Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what are the best mmo's out right now.

1235»

Comments

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    syriinx said:
     Rift has everything you like about WoW, but it doesn't have a subscription.
    Smooth combat?  Good performance?  Well done game world?  Lots of options for different races?  Soul?

My problem with Rift is it doesn't have what made WoW great.

And while it doesn't have a subscription, its pushing people towards it more aggressively.  At least WoW you know that you'll get everything with your subscription.  Rift you can't even be sure of that (paying for unlock of an inventory slot, even when you have a subscription, is a joke).

If you don't care about immersion or depth and just want a standard themepark with a lot to do Rift is a fine option, but I think there are better themepark options (WoW, EQ2, LOTRO, FFXIV)
    What is the deal with you guys defending your precious little game? I never said anything negatively about WoW; I was just pointing out that it has similarities, and it does. Syriinx asked: Does have Rift have "well done game world"? I think so, yes; to me, WoW is too cartoony. Does Rift a lot of options for different races, not really, but that doesn't matter to me? No. Soul? What do you mean by Soul? Like in the figurative sense or the actual sense? LOL Yes, Rift has many souls to choose from. 
    I know MANY people who left WoW and play Rift. It's a matter of option and preference; you won't change me, and you won't change them. I mentioned the game because "I" enjoy it, and I have every right to play whatever I wish to. Rift is a fun game; many of my Rift friends left WoW, due to its community, etc.
    Honestly, I NEVER played WoW, and I never will. If I wanted to play WoW I would have played it years ago. I have played Diablo, and that's a Blizzard game, but honestly, I couldn't be paid to play WoW; I know enough about it to avoid it. If people still enjoy playing that game, sure, go for it, but you are trying to recruit me, you won't! lol.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    The best MMO? Is the MMO people like to play.   I never understand, never will anyway, why people create these type of posts on forums.   Some like sci-fi and will head to STO / EVE. While others hate sci-fi and head towards a FPS type of MMO like PlanetSide.   While others don't like playing copy/paste MMO's and still stick with WoW even after 12 years of being released.    Best MMO you ask?  No such thing for the masses. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,825
    Po_gg said:
    LotRO is a really good pick for keep going back to :wink:

AoC is good, even if development is quite slow lately. But if you missed it so far, it definitely worths a play through. Not sure about the pvp part, I think even the Ettenmoors is more active :wink:  Funcom recently merged the remaining two pvp servers into one, so I don't think it was thriving with population.

TOR was great for the class stories, not sure how the level-downgrading and the chapters changed the experience (still waiting for the last one, to grab all with a single month sub :lol: ). Crafting is... meh, AoC's crafting is much better even without the years-long promised crafting revamp. Pvp is maybe a bit more active, but the pvp flagging mechanic is crap (like most flagging mechanics out there)

Newer titles, best one, well, currently I'm playing TSW :wink:  (as a hopper I used to rotate my main games)
    The PvE, the story and the community is on par with LotRO. Pvp is there, I'm not into that but as I've heard it's fairly popular (has all kinda pvp modes, luckily all of them within instances). However, in the crafting department it maybe isn't what you're looking for, it has only assembling.
    PvP on TSW is godawful IMO. Only NWO comes close in terms of how unbalanced it is. Unless you're a fully end game geared player, the only thing you really do in PvP on those games is die in one hit to everyone, since they have no brackets or anything to make it even remotely fair. It's also the reason you will find people afk leeching every match (on TSW), or putting in minimal effort when they can't get away with it (on NWO, since it auto kicks you for inactivity, which TSW's PvP doesn't).

Other than that, great game for PvE and story that I think every MMO player should at least try. Not to mention it has a very unique setting compared to all the other MMOs out there.

TOR's pretty much the same, although it does PvP much better than TSW. The war zones (think WoW BGs) actually put people in similar level ranges together, and have a "bolster" mechanic for those who didn't have the chance to get gear yet. You could technically level from 10 to level cap through PvP (although you'd be missing out on the best parts of the game IMO).

BDO I love for the incredible world, and because I enjoy the crafting, horse breeding, etc... the combat itself is fun when it comes to PvE, although if you're looking for raids and the like, it's definitely not the game for you. PvP is about to kick off later this week now that node & conquest wars are finally coming. So far my opinion on PvP itself though... it's an unbalanced mess due to how gear works, and it's OWPvP on top of that.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,656
    ESO wasnt supposed to be a themepark was it?...None of the Elder Scrolls single player games are themeparks