Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaiscioch Guild Reveals Chapter Selection Process - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGaiscioch Guild Reveals Chapter Selection Process - MMORPG.com News

Gaiscioch, a prominent multi-game guild, has laid out an interesting matrix on how 'chapters' move into other games. The process involves a first pass to determine basic eligibility including dungeons, progressive gear upgrades, raids, open world content and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    LOL, another article about this guild here. So do the game developers have to fill out an application to meet their requirements for that guild to play it? I don't think I've seen any games in the last few years that came close to meeting those requirements.
  • FoghladhaFoghladha Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Samhael said:
    LOL, another article about this guild here. So do the game developers have to fill out an application to meet their requirements for that guild to play it? I don't think I've seen any games in the last few years that came close to meeting those requirements.
    You're exactly right, Elder Scrolls Online was the last one that met our bar. The fact of the matter is when we have tried to go into games that do not meet our base requirements things go bad quickly. See Aion, ArcheAge, Black Desert, all were investigated for chapter consideration and all of them blew apart within 2 months. Those core requirements are critical to our livelihood.

Now we aren't saying every community needs to follow our guidelines. We aren't saying every game needs to fit our guidelines. All we are saying is that for our community, which is built a certain way, to support a certain demographic, to succeed these are the things that help make that happen. Every guild will be different. Some things that matter to us wont matter to them. Every guild should think of their own demographic and figure out what it is that makes the games work for them.

We don't want to invest in every game, we want to invest in the right game. We're looking for games we can spend years playing together. Those are hard to find and won't be plentiful.

Regarding MMORPG.com posting about our stuff. It's because we have every major gaming media site on our distribution list for announcements. If you want gaming media sites to talk about you, you should talk to them. Never hurts to send out an announcement and see if it sticks.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    The original post is an interesting read and worth further discussion.

Also to further clarify, only 31 of those items listed are in our Core Eligibility Requirements which are the required 100%.

Once a game passes the Core Eligibility Requirements, we only require a 60% of the full list.
  • MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    How do you pronounce the Guild name Gaiscioch? Is it Gaelic?
    edited June 2016
    It's pronounced Gosh-key-ah. Or at least that's how my grandmother taught me. It's from a middle Irish legend.
    Post edited by Foghladha on
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Interesting read.
    Haroo!