Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else playing here who still has one of these?

QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
Going through my character's wardrobe, and decided to don one of these, got to wondering if folks here who got one, are still wearing theirs...

Represent!

Comments

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Well I guess asking if people "still" have it is off, considering you don't lose it once you've acquired it. But you know what I mean :p
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Havent played TSW in a few months but still have mine ... I hit TSW every 3-4 months for a while ...
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    T-shirt... so average. Trenchcoat, without bad pugs, ftw :lol:

(yep, player statue looks weird)
    Po_gg said:
    T-shirt... so average. Trenchcoat, without bad pugs, ftw :lol:

(yep, player statue looks weird)
    :o When did they offer those? Must have been while I wasn't playing. Durn it.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Yes!  But lately wearing the Dragon outfit for Warrior plus a few extras along with it.

edited June 2016
    First, apologies for the "t-shirt - average" part, was ment as a joke :wink:

Second, actually I don't really remember. Maybe somewhere around the time when Shannon made the mmorpg.com cabal, back in the days? I know it was a limited key supply, made for the site, and the coat was just the extra, it had game-time too, and some other boons.

I think I had a post about what a waste to use it on my main just for the coat, while some other forum-er could play and test the game with it... but I wanted the coat :lol:
    (back then the trial options and buddy keys were more limited)

edit: can't find it anywhere... apparently it was before the cabal, since no mention about the coat and I already had it at the first rampage (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/9001/Murphys-Lawbreakers.html/page/1  second pic, in front of the car :wink: )
    But also later than the t-shirt giveaway in 2012, maybe even 2013 when the giveaway campaigns of TSW were toned down, since no mention about it on the key collection thread up to 2013.
    So somewhere between 2013-14 I guess... Maybe the new forum engine a couple days from now will have better search options :wink:
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2016
    I remember that. I didn't get one because it violates my rule of 'no advertising in a game'. I will not support advertising in a game in any manner.

Edit. Actually if I remember correctly I did get the code but never used it.  That way there would be one less potential ad walking around in a game.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Po_gg said:
    First, apologies for the "t-shirt - average" part, was ment as a joke :wink:

Second, actually I don't really remember. Maybe somewhere around the time when Shannon made the mmorpg.com cabal, back in the days? I know it was a limited key supply, made for the site, and the coat was just the extra, it had game-time too, and some other boons.

I think I had a post about what a waste to use it on my main just for the coat, while some other forum-er could play and test the game with it... but I wanted the coat :lol:
    (back then the trial options and buddy keys were more limited)

edit: can't find it anywhere... apparently it was before the cabal, since no mention about the coat and I already had it at the first rampage (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/9001/Murphys-Lawbreakers.html/page/1  second pic, in front of the car :wink: )
    But also later than the t-shirt giveaway in 2012, maybe even 2013 when the giveaway campaigns of TSW were toned down, since no mention about it on the key collection thread up to 2013.
    So somewhere between 2013-14 I guess... Maybe the new forum engine a couple days from now will have better search options :wink:
    I think it was a few months before the Cabal, since I remember snatching it up not too long after getting the game. (Which was after it'd already gone f2p)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Grunty said:
    I remember that. I didn't get one because it violates my rule of 'no advertising in a game'. I will not support advertising in a game in any manner.
    Not advertising, just fun, for wearing it occasionally on events and sometimes for screenshots.
    TSW has modern setting, so there's no difference whatsoever between my character wearing an mmorpg or an alienware piece, and when myself wearing a TSW piece irl  :wink:
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_world_merchandise_at_welovefine  (and I'm not advertising that site either, since they recently stopped selling TSW pieces, so it's more like just a curiousity from the past)
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    yep I have that t-shirt and Alienware

imageimage

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I still have that tshirt also, along with Curse's and Alienware. I remember trying to get as much free clothing as possible when I first started that game :P
    Wow... well I missed out, then lol. I have the pre-order shirt, and the white and black versions of the mmorpg.com shirts. Hmm... I'll have to be more aware from now on :p.