Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VR Is About To Get More Popular Thanks To Bethesda

2»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Phry said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    immodium said:
    Seems like a complete u-turn by Bethesda. Wasn't the main reason John Carmack left id Software was because he was told he couldn't work on VR projects?

yes exactly.

Its also likely why they are not going the Oculus compatibility route
    Seems kind of weird that they would choose the Vive though, its the least popular of all the VR options, choosing the OR would have made more sense given that there are far more of them.
    Seems like they are spiting themselves in a bad case of sour grapes tbh, given Zenimax's history with OR, which also cost them a certain amount of credibility at the time too, crazy really, because in business, you can't afford to hold grudges like that. O.o
    I think the real reason is because Zenimax is currently sueing Oculus so for the case I bet they want to see appear enthusiastic about VR but not use the same tech they are accusing Oculus of stealing (or at least certain members of Oculus)

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Xeno.phon said:
    I would be excited for VR, if it was VR. Current VR tech is little more than a trick on the eyes, it is no more VR than those hoverboards, hover.

Current tech promotes eye strain, headaches and lacks any other form of immersion than simply covering your eyes. A circus trick, no more really.
    Hopefully, these VR gears don't explode like those 'hoverboards'. Lol. Seriously speaking though, I'm hoping they find a way to turn this pseudo VR into actual VR in a few years.