Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Summer Sale is a GO!

2»

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Mad Max is fun. Worth the money.
    I bought Fable Anniversary for $5 after talking about it on here yesterday.
    Plus Portal Knights and Savage: Resurrection 
    Thinking about The Secret World. I have not played it.
    Savage Resurrection is something I have had my eyes on for a bit. I loved Savage 1 and 2, but the niche nature of those games made the communities so small that there was only one game going at a time. I'm afraid the same thing will happen with resurrection. Have you tried it and seen whether or not the playerbase is big enough for a couple of games at a time?
    The games perse aren't the reason the population gets smaller. It's the devs that stop updating the game to focus on a new one.

I didn't start playing Savage 2 when it launched and it had multiple servers full of people. The game turned dead once they announced they won't update the game anymore to focus on heroes of newerth. No new maps, no new heroes, no new buildings and so on.

That is what killed the game's population.

• KromachKromach Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Anyone interested in Mad Max could try http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc, pretty good price.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Kromach said:
    Anyone interested in Mad Max could try http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc, pretty good price.

I don't touch those shady grey market key distribution sites like this one, G2A and Kinguin.

You never really know where you're getting your game keys from when you buy from these sites, and quite a few of them floating around are ill-gotten gains from identity theft rings and other black market dealings.  For instance, neither Kinguin or G2A actually sell keys directly from their store.  They are an intermediary between their thousands of resellers.  A single point of contact to put you, the customer, in front of hundreds of people who have these keys to sell and they don't really know where those private resellers got their keys from.

If it isn't on Steam, Humble Bundle or Good old Games, then I don't touch it.  I mean, comon, 9.99 for a copy of Mad Max at the same exact time that Steam is selling it for $20.  I don't know where they got that key, or how, but it just doesn't seem legit at all.  I'll pay the extra $10 with the 100% full confidence it will never be pulled from my Steam store.
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Not sure if it is just games on my wishlist, but it seems the discounts are not as deep as they have been in the past.  =)

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I cant stop buying these 80% off games.  So far I've purchased Chilvary, Mount & Blade, Starpoint Gemini 2.  And I haven't even finished the first.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    If you have not tried it yet get One Troll Army!  it is FREE. . . I tried this on a whim and it has kept me from spending money!  Such a fun and simple game.  I actually felt bad for getting the DLC to support the Dev because it was 50% off. . so like 1.50 or something but I really wanted my Gorilla. . er. Troll to wear a storm trooper costume :)

Now time to look at the sale again.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    This summer I decided to go for it. Wait for it... I haven't bought a game in some years. I have received a few games as gifts, but I mostly cycle through the same 5-6 games and  try/play free mmo's. I decided to by the following games:

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
    Shadowrun: Dragonfall Directors Cut
    1. I loved the original Shadowrun and played the new one that came out a few years back. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought both of these games.

Talisman Digital Ediition
    1. Played the board game as a teen all the time. So excited to see a pc version.

Mars: War Logs
    The Last Remnant
    Remember Me

1. These three games looked interesting to me. They had good reviews and I am looking forward to playing them. Pricing was also great which made the decision very easy for me.

Lastly I am currently contemplating Rebel Galaxy.  I will eventually get it, but I have enough to keep me busy.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Sunscour said:
    Not sure if it is just games on my wishlist, but it seems the discounts are not as deep as they have been in the past.  =)
    No other sites have had better sales.  Sites @DMKano mentioned have had better sales for at least a year.  HB also gives Steam Keys.  I did pick up Stardew Valley though.  Nothing on my list is more than 50% I don't think.  Maybe I really don't wish for them :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

I feel like a kid at Christmas.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    H0urg1ass said:
    Wolfenstein: New Order
    Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Picked them up for less than $10 each.

Far Cry 4... got it at $20 but not happy about that.  A two year old game should be at 66% or better by now.

I'm very disappointed that Wasteland 2 is still $20.  It's not even close to the same caliber of game as FarCry 4 and still the same price.  That's a personal opinion.  Guess I'll wait another six months to see if the winter sale is any kinder for this title.

DOOM has a surprisingly good sale price considering it just came out... even better than MGS:5 price which I was also considering and it has been out for a while now.

Mad Max isn't on sale at ALL?!?  That's probably my biggest letdown.  I really wanted to grab this at a good price and have some more fun Batman style combat.
    Did you try Shadow of Mordor? That has extremely close to Batman combat and it's pretty damn good as a game too.
    I'd highly recommend shadows of mordor.  The bad guys actually level up and you can flip a lower level to work for you and help him to level up making it better for you.  Such a dynamic system which should be copied in other games.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Mad Max is fun. Worth the money.
    I bought Fable Anniversary for $5 after talking about it on here yesterday.
    Plus Portal Knights and Savage: Resurrection 
    Thinking about The Secret World. I have not played it.
    The TSWs combat sucks.  But some people say they like it.  Everything else about it except for nerfing skills and unfixed bugs is pretty good.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Ikeda said:
    Nothing nice to say... so I'll delete my comment.
    I'll do that.  I would type two paragraphs of comments on something, decide it's to negative and just delete it.  The world has enough negativity in it already, no need for more.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Sadly the Steam summer sale is the same shit that comes along with each and every sale. And with so many games already in my library I don't really see the use to actually get anything new. I'll only harvest the cards, make one badge and sell the rest...
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    FFIX wasn't on sale....wtf SE....
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:
    I don't purchase directly from Steam anymore, I've switched to humble bundle and other vendors.

Yea I am willing to save money but right now Batman and Shadow of Mordor are full price on humble bundle.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I forgot I don't like single player games.  Every couple years I buy one and quit shortly after.  For some reason I feel like I'm wasting my life away with single player games but not with MMO's...not entirely sure why.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Torval said:
    I picked up a few things that I can't get on GoG which is where most of my summer sale money went.

I got Perils of Man (point and click adventure), Life is Strange (story), Sinking Island (point and click adventure), and a Marvel Heroes pack that was 90% off.

I've mostly been playing Grim Dawn that I got on sale from GoG. Then I went out and bought Diablo 3 because so many people were making comparisons and I've been playing that too. I'm going to be ARPG'd out by the time I'm done. Nah, who am I kidding. I never get tired of that.

Same! Gonna be ARPG'd out. I've got Grim Dawn from last years Steam sale. Then picked up Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest Gold. Still looking at Victor Vran.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Witcher 2 is only 2.99 right now.   Witcher 3 is going for 24$.  Just a heads up.