Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

q

UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Simply put, I would not recommend this game to anyone; entirely based on the balance. 

I have zero faith in the developers given that over the last 4 or 5 months, their attempts to balance the classes has only made things worse. 

If you see someone say "awakening", that is a bunch of BS, and their just making excuses.  Our client won't get awakening for several months. 

Never experienced class balance this bad. 

If you want a competitive pvp game, this isn't it. 

An incredibly fun, immersive game ruined by god awful class balance. 

No, I'm not a sorc.
No, I'm not a ranger.

I'm a valk.  A tank.  Who gets 2 shot at the DP cap in battlefield, running every possible buff I can get. 
Developers admit that theirs a balance issue for DP classes because DP doesn't scale well against AP.  Their solution to the problem?  Do nothing. 

And that's not even getting into the cheating, because yes folks, it's still very much alive and well in BDO.  They corrected on half the hack people were using, but haven't done anything about the damage hacks. 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thank you.  =)

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    If you're into pve, you might enjoy it.  

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I saw the title and thought Encounter at Farpoint.  But that's just me.
  • RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

This...

"I have zero faith in the developers given that over the last 4 or 5 months, their attempts to balance the classes has only made things worse."

My thoughts  (I still play the game - as I wait for Crowfall to come out.)

Pros - LOTS to do - will keep you REALLY busy! (which I love). AFK fishing (nerfed), exploring is fun in this game, contribution quests. 

Cons...

Level 56 - when you hit the wall and realize - yup IT IS another Korean GRINDER - been grinding Sausan's for what seems like forever... I honestly can't be bothered to level any of my characters past 56.

Class balance is terrible. Dev's seem clueless as to how their classes actually play ingame - and what class "roles" are.

Iframes in an mmo pvp game? Seriously stupid design flaw.

Mages and Warriors wear the same kind of armour? (have same dp defensive values) wtf?

Random - will drive you nuts - everything is random.

Cash Shop prices are VERY expensive.

No dungeons (well a few - but really their just boring)

Mob AI is terrible in that they are there just for you to slaughter over and over and over again.

Verdict;

The game is worth it's price.

Play a Wizard for GvG.

A Ranger for GvG or PvP.

I will leave as soon as something better comes along.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited June 2016
    Uhwop said:

Simply put, I would not recommend this game to anyone; entirely based on the balance. 

I have zero faith in the developers given that over the last 4 or 5 months, their attempts to balance the classes has only made things worse. 

If you see someone say "awakening", that is a bunch of BS, and their just making excuses.  Our client won't get awakening for several months. 

Never experienced class balance this bad. 

If you want a competitive pvp game, this isn't it. 

An incredibly fun, immersive game ruined by god awful class balance. 

No, I'm not a sorc.
    No, I'm not a ranger.

I'm a valk.  A tank.  Who gets 2 shot at the DP cap in battlefield, running every possible buff I can get. 
    Developers admit that theirs a balance issue for DP classes because DP doesn't scale well against AP.  Their solution to the problem?  Do nothing. 

And that's not even getting into the cheating, because yes folks, it's still very much alive and well in BDO.  They corrected on half the hack people were using, but haven't done anything about the damage hacks. 

Uhwop said:

/ q

and I thought the thread was gonna be about "q"  instead it was a thread about qq

Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter