Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two New All-Access Servers Set to Open EQII EverQuest II News - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageTwo New All-Access Servers Set to Open EQII EverQuest II News - MMORPG.com

The EverQuest II team has announced that a pair of "special" servers will be opening up on Tuesday, June 28th and Tuesday, July 12th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2016
    The Race to Trakanon one sounds fun. Pretty clever. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

Torval said:

It may sound fun, but it's a server and community killer. All this does is continually divide the community and disrupt servers. It means that Live server populations will dip down. This doesn't draw a significant number of new permanent players in. It scavenges from the existing server pool.

It's yet another angle Longdale and DBG are trying to squeeze more money from their existing players. They are subscription only servers. You can never transfer a character off of the sub-only server.

Instead of focusing on making a decent game for their niche players they're futzing around with gimmicks.

isnt that what all the out of touch dev teams do though? You see it in all these niche companies that claim to always be the best and have lackluster sub numbers and blame it on free to play. None of them accept blame for making a shitty game and only listen to the players that pat them all on the back for a job well done when its not even remotely close to a job well done. Funcom is another great example of this as is turbine and trion. They make lackluster games that constantly drive off subs because their games are all so generic and yet they never seem to understand that maybe the talent they hired is the problem and the creativity.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    The idea of a limited time, short event type server is interesting. It may cause a slight dip in overall server pops but once the event is over, people go back to their normal characters and realms. But it does seem that making subscriber-only servers and non-transferable servers is a bad mistake for a game that has lived this long with a very passionate and vibrant community.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I pity the fool that falls for this trap.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    lol the 1 server is a joke...everything but some items are tradeable? meh....no able to transfer on/off ok...

and the 2nd one , is for no lifers ... and limited in time...lets rush everything AGAIN..../facepalm
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I said this from the start. These servers have killed the population on the other servers so badly. You can login and not see anyone for hours. And the people that are calling this a great thing are the worse.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I see plenty and I mean plenty on Maj Dal server, not sure what this population on servers is dead stuff is about.
  • motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73
    servers are not dead for sure see people all the time. Do not agree with what daybreak is doing though 400 dollar guild hall rofl.
  • mrhodesmrhodes Member UncommonPosts: 2
    So, basically the game went from the original Subscription based system, then went f2p.... And now... anyone that joins these two servers are locked into the old subscription setup again.

Seems limiting to me... and not likely worth it for the devs to even bother....