Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System Shock Remake Kickstarter Campaign and Pre-Alpha Demo

DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

This game remains in my top-3 of all time. I absolutely adore it.

Obviously, I've already backed it.

The demo is quite good considering the early stage of development, but I'm not a huge fan of the strange retro-textures they're using. Other than that, though, it seems extremely faithful - and the controls are already vastly improved from the original.

Here's hoping it's funded - and I'd love for the 1.4M stretch goal to be reached.

Having SS2 RPG elements in SS1 would be wonderful.

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    They're getting close to 600K out of 900K :)

I'm deeply concerned you guys don't seem to have any interest in this game.

Are you fully aware of how big a deal this game was back in 1994? For me, it changed gaming forever.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    With all of 2 comments!

DKLond is sad now :(
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    DKLond said:
    SBFord said:
    With all of 2 comments!

Well they're actually doing OK -- they have nearly a month to go and are 2/3 of the way there. If the team starts getting out there and streaming, participating in interviews, etc., I think they'll get it done. I backed it. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    DKLond said:
    SBFord said:
    With all of 2 comments!

Well they're actually doing OK -- they have nearly a month to go and are 2/3 of the way there. If the team starts getting out there and streaming, participating in interviews, etc., I think they'll get it done. I backed it. :)
    I think so, too - I was just hoping for a more excited response around here.

Also, I'd love for them to reach the 1.4M stretch goal!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    DKLond said:
    SBFord said:
    DKLond said:
    SBFord said:
    With all of 2 comments!

I think they will make the 1.4 mil if they get the word out there more about the kickstarter. There's a lot of people here who aren't really into first person games, more RPG people than anything, so I think that might be why the threads aren't garnering as much attention as you would hope. I'm super pumped for a remake of the original System Shock. I played through the second one again recently and have missed the series immensely.  
    DKLond said:
    SBFord said:
    DKLond said:
    SBFord said:
    With all of 2 comments!

I think they will make the 1.4 mil if they get the word out there more about the kickstarter. There's a lot of people here who aren't really into first person games, more RPG people than anything, so I think that might be why the threads aren't garnering as much attention as you would hope. I'm super pumped for a remake of the original System Shock. I played through the second one again recently and have missed the series immensely.  
    Hehe, I did my last playthrough of SS2 cooperatively with my brother not too long ago.

Yeah, you're probably right - it's not really the kind of game the average MMO fan is likely to care about.

However, it's also not the most well known franchise - so I'm just trying to spread the word a bit in my own modest way.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Loved the original, enjoyed the demo, backed the kickstarter. Now we wait . . .