Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No MMORPGS to get excited about for the foreseeable future

Comments

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    sorry to necro this thread but IM STILL BLOODY WAITING ON A DECENT GAME LOL !

Any suggestions?
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    rush1984 said:

Any suggestions?
    No, sorry. I'm so disillusioned with MMO's at the moment. I don't believe a word out of any of their mouths anymore. They pretty much gave up trying to give us what they promised when these games first came out. That of a real persistent world where anything is possible. 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Is Maple Story 2 coming to the west anytime soon? That's pretty much it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Not surprising. Even Blizz decides not to make new MMORPGs. 

On the bright side, there are tons of other fun online (or not online) games. It is not like we are running out of entertainment any time soon.
    "I wouldn't say no to ever doing an MMO again," Morhaime said."

They're taking a break for the time being it seems. Probably a wise decision, but it's not as black and white as you seem to obsess over.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2016
    rush1984 said:

It really seems that mmorpgs are dying to me

I havent gone this long without being hyped for one mmorpg or another for so long, seems to me devs aint listening to what long term players and cater to the play 1 month and move on players.

All the games coming up crowfall, camelot unchained to name a couple just seem meh and everquest next well if that actually gets made i cant see it being any good, Its like they have no idea what players want :S

Nope i really think this is it for now, maybe between 2018-2020 some good mmorpgs will get made using oculus rift or something  which might be pretty cool seems like a long time  to wait:(

I want a mmo to keep me interested like wow did back in vannila through to tbc , but that doesnt seem like its possible anymore.

Its not that MMORPG's are dead, they are dying because of the Ignorance of developers in every MMORPG I have played, there are aspects, and changes that can be made to fix the games make them more fun make people want to stay, but its simply about "Pay 2 Win" "Pay 2 Enjoy" no longer about actually having fun but the company milking customers for money...

And when a person makes suggestions or tells em to make a change, or they are leaving they never listen for example GW2 many expensions, None of the simple things done (No boss timers on maps) which makes sure players can go to the events and know when they are up, even a Mobile APP easy to program would be great to alarm when a boss is going to spawn or such...

Arche Age, Performance is bad, 2.9 Just spams my mail with contracts, nothing interesting, over all not impressed with the game massive grind fest, milking cows for money costs me around $400 or so dollars every 6 months or lots of in game farming not fun anymore, the biggest problem however is the Timed events that are forced on players, and the inventory which over-flows even when maxed out with warehouse because farming the dungeons or whatever it was called forgot the name "GHA" doesn't even give materials that can be stored in chests only bound chest and so on rather than having a "Material" "Wardrobe" only storages in game per character that stores everything and saves so much inventory space (Things like this make me quit games.)

FFXIV, Housing too hard to get, too limited, too much tending to plants, the combat feels dull unless you like turn based combat really... 

Over-All we need more games like (Rift) (Skyforge) (FFXIV) which have no class restrictions per character, as well as housing on every character that is actually affordable like RIFT, but allow farming on instanced land the user owns similar to what I believe Shards, and Crow Fall might be like, although shards I expect to fail because of allowing players to have their own rule-sets, and players can't bring in / take out their own gear with them.

There is a reason MOBA's are doing better lately, less time wasted, more action.
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Originally posted by whiteoak21
    maybe you should look for Tree of Savior its like the successor of Ragnarok online  

Ragnarok was the most boring asian grinder ever, whytf would we want a successor?

Blade and Soul? Puuuuulease. It's just another asian button spammer with too few races, yet again. 1 month wonder anyone?

Pantheon, EQNext, Project Gorgon and Star Citizen could all be vaporware.

Anyone that's played Camelot Unchained knows it is nowhere near as good as DAoC.

Skyforge is just a worse Tera

Looks like a pretty bleak future to me.

Really, youve played Camelot Unchained? When and where can I get in? ;)
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited June 2016
    rush1984 said:

Any suggestions?
    Try Vendetta Online

edit: here's a good article on the game by MMOBro I just stumbled across: http://www.mmobro.com/2016/04/10/vendetta-online-eves-unsung-competitor/

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    rush1984 said:

Any suggestions?
    World of Warcraft
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    People on these forums keep hinting there is MMOs in the works. One developer saying that almost every major MMO company has at least one secret project in the works. 
    Wizardry said:

Cash shops killed the market

Yes they did for several reasons.Devs just rush out fast games,everyday a game is not out is money not brought in,so they rush a shallow shell of a game.What they rely on is if it fails,so what lose little,they can try 5-10x for the a fraction of the cost it would take to make a really good triple A game.Then on the flipside if they can get enough interest which isn't hard when you look at some of the games people have been buying,they just start adding in cash shop grabs.

Also cash shops become the focal point of the game instead of the game itself,example SC so far is all about ship purchases.The fact they could raise so much money off of ONLY ships really shows how easy it is to make money not delivering anything,just promises.
    No they didn't, the market just returned back to normal.  It's back to pre-wow days.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Cecropia said:

On the bright side, there are tons of other fun online (or not online) games. It is not like we are running out of entertainment any time soon.

They're taking a break for the time being it seems. Probably a wise decision, but it's not as black and white as you seem to obsess over.
    So how long is this "break"? Is there a MMORPG they are working on that I am not aware of?

Is the statement that "blizz decides not to make new mmorpg" wrong at this time? And why are you obsessed to insist that a company that has no plans to make a mmorpg will do so in the future?
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Cecropia said:

So how long is this "break"? Is there a MMORPG they are working on that I am not aware of?

Is the statement that "blizz decides not to make new mmorpg" wrong at this time? And why are you obsessed to insist that a company that has no plans to make a mmorpg will do so in the future?
    Nanfoodle said:
    People on these forums keep hinting there is MMOs in the works. One developer saying that almost every major MMO company has at least one secret project in the works. 

With pizza there are two options, hot pizza and not hot pizza. Many folks like to eat the pizza while it's fresh out of the oven or microwave, still there are many folks that would rather eat the pizza after it has cooled off, or cooler, or even frozen.

If you're eating frozen pizza aka ( pizzacles ) I like to call them pizzacles sometimes , I made that word up but it's supposed to indicate that the pizza is frozen and it's still pizza and you can eat it kind of like a popsicle if you would like, only you should bite into it because if you just lick the pizza eventually it will thaw out and be soggy bread.

Soggy bread is one of the worst things in the world unless you're making some hobo cereal with sugar, milk, cinnamon, and butter. This is ok as long as you toast the bread and then add it into the mixture where it becomes soggy. Other than that, soggy bread is abosolutely horrible.
    Robokapp said:
    Cecropia said:

sounds like you got an agenda...
    Yes, i have an agenda to have fun. And why is that so special? Everyone here has an agenda.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Crowfall?
    Star Citizen?
    Camelot Unchained?
    Chronicles of Elyria?
    etc.

There's a lot of upcoming ones.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    observer said:
    Crowfall?                           Yawn
    Star Citizen?                      Vaporware??
    Camelot Unchained?       donated to the kickstarter but not going to play
    Chronicles of Elyria?        great for a laugh, how soon will this one die?
    etc.

LOL
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited June 2016
    The influx of F2P games cheapened the mmorpg experience. Most games are just blase and boring. There might be some goods ones being made in the indie market but you can hardly rely on that process. I think console gaming is gaining on PC games, thus further isolating PC type games. The real bottom line is talent. I firmly believe the best talent is not making games anymore. Many games today are akin to a a paper mill; churning out run of the mill games with cash shops that nobody cares about. Also you have China copying anything good and re-branding it with another name. That is further escalating the already massive monetary problems most companies are dealing with. I feel this is a depressing situation for Gamers in the future.

You never know maybe things might change but it looks bleak for PC and bright for Console in my opinion, and I'm sure not everyone agrees with me making this thread an interesting source of information.

It is not like there aren't other types of good games. If tehre is no mmorpgs, play something else?
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    observer said:
    etc.

LOL
    Which past mmos would you consider great then?  Let me guess, you hated those too.  Typical mmo gamers, always looking for the non-existent, "perfect", mmo.  :confused:
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    edited June 2016
    observer said:
    Crowfall?
    Star Citizen?
    Camelot Unchained?
    Chronicles of Elyria?
    etc.

Star Citizen is not an MMORPG and most likely not even an MMO and others are small to medium niche games.

When majority of consumers are talking about death of MMORPGs they are saying about AAA MMORPGs.
    Not much people give a s*#$ about niche indie MMOs.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    observer said:
    observer said:
    etc.

LOL
    Which past mmos would you consider great then?  Let me guess, you hated those too.  Typical mmo gamers, always looking for the non-existent, "perfect", mmo.  :confused:
    Great, EQ, EQ2 through to Kunark, WoW through to WotLK, Rift vanila. Planeshift showed promise but never delivered there were others and there were some I missed due to work or because I was too busy playing something else.
    Sulaa said:

Star Citizen is not an MMORPG and most likely not even an MMO and others are small to medium niche games.

says you. By the definition of THIS site, it is. 
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Cecropia said:

Lol.

No obsession here. I don't give two shits if Blizzard makes another MMORPG or not. It's just that you're continuously trying to paint a picture that has them never ever ever making another one. Which is not necessarily the case as per Morhaime. 

You're trying to stir shit up as usual (which I am sure many here would agree is some sort of an obsession) and I'm merely correcting you. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

edited June 2016
    Why are people saying Blizzard gave up on mmorpg, they have the most profitable, the most popular mmorpg that exists.  When you are number one you don't make anymore because you already beat everyone and are king of the genre.  If you don't like wow anymore then too bad for you, it's still the undisputed leader.

If you have the biggest, most profitable mmorpg on the market you would be insane to make another one because it could hurt that title. 

To give you an idea of how popular wow is (even now), it's closes competitor in the p2p arena is FFXIV.  FFXIV is on pc, ps3, ps4 and mac and has been released worldwide (including on steam) and it's considered a success even though it has never even broken 1 million subscribers.  Wow is 15 years old? and is fairly cheap to produce content for compared to 14,and at it's lowest point ever has well over 3 million subscribers.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @scorpex-x

To an extend Blizzard has paid the price of greed with WOW and that cost them over half in revenue drop in the last expansion as well as they permanently lost half of its player base that won't be buying Legion on launch. I even ensured to confirm this with polls. Blizzard did gave up on WOW but that's because they are only good at copying others and they had no great ideas to copy to WOW anymore as well as they introduced many terrible ones in the process and used their staff to develop things they are good at which is cinematic trailers (So Warcraft movie happened) and some other mediocre products like a trading card game, a FPS game and sequels of old popular products they had to cash on like Diablo and Star Craft.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    minideed said:
    Originally posted by Daikuru
    Blade and Soul and Black Desert, also Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark are not far away.

No thanks. B&S is dull, Black Desert will go the same route as ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal is just an L1 sequel Diablo-like wannabe and Lost Ark is another Diablo online wannabe.

As the OS has stated, there are no good MMO's in the near or distant future. Only thing current MMO's offer is P2W cast shops.

Any decent MMO's coming up that are not Farmville or top-down isometric based?

are you kidding me? saying Lost Ark is Diablo wannabe proves that you don't know anything about it,

it's top down isometric a.l.a diablo yes, but it's a full MMORPG, and it has way more features than Diablo, and do not let me start about the combat combo ability, it's just too good

Lost Ark is basically my last hope for MMO, if this game isn't coming out globally, i am done with MMO

i had high hopes for Tree of Savior, but it's another massive grind game :(

So What Now?