Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a ''serious fantasy'' MMORPG, could use some advice :)

2»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Sovrath said:
    observer said:

Because there's this thing called immersion.  Some might like it being broken, but many do not.  They want to escape their real lives to be immersed into another universe, world, etc.

Would you willingly watch Star Wars, if out of nowhere, a German Polizei car shows up in a scene, without any correlation to the story?
    And what right do you have to dictate whether the police car is immersive or not in tera? It is the developers fantasy and they decided that police car is immersive in their fantasy.

But dumping a police car into a world where nothing else is like it is just for kicks.
    That my friend is what fantasy is, a "kick" just for the sake of it. No matter how you want to rationalize fantasy it is still nonsense. So let's agree to disagree on this matter.

I have taken this off topic and i am sorry for this OP. My apology.
    no that would be incorrect and I think anyone in Literature or gaming or Film would not only disagree with you but many could likely give you much better answers as to why then we can

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    How can fantasy be anymore exaggerated than it already is? By definition fantasy is nonexistent nonsense, can it be more exaggerated than that?
    Absolutely. Like most things, it's a matter of degree.  Some people like a relatively low fantasy level where the world is relatively 'normal', or you have extremely high fantasy where everything is dragons, mages, upside down waterfalls, etc.

I self identify as a monkey.

mgilbrtsn said:
    How can fantasy be anymore exaggerated than it already is? By definition fantasy is nonexistent nonsense, can it be more exaggerated than that?
    Absolutely. Like most things, it's a matter of degree.  Some people like a relatively low fantasy level where the world is relatively 'normal', or you have extremely high fantasy where everything is dragons, mages, upside down waterfalls, etc.
    however, if you throw in a honda civic, a flying car with flames, dancing rainbow bears and drunk unicorns what is it then?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'd have to concur with some others

Sounds like ESO has a lot of what you're looking for.  

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27

I believe ESO might suit you

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    SEANMCAD said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    however, if you throw in a honda civic, a flying car with flames, dancing rainbow bears and drunk unicorns what is it then?
    TOTAL MADNESS ULTRA FANTASY!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Sovrath said:
    observer said:

Because there's this thing called immersion.  Some might like it being broken, but many do not.  They want to escape their real lives to be immersed into another universe, world, etc.

Would you willingly watch Star Wars, if out of nowhere, a German Polizei car shows up in a scene, without any correlation to the story?
    And what right do you have to dictate whether the police car is immersive or not in tera? It is the developers fantasy and they decided that police car is immersive in their fantasy.

But dumping a police car into a world where nothing else is like it is just for kicks.
    That my friend is what fantasy is, a "kick" just for the sake of it. No matter how you want to rationalize fantasy it is still nonsense. So let's agree to disagree on this matter.

I have taken this off topic and i am sorry for this OP. My apology.
    er, I think it's you who are rationalizing as there is no "good design" there. But sure, let's agree to disagree. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    SEANMCAD said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    TOTAL MADNESS ULTRA FANTASY!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    I think if 'fantasy' really meant 'anything goes' then there would be a LOT more books and games that took it that direction. just sayin

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    SEANMCAD said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    It all amounts to flavor.  Do you like chocolate or Rocky Road.  Their both flavors, it's just a matter of preference.  Those unicorns, gotta stop drinking.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited June 2016
    mgilbrtsn said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    It all amounts to flavor.  Do you like chocolate or Rocky Road.  Their both flavors, it's just a matter of preference.  Those unicorns, gotta stop drinking.
    like rocky road or chocolate its helpful to have a word that is a differentiator between
    this: 

and something like this:

or this:

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    FF XIV; GW2, Age of Conan, and possibly LOTRO and Darkfall.