Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Close, But Not Quite - The New Site - MMORPG.com News

124

Comments

  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,554
    edited June 2016
    Admin said:
    Anireth said:
    Half the time i click on anything here, i land at the Riders of Icarus website. There something like "sitewideskin"  and "mmorpg" in the url, so i assume we would see the page i land on as skin or whatever, but clearly clicking on the button to display page 2 should not lead me there.

    Interesting enough, it always if i simply click on it, but never if i open it in a new tab or anything.

    I also had some trouble actually posting here, as clicking on the topic in the news also lead me to the RoI page..

    As nobody else commented on anything like that i'm not sure on who's end this is and if it's worth fixing it before the new design, but i had no problems before the down time..
    Is this what you are seeing on the site running right now?  I can look into this - we did some different things on this site skin for the client - mainly trying to get those orange buttons on the left/right to click...perhaps the divs setup for those are flowing into other areas on certain browsers, etc.

    Please let us know your OS/browser and exactly what you are clicking and going to the RoI page.

    Thanks!
    @Admin

    There's at least one misplaced link about Riders of Icarus, I made a post about it here: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6976101/#Comment_6976101

    You can't find it based on the info on my post? I'm using Win 7, and tested it with both Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.
     
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,171
    #triggered

    server issues ruined my weekend and have been a pain in the ass the whole week. I feel for MMORPG.com and understand there pain.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,617
    edited June 2016
    Vrika said:
    Admin said:
    Anireth said:
    Half the time i click on anything here, i land at the Riders of Icarus website. There something like "sitewideskin"  and "mmorpg" in the url, so i assume we would see the page i land on as skin or whatever, but clearly clicking on the button to display page 2 should not lead me there.

    Interesting enough, it always if i simply click on it, but never if i open it in a new tab or anything.

    I also had some trouble actually posting here, as clicking on the topic in the news also lead me to the RoI page..

    As nobody else commented on anything like that i'm not sure on who's end this is and if it's worth fixing it before the new design, but i had no problems before the down time..
    Is this what you are seeing on the site running right now?  I can look into this - we did some different things on this site skin for the client - mainly trying to get those orange buttons on the left/right to click...perhaps the divs setup for those are flowing into other areas on certain browsers, etc.

    Please let us know your OS/browser and exactly what you are clicking and going to the RoI page.

    Thanks!
    @Admin

    There's at least one misplaced link about Riders of Icarus, I made a post about it here: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6976101/#Comment_6976101

    You can't find it based on the info on my post? I'm using Win 7, and tested it with both Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.
    I can make it happen too.  Have my designer on it now to fix this skin or kill those links all together if needed.  The skin works fine on the main site but not the forums for some reason (since the forums are hosted elsewhere from the rest of a site on a separate codebase getting skins pulled from the main site and dropped in is a bit tricky)

    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

    The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited June 2016
    I am a bit worried that the new MMORPG site looks a bit too much like Massively OP, the other really good MMO site I visit. I hope the style and delivery of new content are not as close as they appear at a glance, I enjoy both sites becasue they are fundamentally different and I hope MMORPG continues to be a user content driven site!

    image
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,483
    Bookah said:
    I am a bit worried that the new MMORPG site looks a bit too much like Massively OP, the other really good MMO site I visit. I hope the style and delivery of new content are not as close as they appear at a glance, I enjoy both sites becasue they are fundamentally different and I hope MMORPG continues to be a user content driven site!

    Yeah but Massively OP doesn't have the awesome Posters we have here on mmorpg.com 


  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

    Athisar said:

    Sorry to see things have gone a bit wrong. Must be very frustrating.



    I think the worst is knowing that the site itself is good to go (with plenty of bugs of course), but that we are held back by the hosting. Soon!

    I hear GoDaddy will host ya... ::duck::
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Most failed launch ever! har har

    image
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,472
    Trying to do some pve here but keep getting ganked by Riders of Icarus.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,617
    JudgeUK said:
    Trying to do some pve here but keep getting ganked by Riders of Icarus.
    We thought this was fixed - are you still going to Riders of Icarus page when clicking in non-ad locations?

    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

    The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,800
    You would hardly be the first to be tripped up by AWS... Their reputation has taken quite a beating over the last couple of years. I suspect they have expanded well beyond their staff/infrastructures capability. Only time will tell how long it takes for that to be corrected.

    In any event, I hope things work out for all of you. I know how frustrating it is to be held back by others limitations.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    I like the new one looks kinda identically to older one but there is still a new feeling to it and also feels very intuitive ))) like nothing changed ...this mean good JOB new design well integrated ....often such changes make people confused on basic thing they did before and people hate it but you guys did amazing at keeping website intuitive to community .
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited June 2016
    I was filled with a mighty confusion, but I chose to do my research by looking at the front page until I found the answer to why we were still using the old site instead of creating a rant thread. I am proud of myself.

    From the little I saw of the new design though, I think I'll like it well enough, though it was obviously not in its full glory.
  • dragonsidragonsi Member UncommonPosts: 74
    CORRECTION: "set for the white them," it's **"theme".

    I was wondering why it looked the same. I work 2nd shift and come home around 1 am EST, and loaded this up after eating supper around 2-3 am and it was still the same and no one said anything. I was anxious to read the "Deep Dungeon" article for my FF15 MMO.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,568
    edited June 2016
    It's really come to this? Now were commenting on the new site like were reviewing some over zealous Korean game? If the new mmorpg site has a cash shop I want the jaded consumer costume of course in hot pink.
     
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,494

  • erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 394
    What a lame excuse lol.. Amazon can host this site fine lmao. you prolly configured your server wrong, fucked up your caching in drupal or whatever.. but blaming it on amazon is just utter bullshit.

    blame it on your developer for messing up, thats better.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Sad to say it ... I like this site better. The new one felt like 7/9 of the screen is blankspace or adverts.
  • VodunVodun Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Well, better luck the next attempt. Look forward to the new site, but don't really see anything wrong with the present site tho.

    Good luck!
  • kjohiokjohio Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Bummer :(

    But I shall wait !!!!!!
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Getting the mmo site right, is like killing the biggest world boss, on your own :)
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:
    Bookah said:
    I am a bit worried that the new MMORPG site looks a bit too much like Massively OP, the other really good MMO site I visit. I hope the style and delivery of new content are not as close as they appear at a glance, I enjoy both sites becasue they are fundamentally different and I hope MMORPG continues to be a user content driven site!

    Yeah but Massively OP doesn't have the awesome Posters we have here on mmorpg.com 


    Hehe possibly true, although many of us hang out on both sites, I'm kinda hoping they are less similar than the screenshot showed. I also really like the current mmorpg.com's style but I am guessing the current site has issues on & phones/tablets ;(

    image
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 4,555
    Hey! 

    UPDATE: The new site will be coming July 25th now, not the 1st. Ben and the Dev team need more than a week to iron things out. I'll update the article when I'm at my desk later.

    Cheers!

    Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

    My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

  • RIG4REDRIG4RED Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Oh there's the problem: Azure > AWS.
  • FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 106
    And to think, I was waiting for MONTHS so I could surf the new site instead of workin...errr. Nevermind. Carry on, best of luck on getting the new site launched!
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Wait.....we're talking about this site?

    Dammit!   Carry on...

    "This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

Sign In or Register to comment.