Its fps combat and items are pretty easy to come. pvp and crafting focus more than pve, but pve is important for skilling up.

Styxa said:
    Okay, first of all, thanks for your honest answers.

I think I will stick to a mmorpg that comebines somewhat decent pve and pvp and play it for a while...

candidates would be good old wow, tera or should i give wildstar a second look, now that is launched at steam?
    Neverwinter is another option - the pvp is fun but the bgs are pretty barebone, Tera is awesome but last time I played you had to be a mid to high level to play the bgs. Imo WoW has probably the best designed bgs that i have played and GW2 the most fun/exciting bgs. 

WAR was awesome, the RvR was pure pvp mayhem, and it also had BGs and gear progression. Unfortunately no longer with us, RIP ;(
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    BnS has the best 1v1 and decent group pvp.  Not much variety in modes, but the combat is steller so it doesn't matter.  1v1 is equalized, although skills are p2w/play to win.

I stopped playing because of p2w rng boxes.  There are also tons of bots and hacking in pvp.  Despite all of this, it has the best combat of any MMO.  It seems also that NcSoft got the memo that we don't like RNG boxes because after 2 big ones in a row, they haven't released one in like a month.