Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Little Tribute

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
I just heard about this on CU Discord. The story is a little monument to both DAoC community and R.I.P. Hersinde Ilmenblat; Here it is, as told by Zunjin:

"...All those DAoC videos reminded me how awesome the community was back then - it made me remember a special event from long time ago, which most German players might know about:

It’s the sad and heartbreaking but in the same time most memorable story about an awesome German player named Hersinde Ilmenblat, which took place on the DAoC server Lyonesse back in 2005. He was known by everyone in Hibernia and over the borders of his realm. But he wasn’t known for things like a successful guild leadership, godlike skills or epic RvR battles he won but rather for his kind soul, his help he offered EVERYONE who needed support. He organized a regular event called “Wichtelstunde” (brownie hour) for all new players that needed some XP. And those came in droves and followed him - like little ducklings follow their mother – to a good spot where they could grind. He also spent countless hours in the noob area and helped new players with money, items and leveling advice, like many other players did on their realm / server, because back than the community was amazing.

But fate wasn’t kind to him and he died, way too early. His guildmates heard it first, shortly after that his realm knew and in the end the whole server had heard it. The community was shocked. And to honor Hersinde the whole server decided to meet in the RvR zone to pay their respect. 200 to 300 players from each of the three realms, who would normally bash the shit out of each other ... met ... peacefully and honored Hersinde. These are the moments you want captured forever:

After more than 10 years, watching the video still makes me sad and gives me goose bumps."

W...aaagh?

Comments

• setsua28setsua28 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Dam it hits me right in the feels. I miss this game so much.
  • SicczarSicczar Member CommonPosts: 2
    Setsua28 sums it up for me as well.