Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan Still going

124»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    SBFord said:
    And then there's this! :)
    Sweet I can bring my pet into the expansion areas I bought...oh wait they want me to pay again to access the content I already bought...No thanks
    Maybe you missed to read about the subscription revamp, where they allegedly will resolve that issue, among others... Hopefully in the next letter they will tell the details.

TSW's membership upgrade was cool, so I think this one has potential as well. Not that I'll be affected much, I still used to resub when it's AoC-time in my rotation, so at best it will bring more rewards for me :wink: 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    "I quit when they made me change my name from Lez Bow to Tom Boy" Those were the days. :D
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:
    Sweet I can bring my pet into the expansion areas I bought...oh wait they want me to pay again to access the content I already bought...No thanks
    Maybe you missed to read about the subscription revamp, where they allegedly will resolve that issue, among others... Hopefully in the next letter they will tell the details.

TSW's membership upgrade was cool, so I think this one has potential as well. Not that I'll be affected much, I still used to resub when it's AoC-time in my rotation, so at best it will bring more rewards for me :wink: 
    Yeah they have been saying that since the f2p conversion I'm not really holding out hope at this point...
    Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:

Yeah they have been saying that since the f2p conversion I'm not really holding out hope at this point...
    Actually they only say it since the TSW and AO membership revamp, I think first mention was at the end of last year. Sure, there's a chance it will turn out something like the crafting revamp :lol:  but I think it won't.

Some updated incentive for subscription could mean more money in their pockets, so I guess they're more interested in this change like they were with the crafting (unfortunately).

Also, there's already two revamps in the other games, so they have the experience and even the results and outcome of those changes. I'm waiting for the details, in the summer I plan a 1-2 months of AoC session, and I hope by then there will be some additional rewards for the sub :wink: 
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    edited May 2016
    Po_gg said:
    Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:

Actually they only say it since the TSW and AO membership revamp, I think first mention was at the end of last year. Sure, there's a chance it will turn out something like the crafting revamp :lol:  but I think it won't.

Some updated incentive for subscription could mean more money in their pockets, so I guess they're more interested in this change like they were with the crafting (unfortunately).

Also, there's already two revamps in the other games, so they have the experience and even the results and outcome of those changes. I'm waiting for the details, in the summer I plan a 1-2 months of AoC session, and I hope by then there will be some additional rewards for the sub :wink: 
    Yeah I agree.  I don't have anything against f2p models.  But what they did with the ROTGS lock to the people who paid for it was something they had kept me away.  Games like LOTRO and swtor don't lock these areas of you purchased the xpacs.  Sure some quest raids or dungeons may not be accessible and that's fine.  I would feel the same if LOTRO asked me to pay an extra fee to enter Moria in LOTRO after I purchased the XPAC years ago would keep me away from LOTRO too. 
    edited May 2016

Yeah I agree.  I don't have anything against f2p models.  But what they did with the ROTGS lock to the people who paid for it was something they had kept me away.  Games like LOTRO and swtor don't lock these areas of you purchased the xpacs.
    Yep, LotRO's model is great, I used to say that a lot on LotRO threads :wink:
    As for the membership revamp, hopefully it's not far, at least according to Odo's post:

"On the note about membership offers: We elected not to run a special membership offer for the anniversary date because we're still working on a revamped membership system. We'd rather have a sweet offer run directly after the new system goes live, rather than run an offer right now and then have everything change shortly after. We understand that you all were looking forward to a possible offer, and I'm sorry we weren't able to get that to you for the 8th anniversary. Hopefully, you'll agree that it's worth the wait."

See that "shortly after"? :wink:  (made it bold)
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    One of the "biggest potential" MMOs I ever played, but it's all irrelevant now.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited June 2016
    Absolute P2W introduced today. Read official forums for fun times.

AOC the well-known failure continues on as a P2W shitbag.
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    So this new update 5.0 makes all the areas you purchase (Rise of the Godslayer etc) part of Free-to-Play. I might download it and check it out again.

The Enlightened take things Lightly