Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darth Smedius posting as never before!

zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Here's another tidbit from the SWG forum. He's really doing rounds today trying to get that damage control up and running. I bet he hasn't been this buisy since he applied for his job.

The truth is the community morale won't improve until the game does. Communication can't fix this. Improvements to the game can. The fact is our communication has improved.. people don't neccessarily like the message is all. I get that. So do our community folks. My preference is that all the posts in the gameplay forum are discussing gameplay balance.. and in-game issues.. but they won't until we get the game to a baseline fun level. We're not there yet. We know that. We're working to fix it. There is no other answer.

Smed

Here's the link: http://http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=632844&view=by_date_ascending&page=8

Comments

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

Originally posted by zipit

Here's another tidbit from the SWG forum. He's really doing rounds today trying to get that damage control up and running. I bet he hasn't been this buisy since he applied for his job.

The truth is the community morale won't improve until the game does. Communication can't fix this. Improvements to the game can. The fact is our communication has improved.. people don't neccessarily like the message is all. I get that. So do our community folks. My preference is that all the posts in the gameplay forum are discussing gameplay balance.. and in-game issues.. but they won't until we get the game to a baseline fun level. We're not there yet. We know that. We're working to fix it. There is no other answer.Smed

What complete incompetence. Games are about the people. and you cannot fix a game unless you engage the people.
    Smedley clearly doesn't understand this and he never will.

WoW wasn't sucessful simply because of its engineering, it understood the market it wanted to go after and made
    sure the engineering matched the market they were aming for.

Smedley has no such direction, or at least, the above, suggests he and SOE continue to be clueless.

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by zipit

The truth is the community morale won't improve until the game does. Communication can't fix this. Improvements to the game can. The fact is our communication has improved.. people don't neccessarily like the message is all. I get that. So do our community folks. My preference is that all the posts in the gameplay forum are discussing gameplay balance.. and in-game issues.. but they won't until we get the game to a baseline fun level. We're not there yet. We know that. We're working to fix it. There is no other answer.

Smed

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
    - Obi wan

I call call BS on Smed's statements that communication won't fix anything. Didn't he say in the other post that one of their biggest mistakes was not communicating with us about the NGE? It is quite obvious that they themselves cannot find baseline fun unless they are guided. I would have to say that this is one of the most ignorant and most obtuse statements that I have ever heard out of someone's mouth. Yo want to start finding fault with the game - nearsighted and slanted vision like this man's would be a good start.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Actually I'm glad all this happened with his posting on the FoH site..

why?

Because I have seen more red names on SWG Dev Tracker today than since the NGE... which is kinda good even if they don't fix the game.

Kinda funny how Smed posting there instead of the official forum brings out more Dev communication than that "big chunk of lost subs".

In this case I don't think late is better than never cuz its too late.

Especially when they basicly just keep saying they won't take into consideration any other approach to the game.  Yes they lost subs before...

Because they never finished the freakin game they launched.  Would have been cheaper and more profitible in the long run to do that than this other BS.

I mean at this point... There is a better chance that Kenny won't get killed than SWG...

but anyway..