Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is closest to YOUR definition of P2W

1234568»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kyleran said:

IMO there hasn't been a great MMORPG made since 2004 so I'm not the right person to ask.
    Not for you. Clearly Marvel Heroes is great for many. I guess GW2 .. it sold like 3.5M in its first week. 7 times what Eve has to slowly grow to over many years. 
    Er, I did preface my response with IMO.

As an EVE lover I clearly have very specific tastes, so again, I'm not the person to ask.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited June 2016
    nariusseldon said:
    Not for you. Clearly Marvel Heroes is great for many. I guess GW2 .. it sold like 3.5M in its first week. 7 times what Eve has to slowly grow to over many years. 
    Subscripition =/= box sales...

..also, mixing up different markets is not a good idea either.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, none of them come particularly close. Any time someone cites Pay for Advantage, I consider it P2W. I don't care about cosmetics. Strangely, I prefer cosmetic purchases to be something that no one can get in game so that they stand out as money purchases.

I find xp potions/items/etc are P2W and obnoxious and P2W in most game systems.

Buying in game currency has P2W elements. It can be curbed and somewhat ok to me if the best gear is not purchasable with in game money and is instead only gained by accomplishing things in game.