Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon live stream on Twitch - June 23rd

DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
Thursday June 23rd at 6pm PDT (9PM EDT) Visionary Realms teams up with the Who's Gaming Now network to bring you another stream of the game. This time we'll get to see Black Dagger Keep and maybe even a little bit of a dungeon crawl. This is one you won't want to miss. You can view the stream on Visionary Realms' Twitch or check out Who's Gaming Now's schedule.

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Missed it.  
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Missed it.  

Missed what?
    Kefo said:
    Missed it.  

Missed what?
    Thumps head on desk.
    So concerned about the timezone difference didn't check the date. Will try and get it right on the day.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Are you from the future?

Dullahan said:
    Are you from the future?
    Well I am on the other side of the International Date Line, so it is tomorrow here for much of the day......    but really just haven't been paying much attention to the date, 'winter' and June are good enough for most things in my life these days.  Since succumbing to Windows 10 and losing my desktop clocks (I had two for U.S. timezones) I loose track too easily.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    They are going to hold a livestream on the day the fate of world stability is being decided: nice they have balls!
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    YashaX said:
    They are going to hold a livestream on the day the fate of world stability is being decided: nice they have balls!
    People worry to much! Even if they vote to leave, things will be fine. Sure, EU might crumble but things were not bad without it before.

Looking forward to the stream!  :)
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I'll be watching and can we leave politics out of this thread plz.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
     Cant wait. Hope theyve been working on the animations some.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Missed it.  

Nice.
  • fatearsfatears Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Looking forward to this, it might persuade me to chuck some money their way.
    You received 25 LOLs. 
    You are posting some laughably bad content, please desist. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    fatears said:
    Looking forward to this, it might persuade me to chuck some money their way.
    That for me depends on some things. Are we going to see a new area of the game instead of the same place they have already showed off? Will we see the same classes? Would like to see some of there other classes they say are in the game. Just me, but I would like proof of progress. 
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Gotta work.  Will this be saved for later viewing?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    svann said:
    Gotta work.  Will this be saved for later viewing?
    Always is in the past. I am sure it will be found somewhere. 
    The video will probably be on Pantheon's Youtube channel.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Come one come all & feast your eyes. Step right up, son. Everyone's a winner! 
    -Chuckles
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Cant wait for this livestream, ill be posting a video overview of all the new information on my channel for anyone that cant make the stream!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcl2GSqTjsS7hyiCJ5SqahA
    4 hours till lift off.

• RallydRallyd Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Latest stream posted to youtube now for your viewing pleasure.

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294
    Dullahan said:
    Latest stream posted to youtube now for your viewing pleasure.

Make sure you watch at 1080p :)

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78

Great stream, even better than the last one.  I wrote down a few thoughts as the stream was playing last night.  This isn’t a complete summary, but more a list of things that caught my attention.  Sorry for the length, read at your own risk:

• In a 2 hour play session, this group got a lot done.  They explored a dungeon, killed some named mobs, found some new items, and had some challenging encounters.  The pacing seemed pretty nice.  Progress was constant, but downtime was needed to med up before big fights.
    • I loved the world design.  It was very non-linear.  It looks like there was plenty of room for exploration and it seemed easy to potentially get lost if you’re not paying attention.  I also liked the mob placement.  Some were hidden behind walls to surprise the group.  The vistas looked great and the dungeon felt like a dungeon.  
    • I liked the transition from wooden structure to permanent stone.  From mine to ancient underground area.  The world is telling a story.
    • The Zones looked huge and the loading screens were very short.  That’s great.
    • The team talked about having guards monitor lower levels and shoot arrows down.  This sounds great.  If they’re very inaccessible, a group will need some range damage to take them out. 
    • The Perception system seems VERY promising.  Like people have suggested, it would be nice if the perception messages trigger more often than quests/items/secrets are revealed.  Sometimes an ancient pillar should just be an ancient pillar.  Otherwise it removes a sense of mystery and discovery.  If you get a perception message, you would instantly know there is definitely something to find.  Similarly, the idea of a magnifying glass or hand icon might be too direct.
    • The ‘Disposition System’ sounds cool too.  I’d like to hear more about that or see it in action.
    • I realize this is early alpha but, condensing faction messages into 1 line that has a tool-tip might be nice.  Also having links to items that are looted so the rest of the party can look at the stats would be nice.
    • I’m wary of the homing beacon arrows next to the party member’s names.  I like it a lot better than a mini-map, but it still feels like a convenience feature. It also cuts into the usefulness of “Track” skills or players who know zones very well. 
    •  I’m hoping UI elements are highly customizable.  The targeting rings and health bars are useful but distracting and probably not necessary all the time.  If they could be turned off, that would be nice.
    • The group members all had ‘helmet’ icons next to their names.  It would be nice if these icons represented their class.  It would be easy to join a new group and immediately see who everyone is.
    • Personal Pet Peeve:  High ceilings.  I realize it’s to accommodate the 3rd person camera but it is so distracting to me.  I would love to see some more claustrophobic areas, especially in dungeons.  I’m hoping that not every cabin in every village has 20 ft vaulted ceilings.
    • Darkness and torches looked great.  The dungeon was very atmospheric.    
    • Group dynamic looked great.  As content got more difficult it was important that everyone was focused and playing their role well.
    • Situational weapons and armor vs. environmental effects or body-types sounds very interesting.  It should add a lot of depth.

Thanks again for putting on a good show.  Looking forward to the next one.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This game looks to be on track, and should deliver on its promise of an old school experience. I remain excited about it. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Am I missing something here? I know they are going "old school", but couldn't the combat be from this century? They just stood in a circle around the mob and took turns whacking it. 
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    When I brought it up fanbois all yelled in unison in a high pitch squeal akin to a symphony of nerds getting simultaneous wedgies that "IT"S ALL PLACEHOLDERS"