Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Things in Small Packages

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBig Things in Small Packages

In this week’s Camelot Unchained (CU) update City State Entertainment (CSE) brought us another small update with a bit of big news sprinkled in for those of us paying close attention. Not being one that generally pays close attention (to anything and certainly not for very long) I almost missed it myself!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Lockboxes? Ohh.. rift. I get dizzy just thinking about wearing one :)

Back to cube, it is the only game in town.. so that is what we do and what we talk about. I am starting to feel the winds of change as spring wanes and the heat of summer is starting to beat down on us. BETA is just around the corner.

Nanulak

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    What the heck kind of ranting article was that? Had to give up after a minute.
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    the style and art of the swords is so beautiful. pls make it look like this in the game too. by that i mean make it look heavy and realistic and gritty. make it look believable. not like plastic or floaty or unrealistic or without impact. one huge parts of rpgs is for me how i look in a game. thats physical sign of my charácter progression. make me feel awesome about finding a sword.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

Borluc said:

What the heck kind of ranting article was that? Had to give up after a minute.

When you read Timothy's stuff, you have to keep in mind that it's a "blog" rather than some type of news article.

And, tbh, I'm not sure what he was talking about in half of this one. 70% of what he writes can be considered either ranting or incoherent.

As to the parts I did understand:

"I get the importance of C.U.B.E., I get why it needs to be built first but I REALLY hope CSE is staying on target and not getting C.U.B.E. fever."

The CUBE fever might seem uninteresting and worrisome, but it really is that important. It will be the #1 performance affector(not sure what the proper word to use is here).
    In a game focused on huge PvP battles, the performance of their voxel-type system can make or break the entire project.
    I think Crowfall is attempting something similar with voxel-destruction and last I heard their performance is still a pretty big concern they haven't conquered...

What makes CUBE so much more fascinating is that it will be so much better in performance and capability(in theory), since they are coding the entire system from scratch rather than fighting against Unity,etc. like Crowfall and the others are doing.

It should be leaps and bounds ahead of its competitors, if the things they are saying about it are remotely true. It could very well be the primary system that sets it atop the Indie mountain that's building up currently.

Obviously, I much prefer reading about the actual game, same as everyone else. Still, their CUBE system is pretty impressive and worth boasting about(again, assuming it works as well as they are saying).

CUBE may not "be a game in itself" but it is basically the spine of everything CU wants to do. Their entire crafting and siege systems and such being built on its back.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    The Oculusforest was clear from eight lengths down, though an arrow could not reach the intended destination between the viewing devices.
  • TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I understood what you meant, and I did not even have to use my special twin sense.

Coherence is over-rated!

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Let's pray its not another Landmark/EQN.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I'm happy for those that will enjoy, maybe combat is awesome, ... but graphics after watching last videos still reminds me Prince of Persia from 30+ years ago. :-)
  • Oldtimer50Oldtimer50 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Just stumbled across this site and game conversation.
    So many questions.
    Wondering if this is appropriate place to ask.
    Followed the trail of Mark Jacobs after Mythic and ended up here
    I have impression that his team is not trying to build a better mouse trap but a whole new system,
    So many questions
    Something familiar yet different.
    Outsider looking in, is it working?
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Just stumbled across this site and game conversation.
    So many questions.
    Wondering if this is appropriate place to ask.
    Followed the trail of Mark Jacobs after Mythic and ended up here
    I have impression that his team is not trying to build a better mouse trap but a whole new system,
    So many questions
    Something familiar yet different.
    Outsider looking in, is it working?
    Hey @Oldtimer50 welcome to the site! Regarding "So many questions"...

If you want some controversy and "unofficial" stuff, check posts in articles/threads here ( say, articles - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/926 ...and especially CU forums - http://forums.mmorpg.com/categories/camelot-unchained ), or CU reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/CamelotUnchained/

Otherwise, official site (say, all kinds of links on the top - wiki, media/videos, artwork...) or Mark's posts on Massively OP - he is quite active there (unlike, unfortunately, on reddit) and if you ask a question in comments early enough (that would be on a day when thread is created or maybe a day later) you will almost certainly get an answer from him. Here is Massively OP's Camelot Unchained "feed" - http://massivelyop.com/?s=camelot+unchained - just check the comments.

Will it work? Nobody knows, but we are here to help as much as we can.

W...aaagh?