Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Close, But Not Quite - The New Site - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Most failed launch ever! har har

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Trying to do some pve here but keep getting ganked by Riders of Icarus.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    JudgeUK said:
    Trying to do some pve here but keep getting ganked by Riders of Icarus.
    We thought this was fixed - are you still going to Riders of Icarus page when clicking in non-ad locations?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    You would hardly be the first to be tripped up by AWS... Their reputation has taken quite a beating over the last couple of years. I suspect they have expanded well beyond their staff/infrastructures capability. Only time will tell how long it takes for that to be corrected.

In any event, I hope things work out for all of you. I know how frustrating it is to be held back by others limitations.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    I like the new one looks kinda identically to older one but there is still a new feeling to it and also feels very intuitive ))) like nothing changed ...this mean good JOB new design well integrated ....often such changes make people confused on basic thing they did before and people hate it but you guys did amazing at keeping website intuitive to community .
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited June 2016
    I was filled with a mighty confusion, but I chose to do my research by looking at the front page until I found the answer to why we were still using the old site instead of creating a rant thread. I am proud of myself.

From the little I saw of the new design though, I think I'll like it well enough, though it was obviously not in its full glory.
  • dragonsidragonsi Member UncommonPosts: 74
    CORRECTION: "set for the white them," it's **"theme".

I was wondering why it looked the same. I work 2nd shift and come home around 1 am EST, and loaded this up after eating supper around 2-3 am and it was still the same and no one said anything. I was anxious to read the "Deep Dungeon" article for my FF15 MMO.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited June 2016
    It's really come to this? Now were commenting on the new site like were reviewing some over zealous Korean game? If the new mmorpg site has a cash shop I want the jaded consumer costume of course in hot pink.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    What a lame excuse lol.. Amazon can host this site fine lmao. you prolly configured your server wrong, fucked up your caching in drupal or whatever.. but blaming it on amazon is just utter bullshit.

blame it on your developer for messing up, thats better.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Sad to say it ... I like this site better. The new one felt like 7/9 of the screen is blankspace or adverts.
  • VodunVodun Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Well, better luck the next attempt. Look forward to the new site, but don't really see anything wrong with the present site tho.

Good luck!
  • kjohiokjohio Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Bummer :(

But I shall wait !!!!!!
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Getting the mmo site right, is like killing the biggest world boss, on your own :)
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:
    Bookah said:
    I am a bit worried that the new MMORPG site looks a bit too much like Massively OP, the other really good MMO site I visit. I hope the style and delivery of new content are not as close as they appear at a glance, I enjoy both sites becasue they are fundamentally different and I hope MMORPG continues to be a user content driven site!

Yeah but Massively OP doesn't have the awesome Posters we have here on mmorpg.com 

Hehe possibly true, although many of us hang out on both sites, I'm kinda hoping they are less similar than the screenshot showed. I also really like the current mmorpg.com's style but I am guessing the current site has issues on & phones/tablets ;(

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Hey! 

UPDATE: The new site will be coming July 25th now, not the 1st. Ben and the Dev team need more than a week to iron things out. I'll update the article when I'm at my desk later.

Cheers!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RIG4REDRIG4RED Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Oh there's the problem: Azure > AWS.
  • FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    And to think, I was waiting for MONTHS so I could surf the new site instead of workin...errr. Nevermind. Carry on, best of luck on getting the new site launched!
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Wait.....we're talking about this site?

Dammit!   Carry on...

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Might I ask, but why spend money and resources changing something that is fully working perfectly as it is?
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    We got a new site earlier this year, why are we getting another one so soon?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Scot said:
    We just got new forums. :)

@Seelinnikoi : I wish it was fully working perfectly, but it's frankly too ancient to keep going much longer. Hence the move.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Scot said:
    We just got new forums. :)

@Seelinnikoi : I wish it was fully working perfectly, but it's frankly too ancient to keep going much longer. Hence the move.
    Ah okay, since I never had any problem with either the website or forums, this seemed already good to me:+1:

Also, any news of offering a subscription with exclusive perks, contests, giveaways and email capability for subscribers ?:+1:

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Its a good way to build up the expectations. Now we are all eagerly awaiting the new site :)
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    ...but but...we hate change