Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello! I need to report a forum moderator.

winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
Hi there! Recently a forum moderator (whom I shall not name) decided that a post of mine was "offensive' & 'troll-baiting" among other things which I simply do not agree with and would want further explanation as to why this person saw fit to issue a warning for it. Normally I don't care about this sort of stuff but this is the second time this person issues a warning to me and doesn't reply to my messages for further and more complete answers.

This time around I decided enough is enough and this guy clearly needs a talking to or maybe I'm being mean without realizing it, however, I simply cannot understand how a simple joke referring quite clearly to the topic at hand (I assume the moderator didn't read it) decided that it was some sort of a troll bait or being mean or offensive to anyone in particular, which I simply, again just disagree with completely. 

So I'm hoping someone superior to this individual can check whether his warning was valid or that it can be removed and hopefully tell him to be a bit more lenient to harmless jokes with no ill intentions whatsoever. To clarify I'll have my original alleged offense quoted here for everyone to read.

I wrote a stickman on a piece of paper and I'm selling it on ebay for 10.000 USD.
But wait. Just for you guys I'll cut the price by 50% so you all can buy it at a massive discount for 5.000 USD!
Don't miss out on this bargain ;)

And here is the topic at which it was directed to! http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/452314/sneak-peak-into-the-shop-and-massive-discount/p1

Thank you for your patience and understanding folks

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited June 2016
    The best way to discuss moderator actions is to contact MikeB

[email protected]

He once lifted my ban when I was unfairly banned (thank you @MikeB ), so complaining to him can really help.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Yeah I had the same problem with a mod. Sent a message to him. Sent a message to him and MikeB. I questioned if the mod was impartial...I got banned. Still no reply from any of my messages so good luck with that!
  • GreenChi13GreenChi13 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited June 2016
    Be careful with this. The guys with like 3,000 and more posts have a vested "interest" in the forums here. Soon as I learned from an inside source the "who's-who" I have really cut back on posting lol.

It literally may not be the mod himself/herself that did require such things be removed.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    this is the second time this person issues a warning to me and doesn't reply to my messages for further and more complete answers.

Actually they are not supposed to reply to you.

If you have any issues with moderation, as others have indicated, you need to send a message to MikeB.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    As much as I love this site, the moderation is absolutely abysmal. They'll keep un-banning a person who does nothing but troll about the same topic, and even admits that they're just here to start trouble, but as soon as you point them out as a troll, you get a warning.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited June 2016
    Be careful with this. The guys with like 3,000 and more posts have a vested "interest" in the forums here. Soon as I learned from an inside source the "who's-who" I have really cut back on posting lol.

It literally may not be the mod himself/herself that did require such things be removed.
    I have far more than 3k posts, I got a warning last week for saying "how many ban does it take"..., the warning only lasts for a week... no big deal, certainly didn't come here to complain about it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited June 2016
    Imo, the biggest issue about moderation system is actual reporting.

You should report a Thread to attention of moderators, not particular posts.
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I got flagged for this joke in the same topic which I still think is funny and so would my crossfit sister or my vegan nephew.

""Zultra check Out Bernie Madoff's KickStarter hehehe he went to prison for it. The fans of XXX remind me of family guy when a random guy takes out his wallet and slaps photos of his kids in the face of another dude like 1000 times.

or people that are into crossfit

or vegans

Did I tell you about my kickstater? its about a game developed by vegan crossfitting programmers aimed at making games about their kids""

that's - h u m o r - .
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    lol so much untrue garbage in this thread its not even funny. I've been banned multiple times here for trolling and Ive known many people here over the years who had 6 and 7k posts be banned. There is no vested-interest in a free site that half the community ad blocks their revenue anyways nor does it matter if a 5k post member leaves the site and does not come back. All you have to do is look at the giveaways here to know there are millions that frequent this site weekly. Mods here do not have personal agenda's, I've been banned for retaliation and trolling and being a dick before which I deserved and saying condescending smartass statements when you got a warning and banned before pretty much just means you got reported again and the mod remembered you being warned before for doing similar before. Ive also gotten away with plenty of stuff here , probably far more than I deserve so saying the mods suck here is stupid at best. Go post on any forum smart statements over and over and see how long you last there. Free speech on a private website doesn't give you the right to be an ass just like walking into a bar talking smack doesn't give you the right not to take one to the jaw either.
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    TL:DR -I'm trolling this thread.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    The moderation on this site is very heavy handed, but it is their choice really. You get warning just for calling people trolls.... that are obviously trolling. I would say I do not agree with about 2/3 of the warnings I have gotten honestly.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    cronius77 said:
    lol so much untrue garbage in this thread its not even funny. I've been banned multiple times here for trolling and Ive known many people here over the years who had 6 and 7k posts be banned. There is no vested-interest in a free site that half the community ad blocks their revenue anyways nor does it matter if a 5k post member leaves the site and does not come back. All you have to do is look at the giveaways here to know there are millions that frequent this site weekly. Mods here do not have personal agenda's, I've been banned for retaliation and trolling and being a dick before which I deserved and saying condescending smartass statements when you got a warning and banned before pretty much just means you got reported again and the mod remembered you being warned before for doing similar before. Ive also gotten away with plenty of stuff here , probably far more than I deserve so saying the mods suck here is stupid at best. Go post on any forum smart statements over and over and see how long you last there. Free speech on a private website doesn't give you the right to be an ass just like walking into a bar talking smack doesn't give you the right not to take one to the jaw either.
    While I understand your point this is often more like walking into a bar for a quiet pint and someone coming up to you, asking what you are looking at, punching you, then getting barred from the pub for fighting. 

I take my warnings when deserved. But I have received several for posts that even after re-reading them cannot see why the mod warned me for it. And when I questioned the mods impartiality I got banned...proving my point of course but sure it is a free site but if you are going to try and run a professional site you have to also act professionally. If a mod gets it wrong the solution is not to ban the poster for questioning it but to get it right. 
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Is good they warn you for calling people trolls, The majority of the time people use that term its cause they disagree with something but are too inept to say something useful. Warning people might stop that idiotic practice.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Inb4Lock?

I dunno what really constitutes bans these days.  I know I should have been temp banned several times..  I have been temp banned several times.  I dunno whats going on these days. 

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401

I wrote a stickman on a piece of paper and I'm selling it on ebay for 10.000 USD.
    But wait. Just for you guys I'll cut the price by 50% so you all can buy it at a massive discount for 5.000 USD!
    Don't miss out on this bargain ;)

And here is the topic at which it was directed to! http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/452314/sneak-peak-into-the-shop-and-massive-discount/p1

Thank you for your patience and understanding folks
    He prolly didnt read it through ,its a funny joke xD  ,but at the first glance it seems as though you are selling something for real money :)  Stickman or not, people have paid 100.000$ for few pixels and bits in games before, you might get your paper sold yet. You overestimate human capacity to think.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone can be warned or banned if they break certain rules. I know I've gotten several warnings and even a 3 day suspension a long time ago.
     xD   thats ridiculous, i mean not the ban, but the time ,its the effort that counts, CM wants to show he is here, and that he cares about what we write
    but really, its a forum, you wont risk making someone angry ,becouse he can just create another account and come back twice the angry and spam happy, id just warn and ban ppl for small amounts of time if they made real mistakes too, its only logical and fair.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited June 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone can be warned or banned if they break certain rules. I know I've gotten several warnings and even a 3 day suspension a long time ago.
     xD   thats ridiculous, i mean not the ban, but the time ,its the effort that counts, CM wants to show he is here, and that he cares about what we write
    but really, its a forum, you wont risk making someone angry ,becouse he can just create another account and come back twice the angry and spam happy, id just warn and ban ppl for small amounts of time if they made real mistakes too, its only logical and fair.
    Bans of different lengths of time are usually given dependent on how egregious the offense and whether they are repeat offenders for that particular offense. Obviously it's dependent on a particular forums rules.

So a 3 day, a week, etc is not ridiculous. 

I'd argue that making someone "angry and spam happy" is just going to get that person an immediate ban and then it comes down to how devoted is that person to constantly making a new account so he/she can troll.

In the end they can be banned in essentially "one click" and it's the purpose of moderator to be there and do that so it's no skin off his/her nose, it's just part of the job.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    90% of the messages in this very thread were moderated by @Vaross

In fact, we have all been moderated and are simply communicating in a recycling bin while the real conversation continues outside.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    As has been stated, if you wish to discuss moderator action, please contact MikeB
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.