Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sneak peak into the Shop and massive discount!

124»

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Aragon100 said:

That's a wrong idea. Just because something is out there that is expensive doesn't mean people that are struggling have to buy it. It's their own fault if they're so financially inept that they can't buy off their expenses and do not think ahead. Especially for a luxury item and this one is even digital. It's the dumbasses that put themselves into a broke situation that are to blame not the company that sells it. Always. 

If those 83 people are not all in a good place financially then they should not have considered buying a luxury item like that. End of story. Nothing here was out of the ordinary if you ask me. It's about giving back to supporters and giving supporters a platform to donate to it and be recognized, e.t.c in game. 

If you don't like it that's your problem. It isn't illegal nor is it isn't morally wrong either. What is, however, is when you tell companies that they are to blame if stupid people are buying their products without having the means to back it up. 

You can call it wrong all you want, I live in reality.   Reality says 1 or more of those 83 can't afford their pledge

FYI, if you had bothered to actually understand while reading you would have noticed I never mentioned anything about right or wrong.

Me, I find very intriguing that those 83 gave over half the money to their kickstarter.  I wonder how that will affect what happens later.

Think about ...10,752 people donated to the kickstarter... 83 gave over 50%

62 richest billionaires own as much wealth as the poorer half of the world’s population, which is nothing but insane and this greediness started in the 80:ies and so far this gap has just continued to grow. Distributing some of their wealth to common people would create a better gaming world. More could afford to buy computers and computer games. It would also give these usually hard working people the salary they're worth.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/richest-62-billionaires-wealthy-half-world-population-combined

So this trend of game companies adapting to how wealth is distributed is worrying and will if it continues bring more unequal games in future.

I don't think this inequality is just a thing of today if you look at the older times the few ruled and had all the wealth and the many had little.
    Yes it is.

This inequality is by far worse today then during for example early UO. And the inequality kickstarter games bring to games today is huge.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Anyone with a brain knew that their stated goal of raising $900k was BS, and no where near what would be needed to get even half the game they proposed done.

And now we know why: trying to sell HUGE freaking upsells for a game that still does not exist.

Have people forgotten that a freaking MMO is not supposed to be the same cost as a down payment on a car? Or a cheap used car itself?

Even if i were going to "donate" to this game before (and the chance of that was damn small) there is no way in hell I'd do it now, if this company has to resort to this kind of sham to fund itself.

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    lunawisp said:
    CoE certainly seems to upset some people. I can't help wondering if some of them may be the ones banned from the CoE site for cheating the IP system early on. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the constant bashing and ridiculing of the game. Reasonable people without an axe to grind would simply ignore something they didn't like.
    ...or they chose to play those Korean MMOs and after the smart players abandoned the game, they're left behind with noone else to show their newly bought shining ring from the cash shop aaaaaaaannd noone to GRIND with.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Burntvet said:
    Anyone with a brain knew that their stated goal of raising $900k was BS, and no where near what would be needed to get even half the game they proposed done.

And now we know why: trying to sell HUGE freaking upsells for a game that still does not exist.

Have people forgotten that a freaking MMO is not supposed to be the same cost as a down payment on a car? Or a cheap used car itself?

Even if i were going to "donate" to this game before (and the chance of that was damn small) there is no way in hell I'd do it now, if this company has to resort to this kind of sham to fund itself.

I'd rather donate (25-30 $) for a dream maybe come true, than pay 30-50 $ for a polished pile of crap.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Burntvet said:

Not sure why you think it's a sham really. If someone wants to donate to a company to make the game they want and they have that money lying around why not....

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Burntvet said:

Not sure why you think it's a sham really. If someone wants to donate to a company to make the game they want and they have that money lying around why not....
    How can we tell it is a sham?
    Because we don't like the game of course. Proof isn't needed, just an opinion!

How do we know these people will go into debt by donating so much?
    Because we cannot afford to spend so much ourselves so of course others can't have the money to spare on a hobby!

How can we tell raising $900k was BS?
    Because we have Zero knowledge of the project and zero skills in the industry...we just know!

Why shouldn't others spend their money on this game?
    Because someone else doesn't want to and of course that means you shouldn't either!

The reason people make statements like this is born out of pure jealousy or unreasonable prejudice. And of course some people just hate seeing others happy and so have to try and spread the pessimism around. 

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    The MMO genre - where the ultimate gullibility resides.
    So your calling yourself gullible since your on a mmo website?
    Totally, thats why I opted for the 10k package.
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    The reason people make statements like this is born out of pure jealousy or unreasonable prejudice. And of course some people just hate seeing others happy and so have to try and spread the pessimism around.
    It's like if it gets said enough times that somehow makes it true. 
    Yes you are right it is 100% born out of pure jealousy O.o .<- Sarcasm

Well I am sorry to inform you here, but we live in reality, not in your happy happy joy land.

Because we cannot afford to spend so much ourselves so of course others can't have the money to spare on a hobby!
    No, it's simple statistics.  The odds of all 83 people being so well off that (they use benjamins to wipe their bums<-hyperbolic sarcasm) versus at least one of them going into debt or worse, yep I'll take those odds all day every day.

Because we have Zero knowledge of the project and zero skills in the industry...we just know!
    Actually because Jeromy said so.
    Also because the industry says so.
  • DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    It's like if it gets said enough times that somehow makes it true. 
    Yes you are right it is 100% born out of pure jealousy O.o .<- Sarcasm

Well I am sorry to inform you here, but we live in reality, not in your happy happy joy land.

No, it's simple statistics.  The odds of all 83 people being so well off that (they use benjamins to wipe their bums<-hyperbolic sarcasm) versus at least one of them going into debt or worse, yep I'll take those odds all day every day.

Actually because Jeromy said so.
    Also because the industry says so.
    Actually it's nothing like statistics because you are ignorin the other 10k people. You are not comparing demographics of people interested in the game.
    You are simply generalising people based on your knowledge which unfortunately might not take into account the CoE community.

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Actually it's nothing like statistics because you are ignorin the other 10k people. You are not comparing demographics of people interested in the game.
    You are simply generalising people based on your knowledge which unfortunately might not take into account the CoE community.
    Wha?
    You're serious?

Yes I am ignoring the other 10,669 people who donated. 
    I was only talking about the 83 people who donated $1,000+

I thought that was plainly obvious when I said

That's the number of people who spent $1,000+ on the CoE kickstarter.

or

Reality says 1 or more of those 83 can't afford their pledge. 

Evidently that isn't plain enough to understand.

Yes statistically 1 or more of those 83 can't afford their pledge.

Notice I never said fact or 100% accurate (just like I never mentioned right or wrong, but was accused of that. go figure) I said statistically.

This is the problem trying to have a discussion with "fans".

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Again I feel compelled to point out that this thread is purely a misleading lie.  There is NO DISCOUNT.  It still costs $10,000 for Buy To  King

This thread should be closed and sent to the graveyard.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Wonderboy100Wonderboy100 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Again I feel compelled to point out that this thread is purely a misleading lie.  There is NO DISCOUNT.  It still costs $10,000 for Buy To  King

This thread should be closed and sent to the graveyard.

Exactly. It's very useful though that we can upgrade. Glad they're spending the extra time on the feature.
  • ThwaiteThwaite Member UncommonPosts: 83
    looks fake.