Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the New MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Welcome to the New MMORPG.com

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Looks good! Though it will take awhile to get used to the new format especially after visiting for many years.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Yep, lots done, lots to go. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Too much white......hurts my eyes !
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    erevus said:
    Too much white......hurts my eyes !
    The dark skin is  incoming. You can use the black (toggle is at the top!) but it's a work in progress.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Im sure a ton of work went into the new site, but my first impression is not a good one. Way too much white.. its blinding. too many pop ups when moving the cursor around, i understand wanting easy access to other areas of the site but this is way overboard. also... why doesnt the whole page scroll up as i look down the main page... the header that takes up 1/3 of the screen height doesnt move out of view, it diminishes screen space and is super annoying.

Im sorry, i really wish i had something nice to say about the new format but i can't find anything positive.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Found the toggle but when I change the background color to black the text stays black making it disappear.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Found the toggle but when I change the background color to black the text stays black making it disappear.

Known bug! @skywisenight will be tweaking tomorrow. As the article says, the Black is REALLY rough. But working on it!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Known bug! @skywisenight will be tweaking tomorrow. As the article says, the Black is REALLY rough. But working on it!
    Great.  Thanks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    So the new site looks good...  But if you ever leave like that again, I'm getting a divorce.

Getting use to the new site.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Neat
  • ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I like it, looks more...polished.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Aori said:
    I don't know if its the many years on the old site but I don't like this layout. It just seems.. like someone threw up a bunch of text and images on a white canvas.
    The darker theme is better to my eyes.  Give it a try.

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    edited June 2016
    For some reason I see the old site at mmorpg.com. Also White letters in white textbox when posting on the forums...
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Radioactive, radioactive

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited June 2016
    elveone said:
    For some reason I see the old site at mmorpg.com. Also White letters in white textbox when posting on the forums...

Same here. Must be a DNS issue.

The white letters in a white Box is a pain too. Need to be fixed.
  • sacredtigersacredtiger Member UncommonPosts: 2
    same here

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    elveone said:
    Same here...
  • gaeshingaeshin Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I'm seeing the old one too.
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    where is the dark theme toggle? Wow. Definitely can't see the comment box. White on white. threads look ok minus the white theme.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    @skywosenight and @meddle are working on the forums. The old site is back up until our hosting folks get their act together. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    edited June 2016
    @skywosenight and @meddle are working on the forums. The old site is back up until our hosting folks get their act together. 
    I think you've made a baddy on the CSS  somewhere for the message box.

To all complaining about not being able to see a thing - CTRL-A to see what you've written for the time being ;)
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited June 2016
    I meant to write something about this new mmorpg.com layout, but writing white letters on white background proved to be so hard I just wrote this stupid message.

• FubarboxFubarbox Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I must be blind. I cannot see the toggle and the text I am typing into the text box is white. So I also cannot see that lol.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I want the old dark and nerdy feeling back. this web 2.0 whit design does not work for me...

mmorpg junkie since 1999

This discussion has been closed.