Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 11 - By the Mother Goddess, It's Epic!

2»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

baphamet said:

it may seem "light" but is there another MMO on the market releasing and updating content like ESO? personally when i play ESO i sub because i haven't bought any of the expansions so it's all good for me.

I think everybody agrees that new content is "good". The use of the word "epic" however - yeah. I also share the opinion of others that if people buy costumes they shouldn't need to be an ESO+ member to dye them; that comes across as double dipping.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    geremady said:
    Very disappointing.
    The DLC is only 2 dungeons and some item sets. Not interested in dungeons.
    Veteran trials and arena -- not interested.
    Racial abilities -- uninspiring and unbalanced.
    PvP -- dont play it.
    Race/name change -- money,money,money.(especially combined with the changes in racial abilities)

Anybody feels the DLC-part is worth the 1500 crowns compared to previous dlc s?

To the author: please explain to me why tis is the best dlc EVAH?
    Someone is always going to be disappointed.  They can't add everything for everyone, every dlc.  The fact that significant changes and additions are coming at this pace is nothing but good.

I self identify as a monkey.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    JDis25 said:
    I didn't notice until now they are increasing champ points capacity... ugh..
    ...by 30 points. Hardly ugh-worthy.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I have bought all DLCs except for IC ( I just feel Cyrodil is wasted as a PvP zone ) and am looking forward to this one!
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    You cannot let a nerd do his favourite game review as much as you cannot let a kid guard a candy store.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    this is probably the only MMO left that is truly, i mean TRULY good to play, and it's probably the top MMO right now.

good job zenimax, this kind of MMO is the MMo that i will give my money to.

So What Now?

• ElloaElloa Member UncommonPosts: 66
    It will be a very good update.
    there is not tons of "new" content, but two new dungeon should be enough to satisfy the feeling of novelty old players need ot be happy.

However, the base patch is really amazing! I love the fact that they are making relevant all old trials. This can seems like nothing for some poeple, but that will have a huge impact on the game. This mean that they have worked very hard to make the game flexible and scalable. Even when the CP cap will be increased, when the players will become more powerful, ALL the content currently avalaible will be used for end game. Do you imagine the tons of content for PVEr to choose from?

The game is reallytaking the direction it should have from the very beggining. but as we said, better later than never!
  • LialicBlissLialicBliss Member CommonPosts: 1
    As an RPer this is a very exciting and awesome update, also can not wait for more personality options. <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    The Authors excited about the ability to pay many for name, and race change Kind of sounds like a shill. Call me old fashioned but 2 dungeons, and some PVP changes and more items to buy doesn't sound very "Epic" and considering the dungeons are Argonian admittedly my least favorite race, I'll take pass till something more interesting then filler fluff and store item to buy is released.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    two new dungeons for content and a bunch of quality of life improvements and crown store items....yeah SOOOOOOOOOO epic..... Indie devs release larger content/patches with much smaller teams at the same pace as this team and I bet you a million bucks now a lot less buggy than ESO does.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    edited June 2016
    How can this be classified as DLC worthy content? I've played F2P games with bigger patches than this! Think the author is pretty biased for the game if he considers this an "epic" DLC. I mean, zero story content?

Smile

• Ides385Ides385 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Best thing about this is the scaling of old content. Brings a lot of life back to endgame. I'll buy this if it has a Trial. Otherwise the base game patch will be enough for me. Same thing with dark brotherhood, never bought, never had a desire to, the base game patch was good enough for me.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

baphamet said:

it may seem "light" but is there another MMO on the market releasing and updating content like ESO? personally when i play ESO i sub because i haven't bought any of the expansions so it's all good for me.

Yes, its called FFXIV

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    this is the first time a MMO have content faster than i progress in the game, to the point that it made me feel falling behind so hard.

at the same time, it's good that i know i will have LOTS of things to do, * and i havent even touch any dungeons yet )

So What Now?

• ImpmonImpmon Member UncommonPosts: 81
    They still haven't fixed Wrothgar crashes. Certain parts of the city crash the game & make you unable to log back to that character. Most of the class & skill guides all rely on FOTM weapon skills and it seems to still be focused on 2h weapons & bows now.

Every single guide I watch its people favoring the weapon skills over class abilities. Or a guide tells you how OP their build is and it relies on werewolf to kill anything... cmon really ?

The game can be fun but throwing out half assed updates with minor additions while leaving older content neglected that needs fixing doesn't entice me to buy DLC's. I was an ESO plus subscriber for a short while but theres no incentive to go back to that route again.
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Also disappointed at forcing at the double dipping of costume dyes. The fact that I can dye non costume gear whenever I want just makes it less likely I will by costume gear at all. The dye update was something that what have made buying costumes actually worth it to me, but now that they want to double on it just means they won't get my money after all.