Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ff14 expansion coming later this year?

WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
Has there been any news on the expansion lately? Possibly an announcement at e3? I know they wanted to get one out roughly every year and in a few weeks heavensward hits the year mark. 

Comments

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    The new expansion pack will be released in april 2017 at the earliest, that is confirmed.
  • WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Filbur said:
    The new expansion pack will be released in april 2017 at the earliest, that is confirmed.
    Oh? I keep up with the news fairly well although could have totally missed it. Where did you see that? 
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    SE confirmed it during their financial results report:

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Can't wait for some new jobs/classes, *crosses fingers for Samurai*
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Can't wait for some new jobs/classes, *crosses fingers for Samurai*
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    3.4 in september , 3.5 december ....4.0 april sounds about right
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Filbur said:
    Only hope is that the new expansion will also be released for the PS3. I actually hope that FFXIV will be around for the PS3 as long as FFXI was around for the PS2...
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Reizla said:
    Filbur said:
    Only hope is that the new expansion will also be released for the PS3. I actually hope that FFXIV will be around for the PS3 as long as FFXI was around for the PS2...
    Sorry man, devs have stated that the new expansion will be for PS4 and PC only, as the PS3 is getting old and being phased out.  You'll still be able to play on the PS3, just not in the new expansion areas of the map that are designed for higher processing power to to unleash the games full graphical performance. 

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Reizla said:
    Filbur said:
    Continued support for ps3 only hinders them pushing the game and making improvements for pc and ps4 from a technical stand point. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Waldoe said:
    Reizla said:
    Filbur said:
    Continued support for ps3 only hinders them pushing the game and making improvements for pc and ps4 from a technical stand point. 

Eventually you have to cut the cord or make your game less good.  I don't play anymore but this is the right move for sure.  So many things SE could have done (and even talked about doing) but couldn't because of "Ps2 limits"
  • LumiLumiLumiLumi Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Filbur said:
    SE confirmed it during their financial results report:

April 2017 will probably be 4.0 - I hope :expressionless: