Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Summer Sale is a GO!

H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
Hide your wallets!  Batten down your bank accounts!

Yes, it's that time of year again to buy 20 games that you probably won't get around to playing until this time next year.. well, if you're like me anyhow.

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I have so many games in my steam library... I really have enough to last me years.. I just ... haven't played them... knowing that, I'll still be buying games on the steam sale most likely.  I always buy all these budget games from steam and get tons of them,  then end up wanting a brand new game and buying from GMG 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I hate it. I keep buying games, just because they are cheap and I might "eventually" want to play them. I'm up to 500 games on my steam library, and I really hope I don't want to buy anything this sale. Too many games to play, not enough time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I have $60 in cart and counting. Must. have self.control.
    War for the Overworld I would suggest for those who are thinking about a new game.

That game looks great, is it a Dungeon Keeper clone? If so that's amazing.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Wolfenstein: New Order
    Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Picked them up for less than $10 each.

Far Cry 4... got it at $20 but not happy about that.  A two year old game should be at 66% or better by now.

I'm very disappointed that Wasteland 2 is still $20.  It's not even close to the same caliber of game as FarCry 4 and still the same price.  That's a personal opinion.  Guess I'll wait another six months to see if the winter sale is any kinder for this title.

DOOM has a surprisingly good sale price considering it just came out... even better than MGS:5 price which I was also considering and it has been out for a while now.

Mad Max isn't on sale at ALL?!?  That's probably my biggest letdown.  I really wanted to grab this at a good price and have some more fun Batman style combat.
    H0urg1ass said:

Far Cry 4... got it at $20 but not happy about that.  A two year old game should be at 66% or better by now.

I'm very disappointed that Wasteland 2 is still $20.  It's not even close to the same caliber of game as FarCry 4 and still the same price.  That's a personal opinion.  Guess I'll wait another six months to see if the winter sale is any kinder for this title.

DOOM has a surprisingly good sale price considering it just came out... even better than MGS:5 price which I was also considering and it has been out for a while now.

Mad Max isn't on sale at ALL?!?  That's probably my biggest letdown.  I really wanted to grab this at a good price and have some more fun Batman style combat.
    Did you try Shadow of Mordor? That has extremely close to Batman combat and it's pretty damn good as a game too.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Yep I'll buy even more games I never get around to playing too, lol.

H0urg1ass said:

Did you try Shadow of Mordor? That has extremely close to Batman combat and it's pretty damn good as a game too.
    SoM is one of the best games I've played in the past couple of years.  You're absolutely right and, in fact, in my opinion it has better combat than Batman.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

So I bought Hand of Fate on a whim.  I like card games, it was cheap and it had high review scores.

I couldn't be happier.  Not only is it a card game, but when you run into encounters it drops you into instanced battles with Batman style combat! Of course Batman combat is my most favorite type of combat in the current generation of games, so I'm just having a blast.  What a great little cheap game!
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    bought up all the shadowrun games that are 80% off!
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    baphamet said:
    bought up all the shadowrun games that are 80% off!

Oooooooo, thanks for that! I didn't even see it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    MAD MAX is 29.99 ps4 version on Amazon?
  • AshestoAshes420AshestoAshes420 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Woot! Didnt know so thank you!
    Oh god. I keep buying games in this sale. Deals are immense. I bought Darkest Dungeon, Grim Dawn, Tabletop Simulator, and Crypt of the Necrodancer. Oh and a steam controller even though I heard they weren't great, just wanted to try one out for myself since I like to sit back sometimes. Why do they have to have such great percentages off. 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2016
    H0urg1ass said:

SNIP

Mad Max is on sale for a little of $20 U.S. but Green Man Gaming is selling it for $17. It still requires Steam DRM though.

They also have a 20% off Voucher available for many games including ones on sale. The voucher may not apply to Mad Max.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    buy TSW ultimate pack, you wont regret it :P
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Mad Max is fun. Worth the money.
    I bought Fable Anniversary for $5 after talking about it on here yesterday.
    Plus Portal Knights and Savage: Resurrection 
    Thinking about The Secret World. I have not played it.
    Savage Resurrection is something I have had my eyes on for a bit. I loved Savage 1 and 2, but the niche nature of those games made the communities so small that there was only one game going at a time. I'm afraid the same thing will happen with resurrection. Have you tried it and seen whether or not the playerbase is big enough for a couple of games at a time?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited June 2016
    Nothing nice to say... so I'll delete my comment.
    I finally finished Hand of Fate tonight.  Good lord were the last three or so bosses challenging, especially the final boss.  I ended up fighting one level for hours and I'm pretty good at the combat system.  I may or may not ever touch this game again though.  

I mean, I like the idea, but he execution has some major flaws such as gaining a Cowardice curse card at the first floor and no priest card for three levels.  I get that it's random, but ffs, sometimes it's "screw you and die!" random and sometimes it's "Here have all the best armor in the game!" random.  I think I like having a little more control over my own actions than this game allows for.

Mad Max did finally go on sale.  I checked my wish list again and it's only $20 now, so I'll go ahead and pick it up.  Wonder why they missed it on day one though.  I swear it was still full price on the first day of the sale.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Mad Max is fun. Worth the money.
    I bought Fable Anniversary for $5 after talking about it on here yesterday.
    Plus Portal Knights and Savage: Resurrection 
    Thinking about The Secret World. I have not played it.
    Savage Resurrection is something I have had my eyes on for a bit. I loved Savage 1 and 2, but the niche nature of those games made the communities so small that there was only one game going at a time. I'm afraid the same thing will happen with resurrection. Have you tried it and seen whether or not the playerbase is big enough for a couple of games at a time?
    No the playerbase is really small right now. I am hoping more people buy it at the $20 price point (Which is what I think it should cost anyway) I am loving the game but there just are not too many people playing it.
    I suggest you to refund savage resurrection.

It has like 20 people playing it. Why? Well this is a small rant from someone who loves the series.

As you might know there was Savage 1 first then Savage 2 now there's Savage Resurrection. Savage Resurrection is not Savage 3, it's a 100% reskin of Savage 1 in a new engine. That wouldn't be so bad for the core fans of the first fame, but it's a slap in the face for the fans of the second one.

Let's go more in detail on why. Savage 1 is deemed more skill based than Savage 2 because only human side are able to block while the beast side has a leap button. Savage 1 is also much more ranged based than Savage 2 and doesn't have the shrine to spend souls for special units. Savage 1 also doesn't have my favourite beast unit, the gargoyle (Shame on you! :P). I personally hate Savage 1 due to the range thing. Even in mount and blade warband, people like to go for the cheap classes because they can survive more. Have a team of ranged people sniping you one by one is not fun for me.

Savage 2 on the other hand is more melee focused. Ranged weapon damage is nerfed and also have less ammunition so you'd have to go to base to restock. Both sides have a block and leap function, with stamina and you can feint-block which for me was more ideal coming from mount and blade. Ranged weapon purpose was to finish running people or to get an advantage before going melee. That doesn't mean all ranged weapons did shit damage. Infact there are some of them that are pretty strong but have low ammunition unlike Savage 1.

So why refund? Yes I didn't say why yet. I just wanted to tell you how Savage 1 and Savage 2 are different from each other since resurrection is based on the first one. Well Savage 1 while not technically dead, there was (And still are) a local group of people that never abandoned the game and kept on playing it for years. When this Savage Resurrection launched, there was a ton of new people trying it out but those people that played Savage 1 for years are going to eat you for dinner with no chance on beating them because they know how to fight well. You see, in Savage 1 the combat takes a while to get skillful in which is not bad but new players where getting matched vs these gods and it's not fun losing with no chance of success so ultimately what you see if you try to enter the game is some of those loyal fans that sticked with the first savage played on the newer one.

Me and my friends where going to get it and they lowest rank where matched with these people and they got destroyed. The company is also known for abandoning games once they start seeing people stopping from playing so there's that too. You can look at their game's history to see what I mean.

Savage 1 - Dead, Savage 2 - Dead, Heroes of the Newerth - Dead.

Once a game starts losing players they slow updates until they halt it completely to focus on a new game.

Sorry for the big rant but this game is my shit and they ruined it!