Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Redesign Feedback Thread

Comments

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    looks like the same as before. no new changes
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    yeah i dont see a new site either lol
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    yea same
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Someone may have said this already, but the tabs at the top don't work.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    New site reverted back to old one.  I'll leave better feedback when the site is more stable.  lol.  Good luck to the staff!
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Most the team is asleep now and is not aware that the new site rollover failed.  We have gone back to the new site until we can figure out what went wrong and try again.  Currently July 1 is the new launch for the new site.  We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope the next attempt will go a lot more smoothly.  

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2016
    Admin said:
    Most the team is asleep now and is not aware that the new site rollover failed.  We have gone back to the new site until we can figure out what went wrong and try again.  Currently July 1 is the new launch for the new site.  We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope the next attempt will go a lot more smoothly.  
    That sucks that they didn't stay up to check but the black text on white background is really nice. Looking forward to the final version of the site. I think the new light scheme will be really nice.
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Anything we can do about the white on white in the leave a comment box until the new site is up?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2016
    Horusra said:
    My time looking at the forums will be much less without it having a dark background.
    It's comin'! Bear with us. :)
    Don't you worry us light background loving folks will flood these forums. Thank God those dark, ugly, old eye-hating forums are gone. Sorry!
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Liked the old colours better personaly

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MrZeeckMrZeeck Member UncommonPosts: 5
    mmmm white text on a white background.. not hard to se at all...You guys really know your stuff. LOL
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Looks like the migration was a total disaster... :(

Oh well, here's hoping July 1 will be the real deal !

And don't forget about the options to change colours, I prefer the dark background with white text, much less eye strain.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    edited June 2016

White on white!

I love the sight

Of not seeing my text

Without a highlight!

Because I'm white on white...

White on white...

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited June 2016
    This redesign is so bad I can't even see what I'm typing.

I had to doublecheck that I was on chrome (site is/was bugged in pale moon prior)

Where the hell did our profiles go? Where's the dark theme? Why's everything such a bare, janky mess?

Message box behind header:

Profile tons of overlapping elements and invisible text: 

This does not look finished, at all. Please rollback.  Edit2: Oh, they are, which must be why the homepage is the old version. Never saw the second page of this thread.. for some reason it showed my post on the first page and let me continually edit it from there too.

Edit: Homepage is still the old design; jesus it's so much better. Forums are the only thing changed right now.

It also still has this invisible text bug, sort of: 

Post edited by DAOWAce on
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I am using forefox, but its white text on white background, so, excuse any spelling mistakes, i can't see wtf i am writing.... good job i can touch type O.o
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Ok somebody has to say it. The white text on white background is just racist. Bill, you are racist!
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Hopefully all these issues are just because of the failed migration. Cause if this is anything what the final is gonig to be like then I think there is going to be some major issues. Soo much stuff broken. Here is to hopeing.
    I'm using Chrome and cannot see this as I type. Also, the old comments are black on black, so I can't read them either (well, it's very hard). Now to hit "post" and see how I did ith my invisible typing...
    Bill, I hate to say this, but maybe a temporary total rollback for a while?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Can't see as I type in either an IE browser or a Chromium based browser.
  • Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited June 2016
    As a webdesigner I find these problems bad. It's not  the migration the code is just wrong. Migrations don't change colourcodes in the system..Also sorry for my spelling, can't see shit haha

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Opera browser cannot see too.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    July 1st is a Friday. To launch on a Friday is bad unless you have staff to fix tings during the weekend.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    I can't see what I am typing on the editor. I hope this comes out correct.

BillMurphy BillMurphy Billmurphy bilmury bilmurply
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Heretique said:
    I can't see what I am typing on the editor. I hope this comes out correct.

BillMurphy BillMurphy Billmurphy bilmury bilmurply
    Please get the name right - it's Mil Burplly
This discussion has been closed.