Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye Bye Skyforge it was nice for 2 month...

2»

Comments

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688
    edited November 2015
    My thoughts-

6 weeks ago i was able to get into a 10v10 match within minutes, now it takes an hour if i'm REALLY lucky and that's only if it's prime time... if it's not prime time forget it altogether.

6 weeks ago 3v3 was fun, as you would encounter different people all the time. These days it's always the same 10-15 people during prime time... if it's offpeak it's like the same 6 people lol

6 weeks ago groups were easier enough to find & form, these days it's not even worth the time trying.

6 weeks ago my pantheon was packed, now there's like 10% of people left and even the few that stuck it out hardly login anymore.

But who can blame them all for leaving? PVE is one giant grind, PVP still has no resolve bar & still no archer 100-0 fix & knights remain untouched, still no new content etc etc just more and more variants of the same crappy pay2win event (in BETA).

Still, i did manage to get SOME enjoyment out of it.
    Though I'm not to sure how new players are going to fair considering the only content they can play is the same crappy single player and party instances over...and over....and over.

They really need to do something fast.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I logged in ran town a constricted ally got to the end of constricted ally, and said, there is a heavy instanced console influenced arcade game running on my PC, how did that happen?  And logged out never to return, lasted 10mins.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    DMKano said:
    2 months of fun is pretty awesome in my book for ANY game. 

If you got 2 months out of it - that's pretty damn good.

Sad.

This whole thread screams modern MMO problems.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:
    DMKano said:

Sad.

Getting 2 months of fun is sad?

So not playing at all for zero fun is better?

Hmm.
    I didn't know playing MMOs was the only fun that existed in our universe.

Yes, 2 months out of a game in a genre based around player progression and a persistent world is really sad.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nah two months is not even close to good for me.I still play games from 20 years ago.
    I shelved Skyforge after day 3 and have no intentions of ever playing it again.

I chalk it up as being stupid,i should have never listened to hype,but i figured it couldn't be that bad,well to me it was THAT bad.
    How long did i actually find it somewhat fun,idk i think i remained interested until the second day but by day 3 i wanted to logout so bad.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited December 2015
    OMG, I would say that game + 2 months of play time is equal to 50 Euro  + 2 months x 10 Euro / month = 70 Euro.   And you only spent 20 Euro.  Why the grind?  This is the free path to unlock other classes I suppose.  If you want to Play 4 Free, then you gotta expect to Grind.

This game is beautiful.  The character customization is expansive.  In some lesser games the gear is nothing more than body paint on the base model.  In Skyforge gear has mass and volume.  The reality of the gear achieved is mindblowing to me.  I know that CCP's put a lot of time and effort in World of Darkness into the drape and flow of gear on the model form.  And low and behold here it is in game.  I don't know for certain that this effort was the reason that WoD was canceled.  But I feel it was, and to see this goal implemented so smoothly here.  Amazing.

True this game has a lot in common with MOBAs.  One might say this is a MOBA reworked into a MMORPG.
    Post edited by Konfess on

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I wish I realized what crap it was before I bought the collectors edition. The spark cap is just retarded. Its a casual part time instanced piece of crap.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I'm playing this now and it's not too bad for a grind-oriented instanced game. I find it to be quite nice visually. No v-world but that's a hard thing to find nowadays.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:
    DMKano said:

Sad.

Getting 2 months of fun is sad?

So not playing at all for zero fun is better?

Hmm.
    I agree with you at least this time, almost every game is worth trying, checking its world ,what it can offer, and having fun for as long as you are, works good.
    Otherwise you cant for instance blame some singleplayer games with 5h gameplay time.. those 5h might be very well worth it, i still remmember Crysis/Battlefield 3..

On flip side yes, some mmo's hold much more content than others, and i like many others burnout on one title than move onto the next one, dont have space on hard disk nor the time to upkeep several mmo's.
    Nothing stops me from installing new ones once i remove the ones i tried it all in.

Currently its Wildstar, with steam launch more people are playing, and frankly im having a blast with the game :)
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    DMKano said:

Rotate between games as new content comes out - go play it for a day or two - this way you never get burned out and you always play fresh content in different games.

Get a dozen or so MMOs on rotation - throw in some single player steam games to break it up and you'll never be bored.

Works great for me 
    /shrug

How does one create any sort of community with this style of gameplay? Perhaps i think too much as a guild leader, but this would annoy the hell out of me even as a normal guild member. Trying to keep any sort of consistent guild roster would be impossible. This is why we can't have nice things!

I'm glad it works for you but for me this would be a huge issue.
  • MerzhinhudourMerzhinhudour Member UncommonPosts: 3
    The thing is, with Skyforge like with a lot of others MMOs, you don't even have access to the best high-level content in just two months.
    I'm playing it since the beginning of Closed Beta, and I've seen the game improve so much in so many ways that if feels like playing an entirely different game now.
    And after overs ten years of playing different MMOs, it's the first one that we can all see change deeply and very quick each couple of months, with new mechanics, strategies and content for all to enjoy.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    edited July 2016
    i playing it for almost 2 months, i continue playing coz some of games i like isnt on market yet.
    SkyForge should change its name to Lagforce
    all the time lag is there no matter what time you play.
    combat system is just plain. battle is frastrating and odd.
    Many times we had wiped out in a boss in many quests, BUT always the 3rd time we killing it very easy, wth is going on with this game?
    boss'es abilities are most time completely none avoidable and fatal (some are 2 touch and dead) and not talkink for final boss only. WTH is going on with this ?
    BUT always the 3rd time we kill it with very easy. really? This is what it piss me of the most. and that is what is make me wanna leave the game.

P.S. Worstest game ever
    Post edited by defector1968 on
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    It is a decent game imo, engaging, lots to do, combat is fun. A big seller is the ability to get premium account with in game money as well. But the all the limits on everything and they only reset once a week. I was out of drops within 3-4 days and kind of stopped wanting to play at that point.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I ended up having characters on NA and UE when one got capped I switch and play the other.  Fun while it lasted but from what I heard God mode wasn't really worth it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Alders said:
    DMKano said:

Rotate between games as new content comes out - go play it for a day or two - this way you never get burned out and you always play fresh content in different games.

Get a dozen or so MMOs on rotation - throw in some single player steam games to break it up and you'll never be bored.

Works great for me 
    /shrug

How does one create any sort of community with this style of gameplay? Perhaps i think too much as a guild leader, but this would annoy the hell out of me even as a normal guild member. Trying to keep any sort of consistent guild roster would be impossible. This is why we can't have nice things!

That's where the problem lies and I'm glad you mentioned it.

Just like the commercials they build in certain social aspects where people create a bond or feeling of responsibility or belonging which will overcome (hopefully) any other potential negative feeling about the game (lack of content, bugs, class performance, whatever, ...).

That way people  keep returning to a game even if they don't like it just to hang out with "friends" *cough* or to help out with group content.

If you have true band of brothers you are connected with them outside of any game and can go out and play whatever title for certain amount of time.

What IS SAD is games build around this FAKE social aspect in order to keep players glued to their title.

In my opinion devs will use any means necessary to secure their longevity in the ocean of games hitting the market every day so don't feel bad if most of them don't win you over as a player/customer for extended period of time, they are NOT supposed to!
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    The bosses were just too difficult when the game started and being at the top level noone could kill them So I quit and have not come back

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited July 2016
    "Bye [insert game], I'm leaving you" 

"We were never together you psycho"

""
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I won the contest on this site for the game. It was really nice and I had full benefits worth about 50$. After a week I couldn't stand it anymore and quit.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Alders said:
    DMKano said:

Works great for me 
    /shrug

I'd imagine the only way to have a guild nowadays is to make it independent of any single game. The player "churn rate" is just too high in most games.

You don't login to game X and ask where your guildies are grinding ingame today.
    Instead you login to your guild's TS or Mumble channel and ask in which instance in which game is everyone at today...
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Your bored, got it.
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Old thread lol, first two months were great. Haven't really thought about it since.

Are rangers still destroying pvp for everyone? Laser guided tactical nukes being fired from behind a smoke screen?
  • ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Guys i am loving it, now you may start throwing the rocks, but hell, this game is great :) a MARVEL