Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aging and Perma-Death = RP Feature

123457»

Comments

• DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Actually I believe there will be a point to all talents. (Personal opinion).
     It may just not be obvious to people that are unable to think outside the box.

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    You have faith that there will be a point to talents?  Whatever that point is, it may not be obvious to some people?

Or

I live in reality and not in your hopes and dreams.
    I understand that the point of talents is to have people look under every rock, jump through every hoop, kiss every frog, save every princess, slay every dragon.  All to try to unlock their 'specialness'. 

This is a supposed survival sandbox game.  What's the laziest way to get players to do stuff?  Dangle the 'specialness' carrot in front of them.  It will only take a couple to unlock it to start the stampede.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I think if people are actively trying to unlock those talents when the game is out then they have failed to make it mysterious and rare enough. It should be a very obvious waste of time to try to unlock a talent imo. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Kinda sorta runs counter to mysterious and rare if you tell people there are talents(super special abilities).
    Kinda sorta runs counter to should be a very obvious waste of time to try to unlock a talent if they will be actively taking the chance for talents away from people not participating in the server story and giving that chance for talents to people participating in the server story.
  • FergusRedbeardFergusRedbeard Member CommonPosts: 2
    I'm looking forward to running around and doing one set of things as a young character and then turning around and doing things differently as my character ages.

Then in the next life maybe doing more of the same to push those skills further or to modify and adapt to do things differently.

A homebody one life and an explorer in the next.  All the while, paying attention to world events and the over all story that is going on in the world.

It's an interactive book where we all play various parts and no one plays the same part like most games.