Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New MMORPG.com Arrives Next Week - General Editorial

124»

Comments

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Prefer white lettering on black background, but that is personal preference hope new means better or more options.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited June 2016
    I have to admit that i'm a bit scared as well for the change. But then.....time has moved forward so you/we must as well. May it be a change for the better! :)
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Looks pretty slick. I've seen the site grow from just basically forums to one with regular features which will be very prominent in the new layout.

User submitted videos could be pretty interesting, too.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    ET3D said:
    I'm sure I'll hate the new site but will get used to it with time. :)
    Same as all of the previous updates! Go figure.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    I hope the new look is not as poor as the pcgamer, gamespot and tentonhammer have become.
    Those sites have degenerated to automated, lean content, with horrible layout design.
    I do not even visit them anymore
  • VaarelVaarel Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Hopefully there is a dark mode option because Its one of the things I most like about the site, it's not black on white like every other site out there.

For my taste I would rather not have a floating nav bar; in my experience it's only caused frustration and obscures the page.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited June 2016
    You considering a site name change perhaps? Since so much of the content is dedicated to anything but MMORPGs may be something like "MMOS and Beyond" would be more appropriate?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    finally, cannot wait until it is live !!!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Posting during downtime, because I can :P
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yep, one of the beauties of the forums being hosted by Vanilla!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    But the forum will be merged with main site after downtime right?

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Nope. Forums will always be hosted by Vanilla, unless @Meddle can comment otherwise. Though he's busy with the migration right now. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Nope. Forums will always be hosted by Vanilla, unless @Meddle can comment otherwise. Though he's busy with the migration right now. 
    Hmm..guess we will have to see to know what will exactly happen. Well, good luck man :D.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Torval said:
    But THE WHITE

Haha! You'll be saved by the black theme. Evan will be tweaking themes for days to come still. :)

My Review Manifesto

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya white web pages are not environmentally friendly. They cost more in energy. I will be switching to the dark theme ASAP.  
    We're almost there, folks! 

My Review Manifesto

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Ogg fears change. Change hurt Ogg.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Won't miss the current version one bit, this is way overdue.