Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignore option for threads

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
Helloz!

I know that there is little to nothing you guys can do about the forums and while the Vanilla-team is known to be rather supportive, they seemed to have ignored previous input so far.

I would still like to drop this here and suggest an option to ignore topics. Not because i'm a grumpy old codger and get mean all the time, but sometimes various topics i'm not interested in stay afloat in "recent discussions" forever and just don't want to leave the first page.
We have bookmarks (does anybody use that feature?) to keep track of topics, so why not ignore some as well? At least an option to untag them, so that i don't see that 198 people have answered since i accidently clicked a topic weeks ago.

Ok, that was that.

Then on a sidenote i'd like to say that i find it too bad that this section has indeed come down to "SITE suggestions" only.
Since the switch to the new forum, it doesn't really apply to anything but the mainpage anymore.
Many people have suggested and are waiting for colored text, underline, paragraphs getting fixed (arrghh!!), 60sec edit timer since the forum has launched and nothing ever happened.
While i suppose that people spend way more time on the forums than on the mainpage and have to fiddle with bugs and inconvience on a daily basis here, it seems that we can only suggest stuff for the mainsite -that will then be considered when the "new website" launches.(running gag alert!)

That being said, i'd like to add that i love everybody in this forum right now and in this very moment!

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Ignore topics would be ideal.. would LOVE to see that.... good suggestion.

Colored text and underlines and such, would be nice to have those features back.

I don't love everybody on this forum right now also.. I think loving everybody in this forum is a bad site suggestion.  I will have an opt in to love @Volgore .. if only in this thread and in this particular moment. 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Volgore said:
    Helloz!

I know that there is little to nothing you guys can do about the forums and while the Vanilla-team is known to be rather supportive, they seemed to have ignored previous input so far.

I would still like to drop this here and suggest an option to ignore topics. Not because i'm a grumpy old codger and get mean all the time, but sometimes various topics i'm not interested in stay afloat in "recent discussions" forever and just don't want to leave the first page.
    We have bookmarks (does anybody use that feature?) to keep track of topics, so why not ignore some as well? At least an option to untag them, so that i don't see that 198 people have answered since i accidently clicked a topic weeks ago.

Ok, that was that.

Then on a sidenote i'd like to say that i find it too bad that this section has indeed come down to "SITE suggestions" only.
    Since the switch to the new forum, it doesn't really apply to anything but the mainpage anymore.
    Many people have suggested and are waiting for colored text, underline, paragraphs getting fixed (arrghh!!), 60sec edit timer since the forum has launched and nothing ever happened.
    While i suppose that people spend way more time on the forums than on the mainpage and have to fiddle with bugs and inconvience on a daily basis here, it seems that we can only suggest stuff for the mainsite -that will then be considered when the "new website" launches.(running gag alert!)

That being said, i'd like to add that i love everybody in this forum right now and in this very moment!

So, to be clear, what you're asking for is the ability to hide topics that appear in the feed? I don't think we can do this, but I will ask.

Anything to do with the functionality of the editor is basically out of our hands. Whatever its got is all we have unless Vanilla updates the editor. What is the 60-second edit timer issue you're referring to?
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    MikeB said:

So, to be clear, what you're asking for is the ability to hide topics that appear in the feed? I don't think we can do this, but I will ask.

Anything to do with the functionality of the editor is basically out of our hands. Whatever its got is all we have unless Vanilla updates the editor. What is the 60-second edit timer issue you're referring to?
    Hi Mike!

Every topic has this little star to bookmark it, while left next to it is an icon for "options" that opens a small menu which only contains "dismiss".
    I was thinking of another option in here to hide a topic.

A timer of ~60 secs to edit your post was meant in the way that after posting a comment the user has 60 seconds to edit it without getting the red bar "Post edited by XYZ on May 30" underneath.

I case of typos, paragraph or general formating issues, i think one minute of free editing would be nice.